Let Your Geek Flag Fly

Options
What is the nerdiest/dweebiest/geekiest thing about you?

Replies

• TrevNiel22
    TrevNiel22 Posts: 182
    Options
    used to play video games 24/7
    now I can barley bring myself to play more then 20minutes
    +1 for life changes
    :drinker: :smokin:
  • ScifiGirl1986
    ScifiGirl1986 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    there are so many things... I'm a huge fan of science fiction/fantasy (Doctor Who, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Quantum Leap, OUAT, Charmed, Supernatural, etc.), I love history, and I am a crime junkie (learning about them not committing them, lol).
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Ubuntu

I should probably stop there.
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    I was a devotee of the 20d, playing WAY too much Dungeons and Dragons back in the day.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Ubuntu

I should probably stop there.

I have a fileserver running Ubuntu. :laugh:

I'm a gamer.
    I enjoy fantasy fiction genre. Both books and TV.
    I wear nerdy shirts on occasion.
    I have read and taken part in discussions of The Silmarillion.
    I have built and repaired every computer I've owned.
  • josephbar
    josephbar Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Wearing my Google Glass while driving my Model S.

Bad i know... Ohh well, ive accepted it. In the Silicon Valley Geek is Chic.
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm fluent in 13375p34k, I can code, I know the Adobe Suite inside out, I'm a typography geek, I have played video games since I could sit up...I should probably stop there.
  • ReneR4
    ReneR4 Posts: 42
    Options
    Played Star Wars Galaxies for years, worked in tech support and is obsessed with Final Fantasy!
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I like video games (and own an assload), I play table top games like DnD and GURPS, I'm attempting to learn Sindarin (elven language created by Tolkien), I watch anime regularly, I still play (and enjoy) pokemon, and I could probably recite to you the location of every item and solution to just about every puzzle in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options

Yeah, that's not so much geek as maybe a few other things.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I wear glasses and they constantly slip down my nose. I'm known for unintentionally doing the geeky glasses push. It's one of my worst habits and I cannot break it.

Genius-601041.jpg

And I LOVED marching band, pep band, jazz band, any event that I could play at, I loved. I practiced just for the fun of it.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Have been playing ffxi for 9 years on and off, like to throw down some Magic the Gathering from time to time
  • josephbar
    josephbar Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Yeah, that's not so much geek as maybe a few other things.

Its just a starting point.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I grew up as a dancer in a scottish pipe band. I had my own kilt.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I have a level 70-something Dragoon Mithra. A level 85 Death Knight. I make charcoal drawings of Sesshomaru (aka Fluffy). I watch anime daily. Huge Doctor Who fan. Threw my son a Doctor Who birthday that included a TARDIS cake. I love dragons and have a dragon tattoo. As a child I wished I could grow dragon wings. I love all the Tomb Raider games and hope to one day cosplay as Lara. Back in it's glory days I had a Runescape character with full adaminite armor and went around PKing noobs.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I have a level 70-something Dragoon Mithra. A level 85 Death Knight. I make charcoal drawings of Sesshomaru (aka Fluffy). I watch anime daily. Huge Doctor Who fan. Threw my son a Doctor Who birthday that included a TARDIS cake. I love dragons and have a dragon tattoo. As a child I wished I could grow dragon wings. I love all the Tomb Raider games and hope to one day cosplay as Lara. Back in it's glory days I had a Runescape character with full adaminite armor and went around PKing noobs.

:love:
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    I have a Tusken Raider tattoo.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

Level 99 blm, whm, sch, rng, here lol
  • a hardcore whovian, trekkie, and fannibal.

i have seen every single episode *including the old ones* of doctor who and am working my way up on the star trek ones.

ah forgot to add i know gallifreyan
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

Level 99 blm, whm, sch, rng, here lol

Old game or new game?