Let Your Geek Flag Fly

Options

Replies

• Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I listen to NPR and CBC podcasts while I work out

When I worked, I used to listed to NPR during my twenty min drive. It always surprised me how much actual news I'd get during the short time.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    what is even considered to be geeky/nerdy anyway?

I am 25 & own 14 barbie movies does that make me a geek or just weird?
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Geek on so many levels Startrek, starwars, big bang theory, quantum leap, red dwarf, supernatural, marvel to name a few. I work in software development.. Ran various Linux distros over the years..

As for difference between geek and nerd. Geek is a nerd with social skills.

Russ
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    when I write codes and queries, I cross my fingers and pray that they work and hope that I won't have to check the log file!... oh wait... that's some dunce *kitten* ****!
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Going to the midnight release of Titanfall. Anyone else?
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    Options
    I read this as Greek. Lmaooo. And with that I'm out. :smile:
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Spent 3 hours in the tattoo chair reading X-Force and Wolverine: Enemy of the State on my phone.

Proud papa watching my 5 year old daughter in the Jedi Training at Disney (Darth Maul didn't stand a chance)

Owner of way too many Star Wars/Tolkien based Lego sets
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm a geneticist. But we're probably not talking about that kind of geek here are we?
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything.

I'm insanely in love with One Piece, I'm currently playing Diablo 3 while currently teaching myself Japanese (話します!) I am a trekkie (The Next Generation please!) & a Star Wars fan. (who thought you could be both at the same time?) I've been gaming since I could form sentences. I also love playing Pathfinder & Magic the Gathering. I own every gaming system except for an Xbox One (not going to own one, either). Aaand I'm even nerdier by default due to my significant other being a Linux Sys Admin!

Sooo. Yay! lol
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    WOW player (Alliance) for 7 years now. Lover of Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter AND any and all musicals! Still play HeroQuest (the boardgame) and have been writing quests for years for my extended family - yes we sometimes dress the part - no I am not ashamed.

Also a fan of Elvis and playing the Sims - and I am 34.
  • mudknuckles
    mudknuckles Posts: 1,417 Member
    Options
    EVE online griefer.
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    simpsons-nerd.gif
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm a girly geek who found her man-geek and is going to marry him!

Doctor Who, Star Trek, old Atari games, RPGs for me, strategy and puzzles for him, conventions galore, met shed loads of actors from SciFi and cult classics, Buffy and Angel, Firefly, original Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5 (sorry Sheldon), Stargate,
    Big Bang Theory, Tales of the Unexpected, Outer Limits, XFiles, Avengers, Warhammer 40,000, and LotR
    Recreational maths, documentaries on physics and astronomy, Christmas lectures, and Horizon.

....and I look a bit like Amy Farrah-Fowler.....:laugh:
  • Be4stm0de
    Be4stm0de Posts: 103
    Options
    Going to the midnight release of Titanfall. Anyone else?

No but I was at the Midnight release of the PS4
  • NellyJica
    NellyJica Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I guess i'm pretty geeky/nerdy.. I like RPG video games, anime (too many to count, favorite is Naruto), anime OSTs,voice actors, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Harry Potter, LOTR, fantasy/scifi stuff...um....just take my word for it...I'm drawing a blank of all the things...but yes, add me as a friend if you're a fellow overweight/obese geek that wants to have some geeky motivation through your weight-loss journey...I know i DO! Add me ^v^
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I was big into the Zelda games. Took me 84 hours to finish one game. I just don't have the time for that anymore.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I actually like reading my textbooks. 'Nuff said.
  • frankmochrie
    frankmochrie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I post on message boards...:happy:

57895803.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    EVE online griefer.

<< EvE online mission runner, even more geeky

Also currently learning Joomla to build a website - uber geeky
    And for bonus point's has a Raspberry Pi project on the go as well.
  • acoons1990
    Options
    Ah... you are my people.

I love Doctor Who, Sherlock, The IT Crowd, Supernatural, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Star Trek, etc. I'm a proud Harry Potter addict. I'm solely a PC gamer, and I play WoW, L4D2, and Skyrim- though Skyrim currently holds my heart and is literally all that I play. (A Dovahkiin's work is never done...)

I'm engaged to the 4 time state champion of Tennessee for Pokemon cards. He has taught almost everyone in my immediate family to play Pokemon, and now we love it, too.

I'm a high school math teacher. I do Calculus for fun.

Nerdy enough for this board? ;P lol