Let Your Geek Flag Fly

Options

Replies

• logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    <--- see profile pic
    the weekends I don't spend larping I spend playing tabletop RPGs of MTG :-)

I also make larp weapons and armour :-)
  • lulufitmfp
    lulufitmfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Spend 5 years raiding on Everquest 2, 3 days a week. 2 of those years I was playing on dail-up (Hardcore I know). I still play MMORPGs like Neverwinter but nothing ever beats the memories I had on EQ2, and the friends I still have from there. I am a PC gamer 4life and my Steam list is still growing; just updated my graphics card a few months ago to a GTX 760. Love it!
  • ugottafriend
    ugottafriend Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Doctor Who! I make TARDIS crafts, and I'm a member of Krewe Du Who!

I'm also a Certified Bob Ross Instructor. Happy Trees, Punks!
  • thatpixichick
    thatpixichick Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love old school FPS (Quake is my forever love, don't care how ancient the graphics are :heart: ) and I'm a forever Buffy nerdling.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I love science, history, mythology, RPGs, books, comics and anime. I've been gaming since I was old enough to hold a controller and spend much of my time either reading, writing, gaming, or working on art projects. My favorite genres include fantasy, science fiction, and horror. I aspire to one day have my own dungeon, library, and collection of ancient and medieval weapons.

You are awesome! That sounds like a great aspiration.

I noticed you like Puella Magi Madoka Magica, so right back at you! I think you should make an awesome costume, go with a supportive friend and show everyone how it's done. :)
  • socunpato
    socunpato Posts: 48
    Options
    I just finished writing my senior thesis... about A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones.

My birthday's at the beginning of April and for the last three years I've thrown a hobbit-themed party that also celebrated the beginning of spring. We dress up as hobbits, go to an old farmhouse in the middle of the fields, have lots of cheese and roasted meat, and spend hours and hours dancing to medieval music and drinking a remarkable amount of wine. :bigsmile:
  • Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Watch most sci-fi and fantasy stuff. Have an extensive book collection of mainly sci-fi and fantasy stuff alongside a rapidly growing selection of the Black Library stuff. Watch anime and have a wide eclectic taste in comic books. Also love to game both console, PC and tabletop.

Used to play and paint games workshop stuff, both fantasy and 40K (definitely a theme here)

Love writing, again in the sci-fi or fantasy genres and have written some fan fiction in the warhammer worlds (both fantasy and 40K).

Currently playing a lot of magic the gathering and X-wing minature game (awesome!)

Really think I want to try larping, but possibly too old now, but looks like great fun to me.
  • Blossomforth13
    Options
    I love science, history, mythology, RPGs, books, comics and anime. I've been gaming since I was old enough to hold a controller and spend much of my time either reading, writing, gaming, or working on art projects. My favorite genres include fantasy, science fiction, and horror. I aspire to one day have my own dungeon, library, and collection of ancient and medieval weapons.

You are awesome! That sounds like a great aspiration.

I noticed you like Puella Magi Madoka Magica, so right back at you! I think you should make an awesome costume, go with a supportive friend and show everyone how it's done. :)

I would, but I've heard way too many people make comments about heavy cosplayers at Tekko. When I'm closer to my goal, definitely! besides, school is keeping me from going this year anyway. :(

(PS: Can I friend you?)
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I cried during the final cut scene of Bioshock.

I mean those little girls became my daughters....my family..... (wells up)

*runs out of room*
  • DJManos
    DJManos Posts: 220
    Options
    Ubuntu

I should probably stop there.

This is just the beginning for me...
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Really think I want to try larping, but possibly too old now, but looks like great fun to me.

You are never too old! My parents started LARPing after retirement :-)
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I have a large collection of Star Wars book (over 100) and I have read them all multiple times.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I've been running Linux of some flavor since...1997? Awhile, anyway.

My day job is head of IT.

I run FreeBSD+ZFS on a 14TB home server that fits in the size of a shoebox and is whisper quiet.

I know almost everything there is to know about proper bra fitting.

I will read literally anything put in front of me.
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    for-the-horde-baby1.jpg
  • arielnc
    arielnc Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and sometimes I challenge other people to HP trivia. I'm so ashamed.

But I always win.
  • Skykilr1
    Skykilr1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My room looks like a 15 yr old lives there. Star Wars posters on the wall. SW, Batman, Dragon Ball Z figures on the book shelves, all SW on dvd AND Bluray, the entire Buffy tVS set on dvd, Firefly on dvd and Bluray, and 2 giant long boxes filled with comics.
  • BehindtheMic
    BehindtheMic Posts: 1,736 Member
    Options
    Fan of Star Wars, Star Trek, DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Harry Potter, etc....
  • TheresaC928
    TheresaC928 Posts: 849
    Options
    I would love to win a trip to Comic Con someday and take my teenage son. I also love Harry Potter and the Harry Potter world at Universal Studios in Orlando. I love sci fi and was a big fan of the show Fringe and still wish it would come back. :)
  • KatieLouWho19
    KatieLouWho19 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Sitting in front of my TV with my turtle beaches on whooping that booty in Call of Duty! ;)

I miss it soooo much.....
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hmmm

I have watched every single episode of every Star Trek series and every film in chronological order as well as many many other sci fi series.

Will randomly quote said series at random times.

Am a computer geek, who loves to run linux and learn new things.

Play wow.

Own computers in double figures. Including a file server with over 40TB.

Love gaming

Plenty of other things