Quickest ways to lose all credibility on MFP

Options

Replies

• Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    Someone said I couldn't count my Scotch towards my water total.... lost all credibility :noway: :drinker:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Saying "I still eat all the junk food I want, just in moderation"... on that note please don't look at my food diary today lol

Saying that saying 'I still eat all the junk food I want, just in moderation" makes a person lose credibility.
  • ysienkiewicz
    ysienkiewicz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Saying you've really been trying doing everything you should, eating right and exercising everyday and it's not working when you've been doing this for 3 weeks and you eat 1200cal...bonus points for arguing with the peeps who respond and try to help

Oh yeah! This is the one!
  • nurssassy
    nurssassy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am too new to weigh in on this topic with any credibility but I have found this thread to be highly entertaining. SO I feel the need to say thanks for the laughs. :happy:
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I don't know what "Blue Bell" ice cream is (is it only in the states?) but I like Haagen Dazs :)

Another few for me are:
    -cutting carbs to some arbitrary number [for no medical reason]
    -"one pound of fat weighs more than one pound of muscle" or anything about gaining muscles while cutting/instead of losing fat I'm gaining muscle
    -I just ate and then weighed myself, why did I gain x pounds?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    - claim you are gaining on 800 calories per day

- anything that has the word "keytones" in it

- anything with the word "cleanse" or "detox" in it

- anything claiming DVD cardio/circuit workouts to be "strength training"

- females "bulking" on 1200 or less calories per day because they are lifting more than their purse weighs

- "I'm pretty sure I'm gaining muscle"

- OMG I weighed myself after eating a bunch of food and **** all day and I weigh more than I did this morning...

- Sugar is the devil

- Fat is the devil

- most recently, protein is the devil...I guess we're just all ****ed in the *kitten* then...

- I'm poor and can't even afford dried beans

- I'm an adult and don't like veg or fruit or anything that's not fast food but I want to be healthy...HALP!

- I thought this place was for "support"

- I need to lose 40 Lbs by my upcoming vacation in two weeks...

- Jumpstarting the metabolism

- Jumpstarting weight-loss

- Jumpstarting anything but your car

- Tablespoons of coconut oil in your coffee is magic

- Lemon in your water is some kind of magical weight loss tonic

- I just can't possibly eat more than 500 calories per day even though I'm a big fat mother ****er....

- I'm doing everything right....except I don't log and don't use measuring cups or a food scale...and I only have like 2 sodas per day as a "treat"...but I'm pretty sure I'm only eating like 100 calories per day and not losing

- exercise calories???? and no, I didn't bother reading all of the stickies and what not before diving in head first here. I have no idea how to use this tool and now I'm going to complain about it.

I could go on but my dinner is almost ready....

1+ :laugh:
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Someone said I couldn't count my Scotch towards my water total.... lost all credibility :noway: :drinker:

Assuming Scotch-rocks...What about the ice cubes. Totally water.
  • EHisCDN
    Options
    Saying "I still eat all the junk food I want, just in moderation"... on that note please don't look at my food diary today lol

Saying that saying 'I still eat all the junk food I want, just in moderation" makes a person lose credibility.

That's what I was thinking. And what is "junk food" anyway?
  • Achrya
    Options

My mom made squash, tasted like sadness and regret. I'd consider that junk food.
  • EHisCDN
    Options

My mom made squash, tasted like sadness and regret. I'd consider that junk food.

Ok anything that tastes like "sadness and regret" is junk food. I tried making butternut squash soup the other day and it tasted like rotten baby food... Instantly regretted ingesting it.
  • Skittle_BoomBoom
    Options
    Using bull**** "cardio excercises" to burn calories.

EX: (insert name here) just burned 900 calories doing 15 minutes of cleaning (general)

Like seriously? You're only kidding yourself.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options

Shouldn't that be "loose" credibility? :laugh:
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Blue Bell? Pfft, Blue BUNNY.

No. Just no.
  • Achrya
    Options

Shouldn't that be "loose" credibility? :laugh:

Only if I want half of my FL to show up and kick my *kitten*.
  • what_lola_wants
    what_lola_wants Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Those who do this on DAILY BASIS: COMPLAINING about
    1) I hate to exercise, but I want to loose weight
    2) weight under 150-140lbs yet screaming they are too fat
    3) Female should not do weight
    4) EVERYDAY is the bad day
    5) A guy account but only add female friends

196157.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    here are 5 off the top of my head...

- use the word "detox" non-ironically
    - start an "OMG everyone here is so mean and rude" thread
    - post a cauliflower-replacement recipe non-ironically
    - cite The China Study as scientific proof
    - claim that Ben & Jerry's is better ice cream than Blue Bell.

:bigsmile:

Please cite your sources....coz you are wrong.....and mean...
  • slrican
    slrican Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Complaining you are not losing weight and are WAY under your calorie goal. Because all you eat is doritos.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I went 40 calories over my allotment today? Am I going to die? :frown:
  • JaniePapageorgio
    JaniePapageorgio Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Using bull**** "cardio excercises" to burn calories.

EX: (insert name here) just burned 900 calories doing 15 minutes of cleaning (general)

Like seriously? You're only kidding yourself.

Yup.
    ... unless you're a professional chef or hairdresser, "food preparation" and "styling hair" are not going burn significant calories.