What to do with cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• 1NatoshaW
    Options
    I only eat it on salads. I'm learning to eat it more. It's suppose to be a belly flatten-er.
  • Butterf1y_Effect
    Butterf1y_Effect Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese mixed with scallions and siracha....with a little salt and pepper.
  • scrottea
    scrottea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lilndnfeather22
    lilndnfeather22 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    some very good ideas! I like to use it as a dip for ritz or any cracker really with just a little salt and pepper. I also like to chop up some strawberries and blueberries and mix it in about half and half and eat it like yogurt.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Throw it away.
  • michelleneli
    michelleneli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • DesertRains
    DesertRains Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    DO THIS!

2pplt6p.jpg

It's two whole tomatoes, 1/2 an avacado, 1/2 cup cottage cheese and a LOT of Tajín seasoning. So freaking good. I eat it a lot in summer.
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    you might want to fall OUT OF LOVE...

NOT THE HIGH FAT CONTENT19% SAT FAT....HIGH SODIUM....LOW FIBER....basically paste

Amount Per 1 cup, small curd (not packed) (225 g)
    Calories 222
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 10 g 15%
    Saturated fat 3.9 g 19%
    Polyunsaturated fat 0.3 g
    Monounsaturated fat 1.8 g
    Cholesterol 38 mg 12%
    Sodium 819 mg 34%
    Potassium 234 mg 6%
    Total Carbohydrate 8 g 2%
    Dietary fiber 0 g 0%
    Sugar 6 g
    Protein 25 g 50%
    Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 18% Iron 1%
    Vitamin D 1% Vitamin B-6 5%
    Vitamin B-12 16% Magnesium 4%

Yeah, protein and calcium suck! So do B vitamins! And all fat MUST be bad, because we all want to lose fat, right?! And omg the sodiums--ANYTHING with sodium is a bad food! We can't possibly eat lower sodium foods throughout the day, pay attention to water or potassium, or read the studies showing that sodium mostly plays a role in someone's health if they've already got an existing issue.

DAMN THE MAN.

Uh, yeah, exactly. Why on earth would you consider something with that much protein in that many calories bad? 50% of your daily protein in 222 calories is AWESOME. And fat is necessary for health, too. Yeah, you don't want to get all of it in saturated form, but seriously, I can't understand how you could look at those numbers and think it's a bad thing to eat (the calcium too!) I mean, it's like anything else and you shouldn't eat buckets of it every day (unless it fits in your probably-to-gain-weight goals), but seriously.

I agree with all of this.

I'd also like to add that I think that 50g of protein a day is nowhere near enough for a healthy woman. I usually have just under 3x that amount. It fills you up and helps you lose fat and not muscle ladies! UP YOUR PROTEIN! :)
  • galp23
    galp23 Posts: 3
    Options
    Ok try this! Whole wheat pasta, cottage cheese, tuna ,a bit of Kerry Golds butter.and black pepper Its delicious!
    Galp
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I love it for breakfast or a snack with cinnamon, berries and toasted chopped nuts. Or, blended with equal amounts of rolled oats and egg white and then cooked like pancakes. So delicious!
  • schminnie
    Options
    For a lazy person's lasagna fix, I mix it with some tomato sauce and ground pepper and throw it in the microwave.

I also eat sweet with truvia drops, cacao nibs, and crumbled up protein bar or a bit of cereal. You can also do a few spoonfuls of canned pumpkin and pie spice with cashew or almond flour mixed in with part of it for the taste of crust.
  • CrystalQ222
    CrystalQ222 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds gross but it is really good. It is not a meal but a snack...Cottage cheese with a small amount of ketchup and pepper....Its soooo good :-)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Did I reply to this already? Hmmmm....

Lots of great ideas that I never thought of. I like it with:

Dried edamame
    Sunflower Seeds
    Diced cucumbers and Dill (fresh or dried)
  • Sarah27Viney
    Sarah27Viney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    pile on top of marmite rice cakes with slices of cherry tomato on top ......delicous
  • tinks_13
    tinks_13 Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm not sure about meals but I have mine with breadsticks, it's awesome, makes a great snack :) x
  • foss44
    foss44 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1 container cottage cheese, packet sugar free jello any flavor, and whip cream yummy dessert.
  • Noc6285
    Noc6285 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Cup of cottage cheese, scoop of whey (flavor choice), 1oz of walnuts
    Mix, place in freezer for 20 mins

Great bedtime snack as the protein is mostly casein, which is slow digesting!
  • tulip_in_a_cup
    tulip_in_a_cup Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs...
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Not very creative, but topped with a nice ripe tomato and salt & pepper it makes a perfect lunch for me!
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Marmite rice cakes? those sound wonderful! I love marmite.