Ever wonder if the picture people post are really them?

Options

Replies

• bl1nk6
    bl1nk6 Posts: 175
    Options
    Bit pointless lying, they're only kidding themselves, it's not a dating site lol

this :) It doesn't really matter does it?
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I wonder that too. I've been debating whether to post a pic or not.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    There will always be people on the internet that are being deceptive for some reason, though it's often pretty obvious. Or they may be protecting their privacy, and that is obvious as well.

Otherwise, why would the photos not be them? The photo is obviously a photo of a real person, so why not that person? This is a fitness site, so there will be fit people on the site. If there wasn't, then we would all question the effectiveness of the site. People are going to be in all different phases of their progress.

And it's great when people show any kind of photo of themselves whether it's a selfie or not, a fitness photo or face shot, fully clothed or in something that shows skin, or just a happy photo of them doing something they enjoy.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Bit pointless lying, they're only kidding themselves, it's not a dating site lol

this :) It doesn't really matter does it?

It's their profile to use as they wish. Keep in mind that people may want to maintain their privacy for a variety of reasons, they may be using an inspirational avatar, they could have self esteem issues that prevent them from posting their real pics, or they could simply be out to deceive.
  • Robrowald
    Robrowald Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    All my pics are me, feel free to look, point, and laugh. :)
  • jugojuice
    jugojuice Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    why would i fake my 500lb deadlift.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Its me....take it or leave it, I judge myself enough for the both of us!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    <---Me! It has never occurred to me to use pictures other than myself, but I suppose some people do that.
  • Lifelink
    Lifelink Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    nobody-knows-youre-a-dog-meme1.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

welcome to the internet…nothing is real...
  • J3nnyBeanz
    J3nnyBeanz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    what i wonder most about pictures is the amount of selfies that are taken to show a good weight loss, is it too hard to ask someone to take your photo, its always a better picture when you dont have the camera in your hand.

Lol me too, they live a lonely life
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    <-- Totally me. I am an extremely intelligent boston terrier able to not only type and use the internet, but I'm able to type in English.
  • Skittle_BoomBoom
    Options
    <--- That is totally me. In this picture, my lovely owner is holding me in her hands. I am a loving Calico/Domestic mixed cat and I just want to lose weight like everyone else!
  • orangeskiesinlove
    orangeskiesinlove Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You never know on the internet.
  • impylaurie2
    impylaurie2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I never really thought of that. I am on here to log my food and exercise and to support and have people support me. I actually don't care what picture they put up.
  • ReneR4
    ReneR4 Posts: 42
    Options
    Ok, after reading through every single page (thanks for the laughs), I'm tempted to download a photo from the internet of a nice fit woman who's body I aspire to have and use it as inspiration!
  • MakaylaMondlicht
    Options
    I'm told I have a nice smile.

Day made. (said by person with smiley face picture)
  • aleggett321
    aleggett321 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Definitely me. Why else would I use a picture of a woman with an opera house on her head?
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    I could give two f_ u_ c_ks about what people think of my pictures. I'm here to lose weight and get in shape. I appreciate encouragement from people, but I don't absolutely need it. I'm guessing about 50% of the pics are fake. Don't make me no never mind. I'll still creep, because I'm a creep.

This man has the right attitude