Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--yeah, my 5k times have been hovering around 36 minutes for the past year or so. This is the first real progress I've seen in my pace in a while--I guess the interval training is working. I would love to be at a 6 mph for an entire 5k by Sept.! I know how hard it is to write sub plans--especially for multiple days off. :grumble: I hope you get them done with as little stress as possible, and then enjoy your trip to Vegas! :drinker:

@susan--I had a revelation last night that I have a bachelorette party one weekend in May, but now I can't find the email to figure out which weekend. :grumble: I will find out at work tomorrow. Regardless, I know it is on a Saturday, so I should be available to do some Sunday activities--keep me posted. Oh, and I was born and raised a Northsider--Go Cubbies!!! We do a faculty Cubs trip every summer, but I've never been to one of the rooftop parties. I will also look at my schedule for that Monday to see if a personal day is in order. :wink: Sorry you are feeling so stressed--I've heard exercise is really good for that. :tongue: Shake that funk off, girlie!

@jeannie--I agree with kris (MowMow)--protein and good fats will fill you up! :flowerforyou:

@holly--your story about hiding under the teacher's desk made me LOL!

@tammy--I'm late with this, but love the selfie. I have zero selfie skills. :laugh:

@p1xy--sorry you are sick--feel better! :flowerforyou:

@helena--I don't have any advice for the wedding. I got married a bazillion years ago (actually 16 next week), and was lucky that my parents covered most of it. My Godson and his fiancee are just starting to plan their wedding and are experiencing some sticker shock--it's just so much money! The one tip that I believe still holds true is that any time OTHER THAN a Saturday night, is usually quite a bit cheaper. Good luck with Stronglifts!

@mel--the fact that a "baby sleigh" is a "thing" where you live, makes me feel a bit better about living in Chicago--I had no idea such a device existed, so clearly our weather isn't quite as arctic as I'd imagined.

@nettie--yeah, it took me awhile to get used to the suburban schedule. I grew up in the city, and we never started school until after Labor Day and Spring Break always aligned with Easter. However, my current school starts the 3rd week of August and we are usually done the 1st week of June, so next week is actually better for a break for us. With Easter so late this year, we would have had a really long stretch between Winter and Spring Break if we synched up with Easter.

@rain--glad you had nice visit with your friend!

@hansea--congrats on you and your husband's accomplishments in the challenge--so proud of you! :drinker:

Wednesday Wish:
    I wish it were Friday. :laugh: No, seriously.

March Challenge:
    1. 2/4 weeks--Share a new recipe
    2. 16/31--Eat a veggie/ salad every day.
    3. 19/31--Water goal 12 cups/day

Grading Goals:
    1. 16/16 AP analysis activities DONE
    2. x/70 AP essays

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym (cardio) DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--run outside w/ gunner
    Sun--walk gunner + gym
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy Thursday!

@nettie - I'm right there with you on being tired in the morning. Daylight Savings times is awesome, but it sure messes up my sleep and not just for a day or two.

@mel - It really is hard to stick to our good intentions isn't it? I have been very guilty of beating myself up for my failures in the past. I have made a concentrated effort to extend to myself the same compassion and forgiveness I extend to others. I had a bad day this week. I acknowledged it and then let it go. I've found focusing on my failures makes success much harder. I mean, if I'm worthy of the bad things I think about myself when I fail, how can I possibly be worthy of success?

@jeannieclark - Great goals! I weigh just about what you do (196.8). I have a goal to weigh 175 by 6/13/14 which is the 1 year mark for me. I think that's about 100 days from now (give or take) so I'll be with you on your 100 day journey. Definitely try more protein for the hunger, but I discovered I just had to accept a certain amount of hunger. And I've discovered that most of my "hunger" is far more psychological than physical.

@susan - I'm invoking the right to a Wednesday wish on Thursday if one failed to wish on Wednesday. My Wednesday wish is that you find the balance that lifts you out of your funk. You are an amazing person. Know that there are others that are pulling for you and know that your success is assured.

