Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is your take on peanut butter?

Replies

• caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    SugaryLynx, my thoughts exactly. Will you marry me?

Try the peanuts and salt only PB. It tastes fantastic even without sugar and oil.

Eat a LITTLE of what you crave, because eating a carrot won't solve the craving, and you will just eat PB afterward. .
  • Pertinacy
    Pertinacy Posts: 131
    I take Peanut Butter and put it in my mouth.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    I live peanut butter. I eat it with a spoon all the time, last night included. I find it a great way to get some calories after a workout when it's late at night and I'm not hungry.

Rigger

+1

Great protein source, and if you workout you handle the calories.

~Charles~
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Peanut butter is delicious nectar of the gods

Seconded.

Third-ed.

Fourth-ed-ed?? I love the stuff...eat it every night with some dark chocolate as a snack. It fits in my macros so I got for it :-)
  • I eat it occasionally, but I am not overly fussed on it. It doesn't really seem worth the calories to me. Nutella on the other hand, I could eat straight from the jar, so yummy :).
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    I just bought a massive jar of it today!
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    LOVE!
  • p00ki3nb00
    p00ki3nb00 Posts: 64 Member
    PBSlim powdered peanut butter with chocolate is HEAVEN in shakes that taste bland!
  • zerocalorie
    zerocalorie Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks for your replies everyone. Don't get me wrong I do care about the nutrients and the protein too. I normally like almond butter, but PB will always have a special place on my shelf or should I say tongue.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I love it. Good source of protein. Almond butters are also good
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    I never cared much for it before I began here. Hardly ever ate it.
    Now I find myself craving it, WTH? I have it once a week for breakfast on a toasted English muffin with sliced banana. I tried the PB2, but it is not quite the same, but a lot lower in calories.
  • kmglennie
    kmglennie Posts: 40
    I find nut butters are trouble foods for me because I have a really hard time putting on the brakes and limiting myself to a very small amount, and with peanut butter, a little more packs a huge calorie wallop.

Also, if you are going to eat it, make sure to weigh it rather than just going by measuring spoons!
  • zerocalorie
    zerocalorie Posts: 9 Member
    I saw an ad for PB2 this past week. Powder right?
  • lol....
  • vpzuck
    vpzuck Posts: 4
    Try PB2! It's great!:smile:
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    I had a hard time eating even a natural peanut butter in moderation, peanut butter is a trigger food for me. I switched to natural almond butter which I love maybe even more so than peanut butter, but I can eat almond butter in moderation and I eat it pretty much daily, sometimes twice daily. It's a good healthy protein/ fat. I work it into may daily calories and it's all good.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    I saw an ad for PB2 this past week. Powder right?

Yep, you add water to it. They sell it at Target now. It is with the regular peanut butter.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    I eat it (honey roasted) with a spoon while walking on my treadmill! That stuff is nummy
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    I like it on my dark chocolate personally...
    tumblr_n2c53uc1W61sj3oxho1_500.gif

Peanut butter is tasty and good. Make room and enjoy it.
  • greytniki
    greytniki Posts: 51 Member
    Jif Whips, they blow air in it or something so it tastes like your getting the same amount at half the calories...Everyonce in a while you splurge and frankly if I work it into my calorie intake for the day so be it.