What are some popular healthy foods that you hate?

Options

Replies

• KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Fish. It tastes about as bad as it smells (and god does it stink up the place).
    Eggs.
    Peas.
    Avocados.
    Oatmeal.
    Brown rice.
    Water chestnuts. Horrible texture. I always separate them off into their own little corner if I get Chinese takeout.
    Olives. To quote another poster, they taste like salty feet (or what one would assume them to taste like).
    Cucumbers. Only like 'em pickled.
    Tomatoes, with the exception of grape tomatoes. I tolerate them in burgers and sandwiches because the taste mellows out with all the other ingredients. Can't eat them otherwise.
    Black beans. I'm half Cuban, but black beans and rice? No bueno!
    Grapefruit. With all of the above foods, I can see why people would like them. But not grapefruit. Disgusting fruit, among the very worst.
    Yogurt of any kind.

That's all I can think of for now. :tongue:
  • DebinMelbourne
    DebinMelbourne Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm dying with laughter over this thread.

Anyhoo, I love all the weird healthy stuff like quinoa, beans, kale, etc.

The only food (besides offal) that I cannot abide is......bananas. Blech. Yet I make my daughter eat them. Go figure.

I have finally learned to like Brussels sprouts, only by cooking them to kingdom come in the slow cooker.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Kale, Carrots, Cucumber, Beets.
  • katiehbell
    katiehbell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yogurt. To me it is sour curdled milk. Even writing this I feel sick. Ugh.
  • thatpixichick
    thatpixichick Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Avocado! Everyone raves about it but I just find it pasty and weird.
  • laureneliason
    Options
    KALE!!!! I made the mistake of trying to hide it in my smoothie. I never get to slow down at work because Im an intensive care nurse so I bring a smoothie every night so that I can get some sort of nutrition on my shift. I took one sip of the one I made with kale and insta puked, luckily I made it to the trash can but needless to say I starved the whole night! That stuff taste like a mix of dirt and what I would imagine throw up! I immediately walked in the house and trashed it before I even put my bags and keys down!
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Wow lots in here listed that I don't like either, but lots that I do so that's at least good. Off the top of my head:
    Olives, hummus, sweet potatoes (I want to like them but just..no), celery, cauliflower (though for cauliflower I can eat it if it's mixed with broccoli and cheese, or half and half mash with potato), mushroom unless it's in small amounts like on pizza and I like mushroom soup...:huh: um, avocados, not a big fan..., mustard, watermelon...really any type of melon, I can't get myself to like it. cucumbers, pineapple

There are probably more but I now also like a lot of things I didn't used to, or some things I like once I've tried them prepared in different ways, I used to hate broccoli now I'll eat it steamed and love it, used to hate peppers, now they're increasingly delicious... Thankfully there are so many fruits and veggies out there that I still like I pretty big variety.
  • Sophie_UK
    Sophie_UK Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese/Quark
    Avocados
    Prawns
    Mushrooms
    Swede

Yukky!

I really wish I liked cottage cheese or quark but I just can't stomach it.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Anything made with cauliflower that's not meant to be.

Cottage cheese. I wish I could eat it, but it's just vile.

Beetroot - genuinely the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted. :laugh:
  • Sophie_UK
    Sophie_UK Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Eggs...now scrambled or an omelette is fine. But if the egg is cooked while the egg yolk and white are still separate I won't eat it. I don't like the egg white on it's own, or the yolk. Boiled and then mashed - nope, it was cooked with them separate and tastes of egg yolk and egg white. But I love my scrambled eggs + omelettes :)

That and mushrooms....oh and maybe some of the offal - I can manage some of it, but really not.

But I love kale, greek yoghurt, advocados, and all other nice veggies and treats other folks don't seem to like.

I'm ok with eggs as long as I doctor them first. I have to remove the disgusting little white thing that joins the yolk to the egg like a mini umbilical cord. Then i can eat it!
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Kale chips - they taste like cabbage-scented paper. Also kale in any other form. Anything where cauliflower is the substitute for something yummy, like potatoes or pizza crust. I'm not the biggest fan of raw cauliflower, but it's fine in a stir-fry, a curry, etc. Also cottage cheese, it looks like something that's been regurgitated.
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thanks MFP friends. Before reading this, I felt hungry. Now I just want to go workout and forget eating anything.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    This thread is fabulous and now I'm hungry for kale and quinoa and mushrooms and cauliflower OM NOM NOM NOM!

I hate eggplant and radishes. They're not really "popular" healthy foods, though, are they?
  • aribugg
    aribugg Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Olives, of both colors. that spinach that supposed to go in salads or whatever? I like the old spinach, all cut up and dark green and drowned in butter with Parmesan cheese... oh yeah lol.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    None of these actually apply to me (except for the yoghurt part...eh :P ) but I felt like this should be here.

1978620_639446239443404_37151278_n.jpg
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts,
    Tomato Soup or plain tomato sauce. If it's one ingredient of a sauce that's fine but plain no thanks.

I am reading here that people eat kale raw or in chips. Not exactly sure why you would do that. It's not a terrible common food in my country but whenever I ate it it was in a stew or somehow cooked or sauted and I can't remember that it had a very uniqe (i.e. very bitter or otherwise bad) taste.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Don't care for kale, brussell sprouts or avocado unless it's made into guacamole.
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Avocado. I just can't like it no matter how hard I try.
  • bachampion04
    bachampion04 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Almost everything lol
    I'm convinced my body hates everything healthy haha but my limiters are diary so the yogurts and any type of milk.
  • Chellellelle
    Chellellelle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Arugula!!! It tastes like rotten dandelions!