Replies

• walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    XI
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I was a Dungeons and Dragons addict... I miss those days.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    One if my favorite on screen couples is Vala and Daniel Jackson, partly because I had a hole in my heart after I finished Farscape. I still ponder the ending of Battle Star Galactica. I still have a crush on Spike that rivals my all time crush on the Goblin King. I sometimes rewatch my favorite Buffy episodes. I made my husband watch firefly and Heros, even though I knew he'd go through the same heart break I did.

I didn't have cable until I got married because I streamed everything.

I have written fan fiction for Samurai Champloo and Kill Bill. I even wrote a crossover fan fic on Kill Bill and From Dusk til Dawn.

I used to dedicate a week of spring break to playing the Sims.

I did network commo in the Army and I know how to get phone service from one of those green boxes on the side of the road.

Sometimes, when my mind wanders, I find myself thinking about escape routes for the zombie appocalypse.

My hair is waaay too long to be cool, but part of me wants to look like a medieval maiden.. :ohwell:
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Cal-im in CounterStrike. One tournament win (Fragapalooza). All the Resident Evil! Master Combat Medic/Master Doctor. Level 90 Shadow Priest. Level 60 Chloromancer. Level 50 SCH & WHM. All the Doctor Who! So very, very much Sherlock. Yet to cosplay, but if I ever hit up a convention, plan to go as Claire Redfield because old school. So much L4D2! In ESO beta. Have a waist-height model of an Alien fighting a Predator. The list goes on. Hangs head in shame.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Cal-im in CounterStrike. One tournament win (Fragapalooza). All the Resident Evil! Master Combat Medic/Master Doctor. Level 90 Shadow Priest. Level 60 Chloromancer. Level 50 SCH & WHM. All the Doctor Who! So very, very much Sherlock. Yet to cosplay, but if I ever hit up a convention, plan to go as Claire Redfield because old school. So much L4D2! In ESO beta. Have a waist-height model of an Alien fighting a Predator. The list goes on. Hangs head in shame.

Love alien vs predator
  • Blossomforth13
    Options
    Born and raised Trekker, recent Whovian currently working on watching all extant Classic episodes, I attended the Browncoat Ball for fans of Firefly a few years ago, I have a tendency to randomly quote Shakespeare, Beowulf and Chaucer (I once got a very strange look when I quoted Titus Andronicus at the dinner table. Luckily my family had no idea about what the play was about, or even what the line was from.) I am incredibly upset about missing Tekkoshocon in Pittsburgh due to school this year...and when I grow up/get strong/get skinny I maaaaay look into the SCA to fulfill my lifelong dream of being a shieldmaiden. (Seriously. I read the Eddas and Sagas at seven and decided I wanted to be a valkyrie, then decided shieldmaiden would do when Mum explained it didn't work like that.)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, when my mind wanders, I find myself thinking about escape routes for the zombie appocalypse.

That's not geeky that's just a good idea
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    When I got a new dot matrix printer for my Commodore 64, I used a hex editor to print out side 1 of the floppy disk for Mail Order Monsters, went through it (carried it around in my trapper keeper and looked through it during the boring parts of school) and found the data for sprites and the values for various morph costs, and overwrote them to make my own set of base-type monsters and graphics for it.
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options

:blushing:
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I love science, history, mythology, RPGs, books, comics and anime. I've been gaming since I was old enough to hold a controller and spend much of my time either reading, writing, gaming, or working on art projects. My favorite genres include fantasy, science fiction, and horror. I aspire to one day have my own dungeon, library, and collection of ancient and medieval weapons.
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    practically everything wireless now, love wireless!
  • Be4stm0de
    Be4stm0de Posts: 103
    Options
    LVl 85 Night elf Druid(Drudbrees) 90 orc Rog(sapkraklepop), 90 Undead mage(Mageudie) over 100K honor kills on both mage and rogue.. PVP is my fav...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Though I'm much more casual gamer now, in the past I'd spec out and build my own PC from scratch and mainly play MMORPGs, I played FFXI for many, many years.

Now that I've lost a bunch of weight and can find and fit into 1-2XL shirts, about 90% of the shirts I own are of the nerdy and geeky variety.

90% of my music on my workout playlist that I listen to when I am at the gym lifting or going for walks and jogs are of the geeky/gaming variety. I have Final Fantasy, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Torchwood, Halo, Battlestar Galatica, Firefly and Star Wars music. Those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

My place has 2 types of pictures on the walls. Family and friends, or comic book and geek art..
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Umm ..Let me see what I have accomplished

1) I love Japanese manga
    2) I love role-playing,tactical as well as strategy computer and PS games
    3) I had finished playing game of Final Fantasy early editions I - IX,Legaia, Railroad Tycoon..etc
    4) MMORPGs ~ My Fave!! ..TCG,Turn-based games..:love:
    5) A total Bookworm, I read all genres of books as long as it captivates my attention ( I still do):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    6) Refer to No.3 & 4, I am willing to sleep less than 5hrs, just to finish my games/books..:happy:

7) A big fan of Raymond E Feist, I read his whole fantasy books collection :wink:
  • MysteriousLdy
    Options
    used to play video games 24/7
    now I can barley bring myself to play more then 20minutes
    +1 for life changes
    :drinker: :smokin:

Same..I am letting go of my PC/PS games..Taking too much of my time (work,gym,books..etc) :cry:
  • middleton110
    middleton110 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was a Dungeons and Dragons addict... I miss those days.

Join the club. Started when I was six. My dad let me play an eagle and I'd fly around the battles and do like 1d2 of damage (I also rolled the dice for the monsters when my dad was the GM). I was twelve with a tenth level druid and there would be adults who didn't believe I'd actually played enough D&D to get to that on my own...

Now I'm finishing school as an engineer.
  • NicholePotato
    NicholePotato Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've been to an anime convention...more than once...IN COSTUME.
  • Be4stm0de
    Be4stm0de Posts: 103
    Options
    Oh yeah, and I'm at the end (level 530) of candy crush, waiting for them to make new ones...
  • MysteriousLdy
    Options

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • middleton110
    middleton110 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

This. Hahaha.