40lbs v Sugar!!

Options

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    ****** You know what people you've seriously upset me and I really daren't even read the comments now so I'm going to delete my account and forget it - you win! Thanks for your support! *****

I really wish people would learn to keep an open mind, listen, and think critically rather than coming in here with their minds made up about some fad that they are convinced is the solution to all their weight loss and health problems. It's a discussion forum, FFS, not everyone is going to agree though there are plenty of correct answers to many of the basic questions people pose, and plenty of wrong ones too.

funny-gif-Steve-Carell-laughing.gif

I knew you would try to take issue with this, but you see, that "think critically" part is, in a word, critical. You have demonstrated again and again to be incapable of it.

ETA: keep trying to get your gif posted. You'll succeed eventually. :flowerforyou:

:laugh: Thanks I thought that was a particular good gif.

I certainly did take issue with your statement as IMHO most of the OP's (particularly the newbies do not have a narrow minds) they have an idea of a way of doing something and post their thread because they are looking for more information and yes sometimes affirmation.

I find that it is the handful of regular faces (and I'll include yourself and myself with this) that have the narrowest of minds, you have your idea of what works and what doesn't and you can call upon you bias studies to cement your unmoveable believe and I likewise.

Although I have U-turned as I once shared your opinion. :drinker:

LOL, wut? :laugh: :noway:

????
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    ****** You know what people you've seriously upset me and I really daren't even read the comments now so I'm going to delete my account and forget it - you win! Thanks for your support! *****

I really wish people would learn to keep an open mind, listen, and think critically rather than coming in here with their minds made up about some fad that they are convinced is the solution to all their weight loss and health problems. It's a discussion forum, FFS, not everyone is going to agree though there are plenty of correct answers to many of the basic questions people pose, and plenty of wrong ones too.

funny-gif-Steve-Carell-laughing.gif

I knew you would try to take issue with this, but you see, that "think critically" part is, in a word, critical. You have demonstrated again and again to be incapable of it.

ETA: keep trying to get your gif posted. You'll succeed eventually. :flowerforyou:

:laugh: Thanks I thought that was a particular good gif.

I certainly did take issue with your statement as IMHO most of the OP's (particularly the newbies do not have a narrow minds) they have an idea of a way of doing something and post their thread because they are looking for more information and yes sometimes affirmation.

I find that it is the handful of regular faces (and I'll include yourself and myself with this) that have the narrowest of minds, you have your idea of what works and what doesn't and you can call upon you bias studies to cement your unmoveable believe and I likewise.

Although I have U-turned as I once shared your opinion. :drinker:

LOL, wut? :laugh: :noway:

????

Gif problems again? Keep trying! :flowerforyou:
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    No it's okay I know they upset you.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

And quote problems too. :laugh:

I think you're misinterpreting my utter amusement with you with upset. :flowerforyou:
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

And quote problems too. :laugh:

I think you're misinterpreting my utter amusement with you with upset. :flowerforyou:

:laugh: - uncontrollable (I really didn't think I'd got your goat that much).
  • Size8Susie
    Options
    Why have you made this topic so many times? I now don't like you.

I didn't realise everyone read EXACTLY the same forums so do apologise however with regards to you not liking me quite frankly I think if you haven't got anything constructive to say you should grow up. I though people on here were meant to be mature and polite!!

It's called "recent topics" you fool.

And don't tell me to "grow up" when you're the one behaving like a child. Giving up sugar is nearly as ridiculous as raspberry ketones. I suggest you read about the human body and the requirement of sugar rather than silly books on fad diets.

To comment quote 'I now don't like you' is I believe a nasty comment made by yourself, you do not know me and if anything that was a very ignorant and CHILDISH comment to make so grow up!
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options

I didn't realise everyone read EXACTLY the same forums so do apologise however with regards to you not liking me quite frankly I think if you haven't got anything constructive to say you should grow up. I though people on here were meant to be mature and polite!!