@skinnyjeanz - Just. What a powerful word and we use it so poorly. We need to banish it from our vocabularies and celebrate EVERY thing we accomplish. Thanks for the post and the reminder that anything we do to improve our health and ourselves is a reason to be proud.

@kaye - Sorry your knees continue to give you trouble. I'm sure it's very frustrating.

@nettie, @susan, @karen, @laurie - Green with envy that you'll all be meeting up in NYC.

AFM - The sun is finally back and the forecast for Saturday is 75! I have a boat load of errands/projects to accomplish this weekend, but I will find time for a long walk with my favorite walking partner (he's shaggy and cute). I'm still sitting 1.8 lbs away from 100 pounds lost. I'm actually (and shockingly) not getting too frustrated by this. I've come to accept that days of the same weight, followed by a quick loss of a pound or two is my new normal. As long as the losses keep coming, I'll be OK.

I wanted to recommend a book I'm reading called The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown. She's a researcher who has written extensively about vulnerability and shame. If you want an idea about her style and ideas, watch her TED talks. I'm only part way through the book, but a lot of it resonates with me.

Have a wonderful day!

Exercise Goals:

Saturday - 3 mile minimum walk DONE
    Sunday - Rest Day DONE
    Monday- Cardio/Weights/Stretch DONE
    Tuesday - Yoga DONE
    Wednesday - Cardio/Weights/Stretch NOT DONE ;(
    Thursday - Pilates
    Friday - Cardio/Weights/Stretch
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    skinnyjeans, the baby sleigh is just a very small sleigh with soft padding in it and sometimes a cover to protect the baby from the cold. I bought one for each daughter as they had their babies at the same time. We've used them from time to time...you can pull the baby through deep snow.

Lives2travel; lately, all I'm full of is 'good intentions'. I'm really trying to make them more than just intentions. I make myself very unhappy over my failures and must stop it. Your advice is right on.

plxynlxy; tomorrow , I'll have the kids for the night, so I really hope that the mud is ok in the park and we can go. I understand how your daughter feels!

Susan; I guess it's not just the kids that need to get out, I feel major 'cabin fever' myself. But, haven't been able to bring myself to go out in the cold if I don't have to. I

Grandmakaye; thanks, it's was hilarious trying to take their picture and get them to sit still, all at one time.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth:
    I have been working so hard to get where I am in regards to my weight loss and fitness goals. I have had some really good days, some ok days and some bad days. I take ownership of my bad days and make an effort to get right back on track. Becoming a healthier person is something I want and will do whatever it takes to get myself there in a healthy way. Something that helps me is the support I receive from everyone in this group as well as the support I receive from my MFP friends. I am eternally grateful for that support and try to give it back whenever I can. But there comes a time when you find yourself supporting and not getting anything back in return. That frustrates me.

This is a time in my life that I want to look back at and have good memories of. I try to surround myself with like minded people who are positive with common interests and/or goals.

Over the weekend I noticed the "Chronic Complainer", the "Weekly Magically Disappearing Friend", and "Miss Negative Net/ Under 500 Calorie a Day" among my friend list and in my feed. I made the decision to remove these types of people from my friends list. Part of me felt a bit judgmental and bad for giving up on these friends. But another part of me felt their drama was bringing me down. :ohwell: Though I was conflicted the best decision for my journey was to cut these people loose.

My journey is a struggle for me and I work hard at it. It is helpful to have positive friends on here. I wanted to thank all of you for being those positive people and lifting me up when I need it most. I cannot express how much your encouragement and cheering me on means to me. So from the bottom of my heart thank you! :flowerforyou:

Some Randomness:

Yesterday I went to the park for a run. I repeated the first week of C25K. It was difficult but I gave it my best. I learned the hard way that I should have dressed a bit warmer and brought gloves with me. It was very windy and cold. When I first arrived I was tempted to go back home and do Gilad instead. But I stuck it out and walked an extra lap after my cool down was complete. My armband for my iPhone arrived yesterday. I am excited to use it when I go out again tomorrow.

