Ever wonder if the picture people post are really them?

Options

Replies

• j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Its hard waiting around for someone to randomly take a good picture of you to use.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Catfish_Stu.png

No, I generally don't wonder.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I'm me. There's nobody else that I'd rather be!
  • I_love_to_ride
    Options
    Mine is me after a bike ride last summer. :)
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    The photo is real...

..ly me taking it anyways
    Those are not my lips. :))

It seems that privacy concerns are big nowadays.

My weight is probably the most intimate and shameful thing I deal with. But I personally worry that you can google me and find out the most intimate details of my life.

I want the support but I also want to be anonymous.
    ^ I agree, and Ive had a problem people believing I am what I show them before anyways, so I'm not in any of my pics...just the photographer.
  • HannahInHawaii
    HannahInHawaii Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Totally me. :happy:
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    <
    a cake that I made.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at all the photos of beautiful pictures and wonder.....why are they the ones who have so many friends? I have chosen to not post a great picture because I am to afraid that is how I will be judged. Am I the only one that wonders that question?

I don't want to be judged, but even more important is I believe in privacy.

Since you've raised this, I don't understand the couple (guy and gal) photos, although I assume the member is usually the woman.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Normally I post a picture of myself. I've done so since the very beginning. Right now, I'm using a pic I got of Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) because I think she's awesome and I got her autograph today!
  • TheSkinnyOnSammieJ
    Options
    One of the guys on my friend list was using pictures of someone else.. He was from Wyoming.. It was only by chance that the guy who's pics he was using popped up on Aussie television via a dating show that I found out he was a phoney.. He was trolling these forums getting sympathy because he got stood up on a date..and when I called him out on his lie and provided the websites and fb pages where the pics originated from I was promptly deleted from his list. No doubt there are many more on here that are living a flat out lie.
  • angelsom
    angelsom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That was exactly my point. If I posted a nice photo then I get creepy dudes requesting friend ship. I have been married 18 years and I would never disrespect my husband and friend another man.
  • TheSkinnyOnSammieJ
    Options
    I don't think friending someone of the opposite sex means that you are disrespecting your spouse.. Do you have just all female friends in real life.
  • jos3php
    jos3php Posts: 38
    Options
    Hah, I look so different in all of my pictures. They are actually of me, though. I never really thought of others being fake. *Starts looking around*
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    That was exactly my point. If I posted a nice photo then I get creepy dudes requesting friend ship. I have been married 18 years and I would never disrespect my husband and friend another man.

I've been married almost 22 years, and had been dating my husband for years before that... I have several male friends here on MFP, and even more in the real world.

It's not disrespect. It's called *trust.*

And yes, I occasionally post pics of myself with my husband, sometimes just me, and occasionally something totally oddball. Never got any "creepy dudes" requesting to be friends. Should I be sad at this? :frown:
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,088 Member
    Options
    <
    a cake that I made.

That is one fantastic cake!! :happy:

oops, I didn't mean my pudding avatar I meant person who I am quoting.
  • apieceofenergy
    Options
    Originally mine was chibi cthulu, but I figured I needed to put my face on my profile and it didn't really matter since I've been posting my YT videos about my weight loss to my status for friends to see. That and I have a unified online identity haha
  • webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    *checks mirror...compares to avatar*

Yup, it's me!
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    its all meeee!
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    This is me. Stem and all.
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    This is me(cartoon version) in five years.