Hi,

You may find this article of interest - It's not as crazy as people would like to believe.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/mar/14/life-without-sugar-family-challenge-diet?CMP=fb_gu

I found this article very interesting^^ thank you for posting it. I felt amazing at about the two week mark as well. I have gradually added a bit more sugar into my diet (whole grain breads, jelly, things of that nature) but for the most part I try to keep it to minimum. It is 100% true though that those first couple of weeks are so brutal.
  • Size8Susie
    Options
    Thanks Lorin and all those who have been supportive it's most appreciated as I have been upset with the 'tone' of some of the messages.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Not trying to come down on you, but quitting really isn't the answer and it can be used as an excuse. You have options, like staying off the forums. But if you want to quit, then that's something you do because you decide to do. no one can make you feel or do anything on the internet.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Truly, sugar is not the problem. it's the amount of unnecessary sugar you consume.

I see previous notes where "all sugar is the same" Common sense says that an apple is not as bad as a 3-tier cake with gobs of icing. Compare the two; see the difference

But you don't know me, and you don't know my qualifications. If you are dieting under a doctor's care, ask for a referral to a nutritionist and pose your question to them.

More people than not hurt themselves by making uninformed decisions

I have lost over 30 lbs and I have a sugar issue, but I am getting there by making intelligent decisions on a moderation diet
    Either way, good luck

Yes - I see the difference. The biggest one is the amount of calories between the two. :tongue:

OP.

Limit the sugar from non-nutrient dense foods if you need to in order to hit your calories/macros/micros. If they are a trigger, you may want to eliminate until they are not. Keep the nutrient dense foods in your diet. Eat to a reasonable caloric deficit, set and hit your macros that are appropriate to you. Be patient.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

And don't tell me to "grow up" when you're the one behaving like a child. Giving up sugar is nearly as ridiculous as raspberry ketones. I suggest you read about the human body and the requirement of sugar rather than silly books on fad diets.

Wow panties in a bunch..I think you need to calm the heck down

It is against the ToS of the forums to attack or otherwise insult another user.

Be prepared.
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    to read later...
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    In to read later... hoping his thread doesn't get taken down. *saves popcorn for tomorrow night*
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options

That just sounds childish and silly to me.

It is not a competition - no-one is winning if you quit and the only one to lose would be you.

Maybe the forums are not for you - that's not a snarky comment, just an observation. The forums are a tool and not all tools work for everyone.
    Of course you can still do MFP without using the forums and many people do so.
    Or you can use another sensible weight loss system such as WW.

But just quitting weight loss altogether in a tantrum - that's not making anybody win, least of all yourself.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lorin and all those who have been supportive it's most appreciated as I have been upset with the 'tone' of some of the messages.
    It also may be perception. People may be reading opposing posts as "offensive" and may think the person is shouting or demeaning them. Try reading it in a monotone and very open minded setting. Lots of times it's how it's perceived and not actually rude.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sue_langley
    sue_langley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I too am trying,no white sugar and little fruit. I read that the body doesn't require much sugar in a day, only 5 grams. I was surprised at the amount of sugar in many sweet vegetables, so I would say if you don't want fruit you will probably get what you need from vegetables. I also use vegasport protein that has natural sugars in it too,
  • metrabolic
    metrabolic Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I quit sugar about 3 months ago.. Never felt better. I eat no refined sugar, no honey not artificial sugar. I do eat a little fruit but avoid high sugar fruits and stick to mostly berries. It gets easier. Don't let anyone get in your way. Sugar is not anyones friend. I causes all kinds of crazy things in your body. BTW I eat no more then 20 grams of sugar a day.
  • sue_langley
    sue_langley Posts: 63 Member
    Options

I read that in some people, too much sugar triggers anger : ). forgive them : )
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Wow panties in a bunch..I think you need to calm the heck down

It is against the ToS of the forums to attack or otherwise insult another user.

Be prepared.
    Meh, it's also against the ToS to post the same topic in multiple forums.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

I read that in some people, too much sugar triggers anger : ). forgive them : )

or too little.....

I know it would make me hangry.