Short or long hair?

Options

Replies

• Y2KBABE
    Y2KBABE Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    < going through a crisis over hair so this is interesting reading.

I spent my life in long curly hair, until I got to 40 and I believed that women over 40 shouldn't have long hair, its just looks ...... well "child like", IN MY OPINION, like they are hankering for a youth thats gone (IMO) so I got it cut.. SHORT, very short, the type of short that takes 5 mins in the gym ... easy :)

The response..everyone loves the short hair, expect my best friend of 30 years, a good friend of 15 years and my Mum.

And now 90% of this thread say long a woman... I'll ask the people who said that, does it matter on age ? Or should I just grow my curls back *slump*
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Women should like men with shaved heads. Just sayin'. ;)
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    If you can rock short hair go for it... but for me it's long. I want mine past my *kitten*!!! :smile:
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

I spent my life in long curly hair, until I got to 40 and I believed that women over 40 shouldn't have long hair, its just looks ...... well "child like", IN MY OPINION, like they are hankering for a youth thats gone (IMO) so I got it cut.. SHORT, very short, the type of short that takes 5 mins in the gym ... easy :)

The response..everyone loves the short hair, expect my best friend of 30 years, a good friend of 15 years and my Mum.

And now 90% of this thread say long a woman... I'll ask the people who said that, does it matter on age ? Or should I just grow my curls back *slump*

You should just do what makes you comfortable and happy.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    as far as hair goes...

my favorite is something like Jennifer Aniston's when her hair is just a touch "messy"
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options

You shouldn't base decisions about your hair on what strangers on the internet think about it. If you love your hair, then that's all that matters!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    On men... short or shaved...

I myself have naturally curly/wavy long hair down to my waist.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    curls, doesn't matter short or long

I haz them!
  • TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    Options
    Women's heads: Long
    Women's legs, armpits, backs, and most other areas: None
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Ya know what's fun with short hair? Different styles. I've probably had 10+ different styles in the last few years (including a very short pixie). With long hair you have long, one length, long with layers, long with bangs, and 'um, that's pretty much it, well except you still get pony tails and stuff too. Honestly I like variety. I like to change my hair often. Its been a bunch of different lengths and even colors. If I kept it long just because "men like it" I would get very bored with it. It's like an attached accessory. Would you wear the same necklace your entire life? The same purse? Same earrings?

Oh, but the number of styles you can do with long hair! You could change it up every day. I don't envy every woman with long hair. I envy the women with long hair who have the talent to style it. I tried. I tried so hard. I was never meant to be a hair stylist.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    Options

If you like your hair long, grow it long! Where/when did this idea that older women shouldn't have long hair originate? I know a woman who said she was too old for her long hair and chopped almost all of it off. She regretted it. Don't worry about what everyone else says. We're all here just giving our opinions. You have your own opinion and should go by what you prefer.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Pictures? Honestly, would love to see :)

I really like short hair on women, but do what makes you happy!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    9e0bf1d02810a0987c1e7c0185d64154.jpg

Long hair has no expiration date :)
  • JenCary123
    JenCary123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • 19TaraLynn84
    Options
    That's gorgeous! ^^^

(The long gray hair)
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    9e0bf1d02810a0987c1e7c0185d64154.jpg

Long hair has no expiration date :)
    I'm hoping to have this in a few years! It's beautiful!! :)
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I love long hair. Mine goes to my lower back. On a man short to medium usually. I don't mind shaggy hair. No crew cuts. Sorry. :)
  • JnK619
    JnK619 Posts: 320
    Options
    Bald men. :heart:

:flowerforyou:
  • JnK619
    JnK619 Posts: 320
    Options
    I like shaved heads :love:

And one for you too:flowerforyou:
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I like men with either a nice hair cut, military hair cut or bald. Don't like long hair on men. Facial hair is a plus. Extra points for chest hair ;-)