What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    what the heck? some of these look wonderful and healthy. others are just plain fattening and even greasy looking. Yuck.

Some people can fit 'fattening, greasy looking yuck' food into their calorie allowence. Its not fattening unless it's over your maintenance calories.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Geesh, hope my meals meet up to the "healthy" standard

Sour cream & chives rice thins with smoked salmon & salad (rice thins softened after I left them for a bit so they were more like sandwiches and didn't crumble as I ate them)
    IMG_20140318_081942.jpg

No fat Jalna yogurt (at 52 cals per 100 g it's even lower than Chobani which is 72 cals per 100 g) with peaches and dried fruit
    IMG_20140318_070705.jpg

Lunch of protein soup, rice cakes and salmon snack box at uni
    IMG_20140317_121041.jpg
  • kathynavarro2014
    kathynavarro2014 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Black pepper crusted corned beef and seared baked cabbage drizzled with a balsamic reduction ~ Happy St. Patrick's Day!

IMG_8349.jpg

And a green Corona Light 'cuz it's all I have :drinker:
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Agd1Bn5.jpg
    Protein rice pudding with blueberries and bananas topped with cinnamon and honey.

DzRVHO3.jpg
    Frittatas topped with...
    iScgAxg.jpg
    ... Oh, God, yes. That's what it looks like: Bacon Jam

ft3XiMM.jpg
    zgwHrrZ.jpg
    Bro meal of peace. Salmon fillet (my favourite meal of all time), brocolli, carrot, brown rice.

I'm on a brown rice craze lately. It's just got this really nutty consistency I've been digging lately.

Can I hire you to cook for me? lol
  • CrystalQ222
    CrystalQ222 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    :noway: Bacon Jam
    Agreed. I feel sometimes like I am the only one who doesn't like bacon :embarassed:

I don't like bacon either :laugh:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    No fat Jalna yogurt (at 52 cals per 100 g it's even lower than Chobani which is 72 cals per 100 g)

How does it compare in protein?
  • gosustu
    gosustu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    GjAnoob.jpg

3 Leaves of Romaine wrapped with Honey Roasted Turkey and American Cheese
    1 Bowl of Tinned Salmon with Malt Vinegar
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Dinner, salmon with beans and corn

0BTMGxN.jpg
  • Lobnakhaled
    Lobnakhaled Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    image_zps2fd54e9e.jpg
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Annette, that looks great. I love grilled salmon.
  • 1956jimbob
    Options
    Turkey Farmer Sausage with eggs on Costco - 9 Grain Ciabatta Bun
    Texas Ruby Red Grapefruit and a Banana

How do you upload Pictures?????:sad:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-dTf7Tj4yDFI/UyiySOypLpI/AAAAAAAAIxY/GaiJYnx67sI/s219-p/IMG_20140318_055041.jpg
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hopefully this is a wonderful and healthy looking meal

Corned beef + ground beef patty, smoked cheddar stout sauce, corned beef hash, poached egg

IMG_20140318_182259.jpg
    IMG_20140318_182430.jpg
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    what the heck? some of these look wonderful and healthy. others are just plain fattening and even greasy looking. Yuck.

Some people can fit 'fattening, greasy looking yuck' food into their calorie allowence. Its not fattening unless it's over your maintenance calories.

and some people DGAF when they are on holidays walking 20km a day etc.

and some people actually need to "gain" weight. OMG!

p.s no one meal is fattening. (well maybe my five plates at the buffet (but I had been snowboarding for 6 hours prior so still maybe not :tongue:)
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hopefully this is a wonderful and healthy looking meal

Corned beef + ground beef patty, smoked cheddar stout sauce, corned beef hash, poached egg

This is my perfect sandwich.
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options

p.s no one meal is fattening. (well maybe my five plates at the buffet (but I had been snowboarding for 6 hours prior so still maybe not :tongue:)

You don't need to defend yourself. Not everyone needs to eat house salads with dressing on the side everyday to know they're being healthy. Your pictures all look delicious! My brother was in Japan recently and brought back so many weird flavours of kitkat. They were all really good, actually.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    IMG_20140319_174534.jpg
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options

AMEN to this!! Keep them coming!! :tongue: :tongue: *drool*
  • kroonha
    kroonha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Here's a bunch of recents pulled off my instagram...
    Ia5EAnr.png
    Glazed chicken & couscous salad.

wQBkj06.png
    Salad with chicken, veggies and mozzarella balls.

NbIzGyB.png
    Low fat feta salad.

iLR0mVT.png
    Goat cheese salad with strawberries and grilled pear. (I really, really like salads...)

HbYcuYM.png
    Smoked salmon & poached eggs - had this in a cafe but have replicated it myself since.

QCClOEf.png
    Fluffy pancakes with banana.

eaFbgpD.png
    Last night's steak dinner with potato wedges, mushrooms and salad.

LxgHET3.png
    My usual breakfast is Turkish yoghurt with a variation of fruit, seeds and a source of fibre.

ScNfjbb.png
    Another chicken salad & zucchini slices topped with grilled halloumi cheese.
  • lyxanna
    lyxanna Posts: 4
    Options
    How do you cook brown rice in a microwave? I only learned how to cook white rice so far.
  • marian4marian
    marian4marian Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    lol on the Heineken :drinker: