What is your take on peanut butter?

Options

Replies

• in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    I eat it and have no intention of stopping.

This.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I eat better'n peanut butter. It has half the calories and less fat. Plus, it is still pretty yummy!

I tried that and it is definitely NOT better than peanut butter. A very poor substitute in my opinion. I'd rather just have less of the real stuff.
  • CelebrityStatus
    CelebrityStatus Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter goes great with anything chocolate. It also makes an amazing cookie. It's also fantastic when you melt it and pour it on things, like bread/toast, waffles, etc. Inject it into some cupcakes. Make a buttercream frosting with it.

What could possibly go wrong?That's my take on peanut butter.

And she's lost 113 pounds according to her tracker, so how bad could pb really be ;)

I like peanut butter, but I don't eat all that much of it... I like it on a piece of toast or melted to dip apple slices in. Yum.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I just take PB.. all of it.. and eat it on various things.. but most often directly off a spoon..

dammit, now I want PB and a Pita dipped in hummus....

*sigh*

I eat santa cruz unsalted PB or Adams unsalted 100% pure peanut butter both with no salt or sugar added. Just peanuts.. I alternate between creamy and chunky .

PB2 just makes me crave actual PB. It's not as good nor nearly at satisfying. Esp when placed on chocolate.

hmm.. Maybe a baked pita dipped in PB! mmmmmm.. now i'm really hungry! and all I have a is a tuna chef salad. sigh.
  • Wicibeth
    Wicibeth Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I make my own! It's amazing! <3
  • wijody
    wijody Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I eat it every morning - 2 pieces of toast with a generous spread of PB and grape jam. I have it with my coffee. I feel that because I get SO much enjoyment out of it, it helps me stick to my eating plan all day because I don't feel deprived - I get a HUGE psychological 'reward' from eating it. Even later in the day and evening if I'm tempted to snack, knowing I'm going to enjoy my breakfast after I get up makes me strong to resist cravings ... maybe that doesn't make sense but I swear by it. If I ate ANYthing else for breakfast, it doesn't work its magic like PB&J toast does!
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I love that stuff. I have a serving everyday.
  • running_tall
    running_tall Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and almond butter....and eat about a tablespoon of one or the other almost every day!
    *With bananas
    *With bread and a few raisins
    *In protein shakes....LOVE peanut butter.

Moderation.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is good fat....natural or with little sodium's fine in my opinion.
    I do take with a little bit of sodium cause i prefer the taste of it but i don't take sodium in mostly anything else so my level is low anyway.

I've stopped all treats...i don't eat any junk food or candies etc.... my only treat is peanut butter on whole wheat bread...
    So do i take it...Damn right i do!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I don't like peanut butter all that much, but I go through phases where I crave it. Only the crunchy stuff though!

I found almond butter about a year ago :love: So much better!
  • BHeineman93
    Options
    Peanut butter has saturated fat and sodium. It does give you some fiber, vitamins and minerals. It does fill you up and is also packed with nutrition. I would eat it but just pay attention to the sodium and sugars. Nuts are good for dieters, so i cant imagine why peanut butter wouldn't be ok to eat
  • Christinelmt78
    Options
    I eat peanut butter every day BUT only 1 measured tablespoon and it's enough to put on a wheat flat bread or some fruit.. I hate that it has so many calories too but I love it..
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter has saturated fat and sodium. It does give you some fiber, vitamins and minerals. It does fill you up and is also packed with nutrition. I would eat it but just pay attention to the sodium and sugars. Nuts are good for dieters, so i cant imagine why peanut butter wouldn't be ok to eat

I'm not saying that peanuts are "bad" for you...

...but they are most certainly *not* nuts.

And saturated fat isn't necessarily a bad thing...nor is sodium. And it's satiety/calorie number (pretending like that actually exists) wouldn't have it that high on anyone's list of foods. Oh, and sugars aren't bad either.

TL;DR - I think I disagree with everything you said.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter goes great with anything chocolate. It also makes an amazing cookie. It's also fantastic when you melt it and pour it on things, like bread/toast, waffles, etc. Inject it into some cupcakes. Make a buttercream frosting with it.

What could possibly go wrong?That's my take on peanut butter.

What could possibly go wrong? what could possibly go wrong?

I could find myself in the middle of the night standing in the kitchen in just my drawers with a jar of peanut butter in one hand, a spoon in the other, and a mouth full of regret.

PB2 is great for adding peanut butter flavor to recipes, but on its own, it pretty much sucks.

Woah.......This has nothing to do with anything but your pic at insta-glance....I immediately thought you were trogalicious of the future..

Back to our scheduled programming.
    Peanut butter ROCKS. I usually use it to up my protein when I'm not feeling too terribly hungry and still need to hit my macros.
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I make room for peanut butter every day, BUT (1) I weigh it now after finding out that my "measured" tablespoon weighed out at more like two, and (2) never on bread -- only with celery/apple or celery/banana. It's calorie-dense but there's something about it that makes life worth living...

As to PB2, I found it lacking on its own (not enough taste, little satiety value), but LOVE it (1) on oatmeal, and (2) mixed with greek yogurt and unsweetened cocoa powder. Great treat, feels like a dessert.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Getting straight to the point by answering the topic question:

My take on peanut butter is that it is amazing...so is almond butter...and cashew butter mmmmmm
  • JanieC93
    JanieC93 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Love peanut butter! Has a lot of benefits! It is like a healthy-cheat food; tastes as though you are cheating but in reality its beneficial.

Since peanut butter is fairly strong (taste and filling wise), You can use a small amount and it will go a long way!
  • MrsTaraDStringer
    MrsTaraDStringer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Love it! Spoons are necessary for eating it! It may have a high calorie content, however it is also meant to be one of the known fat burning foods!
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    My take is I will take it in.
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    love it .. mix it in with Thai chili sauce and stir fry with veggies and yum