Are you a hugger?

ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,486 Member
My family hugs all the time so in most cases yes. If it's someone I don't know, of course no, but acquaintance's I've known well or for awhile, I'll give them a hug when saying hi. If it's a dude, it's the "man hug".

How bout everyone else?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Replies

• sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    I'm a hugger w/ the wimmenz and bros.

firm hand-shaker w/ acquaintances
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    ill only hug you if you are my mom , sister

or if at some point in my life we have been in an intimate relationship which means I am comfortable/use to having you touch me

otherwise everyone can stay out of my bubble
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Yes.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Nope I am very prickly. I don't like to be touched!
  • HuggyBeahr
    HuggyBeahr Posts: 259
    No, as paradoxical as this may seem, I love to be close to people and get upset when others get hugs and I don't, But I do not like when people are too close to me, like arms length is too close. I notice that I wince when hugged.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    adding more to the paradox.. your name is huggybeahr
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    ill only hug you if you are my mom , sister

or if at some point in my life we have been in an intimate relationship which means I am comfortable/use to having you touch me

otherwise everyone can stay out of my bubble

+1
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Nope. Hate it!! No hugs and very little cuddles!
    I'm a grump, I don't like anyone in my bubble!
    My husband hates it... The only time I like to cuddle is when I'm sad, sick or if I wake up from a nightmare.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    I hug my kid constantly, but not anyone else much.
  • HuggyBeahr
    HuggyBeahr Posts: 259
    adding more to the paradox.. your name is huggybeahr

IKR!!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Nope I am very prickly. I don't like to be touched!

oooo prickly that is good
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    With the right person, yes, but generally I'm not a hugger at all.

I'll hug my boyfriend, lots. I have no issues with that. I'll also hug my Mum, but while we get on well, we're not super close. I wouldn't go and automatically hug her if I was upset for example, it's more just in greetings.

Friends I don't initiate hugs for, some of my friends do, and I wouldn't say I'm uncomfortable with it because they're my friend's, but I wouldn't choose to do it myself. I'm the sort of person who if I have a friend who's upset about something, I'll be the one standing/sitting there trying to make them feel better more with words, but feeling awkward/like a crap friend because I'm really not very good at comforting and physical affection (aside from the bf) I do care, greatly, and I hope they realise that even if it doesn't come across well.
  • hbk991
    hbk991 Posts: 192 Member
    In my family all hug each other even to say hi and bye. and among brothers, sisters and parents we say hi and bye with a kiss in the cheek.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Not usually, but I can be. Very rare though.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    No. Hugging anyone except my husband and children makes me uncomfortable. I don't even hug my siblings or father (which I know is weird).
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Not really, they weird me out a little. If you're family/really close friends I'll hug you, but random hugs are strange.
  • TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    I'm a pick you up and squeeze you hugger... Its just how I roll.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Absolutely! I am an extremely touchy/ feely, affectionate person. My entire family is like that. However, I try to be respectful of others who aren't comfortable with it.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    No; hugs are awkward for me. I value my personal space, and hugs definitely serve as an extreme intrusion of said space. I don't even hug my family (with the exception of my mom..of course) . For everyone else, a simple "hello" normally will suffice lol
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    I want to be a hugger because I like it so much when other people are...but no, I do not ever feel comfortable entering someone else's space. I'm not even a "pat you on the shoulder-er" much less a hugger.