What to put on popcorn

Options

Replies

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn :D salt and pepper are nice and low-calorie, and brewer's yeast tastes the best, plus it's healthy :3
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    truffle oil! I use a tsp on a big amount of popcorn - truffle oil is so flavorful that you don't need much at all. I also like olive oil - I use my misto to spray it on. Also add sea salt for both of these.

Or I get the land O' lakes whipped butter that comes in a round tub - its delicious and only 50 cals/tbsp., 1 tbsp. is more than enough!
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    melted white or dark chocolate drizzled over top (works best when you put it on a baking sheet to get an even coverage)
    Top with sprinkles for extra style points lol
  • fruit_cakey
    Options
    I'm probably not the greatest on advice for losing weight, because I mostly here to keep a track of what I'm eating to see what's going on with my chronic pain, but for our popcorn we use a ton of different spices to appease our cravings at different times. The healthiest and most delicious things we've found you can put on your popcorn are Turmeric, Cumin, curry powder, and yeast flakes. Yeast flakes are very high in a ton of different vitamins and completely guilt free. It's kind of like a replacement for powdered parmesan cheese. I'm a sucker for parmesan cheese, but can't have the sodium. This is very very low in sodium. If you would like to add salt, I suggest himalayan pink salt as it's one of the highest in nutritional value. That's basically what we do when we're craving something flavorful, but not sweet.
  • joy9086
    Options
    I like the home-style popcorn by pop-secret, drizzled with a liquid sweetener (honey style). It's a good mixture of sweet and salty
  • firesweetheart
    firesweetheart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump. To save all the delicious ideas!
  • amberlinajo
    amberlinajo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We used to eat it as kids with pickle juice on it! It's good!
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Sriracha!
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I like to drizzle my air popped corn with a little heated olive oil, pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper. Yum!
  • outlawchef1
    Options
    Just a little olive oil with pink Himalayan salt. My daughter thought I was crazy. But now whenever she comes to visit that is the requested snack .
  • Sunflwer3
    Sunflwer3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • careyw1
    careyw1 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Im definitely going to try some of these ideas..I bought Skinny Pop popcorn yesterday at Costco(but can be bought at Sams club) and was just thinking what to put on it!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • shoats213
    shoats213 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    old bay seasoning
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Sapori infused olive oils - our faves are Portobello & Garlic, Sundried tomato & Parmesan & Garlic flavour, and if you really need it smokin' hot - Citrus & Habanero. I put these in a pampered chef oil spritzer and spritz & mix then top with Himalayan Pink salt or Alder Smoked Sea Salt from Epicure. Google the names Sapori & Epicure if you want these sent to you in the mail. Western Canadian companies so I don't know where they can ship but it's worth a try. Ours is air popped first.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a microwave popping bowl so that I know exactly how much (and what kind of) oil is inside... do they make them in glass?
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    So many yummy ideas! Love the hot sauce one! I like salt and fresh cracked pepper.
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love Tajín (a Mexican seasoning made up of chili powder, lime, and salt). Toss that with a little melted coconut oil in your popcorn. It's delicious!
  • ashleysarvi
    Options
    i dont know how to make it work but peanut butter sounds good maybe mix it with maple syrup and drizzle it over...yea that sounds good :laugh:
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Oh, the sapori infused olive oils sounds awesome! And you can get them on amazon.