Shaun T- FOCUS T25....success stories??

Options

Replies

• ames341
    ames341 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting today too. Excited to see so many success stories and so many just starting out! Hope we can cheer each other on!
  • leholcomb
    leholcomb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am very interested in starting T25. First off, what is the difference in Alpha, Beta, Gamma and how long does it take to complete each program? I only want to purchase the DVDs and not the entire collection with band and such.
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I am very interested in starting T25. First off, what is the difference in Alpha, Beta, Gamma and how long does it take to complete each program? I only want to purchase the DVDs and not the entire collection with band and such.

Alpha and Beta are each five weeks. Gamma is sold separately and is four weeks. The idea is that Alpha is your "foundation" stage where you learn the moves and start getting accustomed to the workouts. Beta takes it up a notch, the workouts are a little more intense (but not crazily so) and you start working with dumbbells for strength. I haven't gotten to Gamma yet, but I've done most of the Gamma phase workouts and they're centered around strength training.
  • jobell2355
    jobell2355 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I started today too. Would love some new friends to take this journey with me.
  • ScottishBloke
    Options
    I've started it this week. I love the cardio workout, and the speed 1.0. The floor-based workouts I enjoy less, but you definitely feel them working your muscles.

It's expensive, but it is very good quality.
  • MsTK
    MsTK Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Started T25 on Wednesday! Barely making it, but loving the work out! I love that they have a modifier too Tania, who I follow at the moment.
    Also changed my eating habits this week and got a jawbone to track my daily activity.
    REALLY STOKED to be doing this! Very determined to not get back to where I am at the moment. I have mini goals of losing increments of 5lbs, 10lbs. Goal of ultimately losing 40 - 50lbs.
  • LaChinaDoll
    LaChinaDoll Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just did my 10 week results: 14.75 inches lost and about 5-7lbs
  • lightmouse
    lightmouse Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Two weeks until Gamma :-) really excited. I'm going to do Insanity again afterwards just to see if I've improved from my last fit test (I went into T25 about two weeks after finishing Insanity)

I love Shaun T, he's changed my body in ways running never did. Stick with it everyone :-)
  • seejaywow
    Options
    Started T25 on Friday evening, so I am 3 workouts in (Alpha). Pretty impressed with how I am looking so far, already starting to see the outline of my abs and my lower torso is already tightening up. I am eating a lot better too, which I am adamant is going to be half the battle. No processed food, no fizzy drinks, no alcohol. Lot's of fruit, veg, lean meats/fish, brown rice, porridge

It's funny because I did the first workout Friday night (Alpha) and felt pretty good but the last two have killed me. I've put everything into it, my calves are shot! Looking forward to tonight's workout (Alpha number 4), it's only 25 minutes remember!!!!!!!

:)
  • lezerlies
    lezerlies Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in my second week of Beta. I have to say, I like Beta a lot more than Alpha (mostly because there's more strength training involved). I've lost 6 pounds and about 1.5 inches. I'm not sure about the previous poster saying he saw all those physical changes after three 25 minute workouts though, I'm not sure that physically possible. I'm guessing he's just sore. ;) The body doesn't change THAT quickly. It's a great program though, although I've found the results are a little slower coming than when I did Insanity, which is to be expected since the workouts are half as long! Perfect for someone like me who has to work out first thing in the morning before getting ready for work.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Gamma and I'm excited to get it end of the week. I plan to mix it up with Beta and I like that he does strength more (one dvd says you don't drop the weights) I don't just do T25, but love how you can do 25 or 50 minutes depending on your day. I need a bit more cardio at my age, but it packs a punch for 25 minutes. (much better than 30DS for me)

Tony Horton was saying in an interview, true lasting results take time, no quick fixes, you might lose water weight right away, see some definition that was hidden before, but you have to stick with something and eat well to see lasting results. I agree, doesn't have to be one program, but just do something for your heart and muscles as often as you can.

I found the base kit for 65 on Ebay and Gamma for 45.
  • 50in60
    50in60 Posts: 1
    Options
    It works, most of these exercise programs work if followed and combined with a diet. I've found it's just a matter of finding what works for you, what keeps you from being bored so you keep at it, what is ok on your joints, etc.

I'm 42 and have 50 pounds to lose. I did Shaun T's Dance Party last year combined with an hour on the treadmill (walking) plus diet. Lost 30 lbs in about 5 weeks and it was pretty easy, but I stopped in the fall and ended up gaining it all back + 20 in about 6 months (I'm big time emotional eater).. Just wasn't motivated to work out anymore. Tried to get into the Insanity workout, but that was just too tough and hard to motivate myself to do each day.

