Would you date someone overweight?

Options

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't.

Never really been an issue. All the guys I've dated were at a healthy weight. Can't date now since my husband would probably divorce me for it. :laugh:
  • Miss_TeaPot
    Miss_TeaPot Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a big girl. My partners have always been thin though. My SO now is thin and very active. It's just what I have been attracted to.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I'd much rather date someone that makes me laugh and treats me with respect who has a some extra pounds on him than someone who is super fit but treats me poorly.

Fit people are all meanies who treat their SOs poorly?

That is not what I wrote at all.

Don't take the bait. He knows that's not what you said. Guy likes trying to stir up trouble.

Put him on ignore. :)

Please do. :flowerforyou:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    No.... I lead a active lifestyle and we probably wouldn't have anything in common

Oh yeah!?!? You closeminded ***hole!!! That's not what you were saying last night!!!! I was good enough for a one night stand I guess, but not to date, huh?

Yeah...go ahead, delete my ****ing number.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game...

You INFURIATE me!!!!! :explode:

Stop calling me!!

That was ma nu girl telling you straight up to leave us the h*** alone

Oh hell no!!! You probably at Red Lobster with her right now!!!

I'm fixin to tear UP your pick up truck!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I'd much rather date someone that makes me laugh and treats me with respect who has a some extra pounds on him than someone who is super fit but treats me poorly.

Fit people are all meanies who treat their SOs poorly?

That is not what I wrote at all.

Don't take the bait. He knows that's not what you said. Guy likes trying to stir up trouble.

And some like white knighting before there is even trouble.

It was bad logic. But meh

nice try to stir $**t up, dude.
    busted.

What's your damage? It was a joke. So very clearly a joke that it could only be made clearer if he'd put a little :tongue: in it.

The only pot stirrers I see here are you and the other guy who jumped on a clear JOKE and tried to make trouble.

Get over yourself.

MFP Start Date: Feb 2014. She'll learn.

:laugh:

I'm a fast learner. So far I've learned that you're kind of stirring the pot unnecessarily. You have a beef with the guy. I get it. You'll probably hunt him down in another thread and do the same thing at some point. :yawn:

Oh, and OP, sure I'd date an overweight guy. I have. I married one. He got fit after we got married and got me interested in fitness.

Actually, no. I could not care less about that dude. I just know that he likes to stir the pot and suggested that my friend not take the bait. Never said one word to him directly, nor will I.

And with that, enjoy your thread. I'm done. :flowerforyou:

It's okay, I know, logic isn't strong with you. Neither is mild humor. But don't cry.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I've dated all shapes and sizes. I've been with people who gained or lost significant amounts of weight while I was with them. It doesn't matter. Body shape is, in no rational way, indicative of how someone is as a lover. I dare say the greatest lover I've known would be classified as morbidly obese. Likewise, one of the worst I've ever known had a body that most women on here would kill to attain. It simply doesn't matter.
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    No.... I lead a active lifestyle and we probably wouldn't have anything in common

Oh yeah!?!? You closeminded ***hole!!! That's not what you were saying last night!!!! I was good enough for a one night stand I guess, but not to date, huh?

Stop calling me!!

Baby girl, come over tomorrow afternoon and we can patch things up. Then go to Red Lobster on Tuesday
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I would date someone slightly chubby, but probably not bigger than that. Honestly, part of the reason I'm losing weight is so I'll be more desirable to people either fit or at a normal weight.
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    I'm hearing that song "fat bottomed girls" by Queen play in my head
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yep! ...and I plan on marrying one! He has lost 30lbs in the last while and hoping to lose more. However, he was big when I met him and I was attracted right away. I will love him whatever he weighs and actually prefer he maybe keeps a wee bit of chunk.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Stop calling me!!

Baby girl, come over tomorrow afternoon and we can patch things up. Then go to Red Lobster on Tuesday

Ok baby, I can't wait to see you.

You gonna be with the new girl on Monday? Why we got to wait til Tuesday?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I only care about what is on the inside.
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

Stop calling me!!

Ok baby, I can't wait to see you.

You gonna be with the new girl on Monday? Why we got to wait til Tuesday?

Girl, you know I have my GED classes Monday night, stop trippin
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Aren't a good number of the users of this website overweight and 1)extremely conscious of their diet and 2)very active. I mean, there are kind of hordes of us on here who have lots of pounds to lose that you exchange advice and information with here every day! Doesn't that count as having something in common?
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

Aren't a good number of the users of this website overweight and 1)extremely conscious of their diet and 2)very active. I mean, there are kind of hordes of us on here who have lots of pounds to lose that you exchange advice and information with here every day! Doesn't that count as having something in common?

Why is he being questioned by so many?

A question was asked, he answered it honestly based on his preferences. Why pile on him? It's his personal preference.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options

LMAO. I know few overweight folks run faster than me and have completed multiple Boston Marathons and live extremely active lifestyle..
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Why is he being questioned by so many?

A question was asked, he answered it honestly based on his preferences. Why pile on him? It's his personal preference.

He's entitled to his opinion. I wouldn't have had any reaction at all if he'd just said "no, I don't find them attractive." Instead, he made a ridiculous assumption about activity levels and commonality. So I'm mostly pointing out that he's hiding his real answer behind something that he thought would sound inoffensive.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    It means I don't think any less of someone who is overweight as a person. It's like how a lot of women aren't attracted to men who are shorter than them. I almost didn't reply here since I figured someone would find a way to twist what I said.

I was pointing out that relationship preferences are always about judgement. That's what they are; judging another person as to whether you find them attractive/compatible. I don't have a problem with that and wasn't twisting what you meant (or at least I don't think I was) - my intention was to highlight that "I have X preference" and "it's not a judgement" are incompatible statements. And regarding your response, I think it actually does mean you think less of people with that characteristic since you have decided they aren't worthy of dating (in other words you rank them lower than people you would consider dating). Don't get me wrong, I have certain characteristics that I find more or less attractive, but ruling out an entire group of people based on a given characteristic is a judgement, and it certainly involves thinking less of people with that characteristic. I'm not saying you have to be attracted to overweight people, I'm just saying don't pretend you aren't judging them because you are.
  • majortom52
    majortom52 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    sure i would not the mega big though
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    yes , I have and would again

+1