I'm over 200 and have never weighed this much in my life. Do NOT like how it feels emotionally or physically. My mom gave me a bottle of Garcinia Cambogia. She read it was a natural weight loss extract and she had lost weight on it. I tried it and lost 5 lbs in first week. That motivated me enough to start working out again. I get mine from HealthyBastards.com because it's made in the USA and you get more pills per bottle and more mg per pill then other brands I compared.

For exercise program, was debating between T25 and Jillian Michaels Weight Loss Revolution. Went with T25 because I did have success with Shaun T's other program. Comparing this with his others, this is only 25 minutes--the first 10 minutes go fast. There is always a timer on the screen and it does motivate you. You think, if I just get through the next 15, 10, 3 minutes I'm done for the day. There is a person who does a low impact modified version of exercises, so it's joint friendly (I have knee and wrist issues). And the moves are easy to pick up. It's easier than Insanity, not as drawn out and long as Dance Party. But Dance Party is fun lol. I LOVE this workout so far and it's working. BUT I'm also still on the Garcinia and I think the two together really make a difference.
  • danswanky
    Options
    In my experience people who do home workouts spend most of their time in a roller coaster state of self loathing because of their inability to handle the insecurities that all people face rather than making a lifestyle choice for healthy exercise and diet. People selling exercise programs do not look the way do because of a 25 minute infomercial workout. It is from dedication to a strict diet strength/cardio training and chemical enhancement. If it were easy then we would not live in a country of dough balls. I am sorry that it must be put so bluntly but it has to be said.
  • lightmouse
    lightmouse Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    In my experience people who do home workouts spend most of their time in a roller coaster state of self loathing because of their inability to handle the insecurities that all people face rather than making a lifestyle choice for healthy exercise and diet. People selling exercise programs do not look the way do because of a 25 minute infomercial workout. It is from dedication to a strict diet strength/cardio training and chemical enhancement. If it were easy then we would not live in a country of dough balls. I am sorry that it must be put so bluntly but it has to be said.

I don't agree with this I'm afraid. Maybe in some cases you are right but this does not apply to all of us who buy home workouts. I have been running for years, but I am now a runner that has recently decided to mix up my workouts. Unfortunately there is no gym near my house (plenty of beautiful places to run and cycle though :smile: ). I bought Insanity for the challenge, loved it, and then bought T25 Gamma for an easy to follow strength training program that I can do at home. I didn't buy them because I thought they'd make me look as incredible as the people on the screen! Both programs have had a positive effect on my body though, and have also made me a faster runner which was a nice bonus :love:
  • AliGilbreath
    AliGilbreath Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    After 10 weeks of T25, I lost a total weight of 11lbs, I went down 1 pant size. I am very happy with the results. I am actually doing a second round and I am in the 1st week of that. I am doing a mixture of alpha and beta with no modifier. I have gone to gym's in the past and have NEVER lasted as long, or had results this good, at home workouts get a bad rap, but for this busy working mama, it's just what I needed to jump start my healthy lifestyle.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I ran most of my 40's at that time I had to lose about 25lbs, had a free gym membership, did weights there, but loved being outdoors. FF 10 years, a bum knee and menopause, longer hours at job, put 50 lbs on. Never was I this big. I always hated home DVD's but Jillians caught my eye and the 20 minutes and I started, that led to more and more and it fit my later night work schedule.
    I was able to cut the time to the gym, not worry what I wore, where to put my things, and spend more time with my kids.
    I lost the 50 doing DVD's with some walk/jogging in the warmer months this past year and fit into clothes when I was running were a big snug.
    I will never think one thing is better than the other, it is whatever works for you. During this horrid winter T 25 and a few others helped me keep in shape while the pavements were covered in ice/snow. For that I am very grateful.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

What the what?!!? I'm gonna assume you have very limited experience with people who workout at home. I have been working out at home for over 2 years with DVDS including T25. (even got the t-shirt). Self loathing? Don't think so. Insecurities? Not that either. Mine was a total lifestyle change that I continue to this day. No strict diet, no chemical enhancements. Dedication to a strict cardio/strengh training? Damn right, because when I' done, I feel AMAZING. No, it wasn't easy (in the beginning), but I made the effort, now it is part of my life.

BTW, I workout at home because of convenience.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Love your abs!! I hope i'll get them someday- I''ve been doing Insanity and T25 on and off.
  • Tpope66
    Tpope66 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 5 and really enjoy the program. It is surprising how much work you get done in 25 minutes but it is worth purchasing and doing. Time really does go by quickly.
  • jenniekw
    jenniekw Posts: 104
    Options
    Inches are great, give me inches any day...lol I have been on a plateau for 2 years now and can't get the last 20 pounds off so hoping this will do it. Good Job Everyone!