When I got home from work last night I grabbed the mail out of the mailbox and noticed our insurance company sent us a check for what they are covering with our plumbing disaster. This weekend Brian and I are going to start going out to look at different flooring types to get an idea of what we would like to get. I am pretty excited to finally be able to move forward with our floors.

We are also going to stop back in at the running store and get Brian fitted for runners. He is going to go with me for a run on Sunday.

Had a NSV at work yesterday. One of my aides asked me how running was going. She then told me she can see a difference in my hips and thighs and that my pants were getting big. It was really nice to get that compliment!

I'll be back later to do personals if I get a chance. I have to get my tush moving and get Gilad in before work. Have a great day!
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    L2T - So close, that is so cool. Thanks for sharing.
    skinny - Love the post on 'just'! So much self talk that is like this as well.
    susan - Good luck on getting out of the funk, you can do it

Going to fill my water right after I post, yesterday I did not fill my water in the morning and somehow it just never got filled. Today i put a Special K2O protein water mix in my water and it is grumbling around in my stomach, he he. Maybe because they are out of date, pass the sell by date. Someone left them on the counter at work; if you leave stuff on the counter it means anyone can have some. I hate it when someone brings bagels and cream cheeses. Cookies often are there too. I bring in extra jalapenos or cherry tomatoes and they go too.

Goals:

A: Under calories 4/7 days
    B: Walk 3/7 days
    C: 8 cups a water 3/7 days

Mon: A
    Tue: C
    Wed: A B
    Thur:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody!

I finally feel better today the antibiotics are finally kicking in. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things.
    Tom- I hope we can get together while I am in Vegas- I am thinking Friday night for the seafood place. Let me know if that is possible for you and Amy.

Laurie and Susan- I can go any of the nights you are here. I was thinking Laurie can get the seafood at home where it comes from rather than out here, maybe we should do Southwest type food or something not available on the east coast. It is up to you two to decide as I will go anywhere. Friday is good for me but Amy has girl scouts that night. She may be able to meet us after her meeting or she may get the other leader to do the meeting.

Karen- I "JUST" had to use todays quote after reading the "JUST" post.:laugh:

“To be happy, drop the words ‘if only’ and substitute instead the words ‘next time’.” ~Smiley Blanton

Tom
  • Jeannieclark84
    Jeannieclark84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    First, I want to share this post--it is from the following blog:

http://fellowflowers.com/the_5k_effect/

Here is the text:

The 5K Effect :: Rise Above the JUST

We’re all guilty of it. We’ve all said it. Whether downplaying our effort or in reaction (mostly awe) to someone else’s, we’ve all slid that unassuming four-letter word into our conversations.

‘Just.’

When a co-worker is talking about training for their marathon, and yours is suddenly ‘just’ training for a 5K. When a friend loses 50 pounds, and your hard-earned loss suddenly becomes ‘just’ a whopping ten. When the treadmill’er next to you is crushing 7-minute miles, and you look down to see your average pace is ‘just’ a 12-minute mile.

You get me, right?

And we (myself included) slip into the mind game of rank-ordering our effort in proportion to the collective mileage, pace and experience of everyone else. We do it in running – we do it in life.

Who am I to celebrate amidst so many who are doing more, going further and working harder than me?

We compare. We analyze. And then, we take the beautiful light from own our story and we shine it on someone else’s.

In conversations with others, we disregard and downplay our effort, even though we literally feel like we’re moving mountains. We hold back our giddy enthusiasm because it feels ‘less than’ somebody else’s. And often, despite an overwhelming sense of pride, we disconnect ourselves from the hard earned and deserving acknowledgement of the journey. And we do it with one little word, a heapful of non-verbals, and usually a spontaneous shoulder shrug…

It’s just a 5K.
    It’s just 10 pounds.
    It’s just a 12-minute mile.
    It’s just a race.

Well, we don’t buy it.

We’ve talked with thousands of women throughout the country. And over the past two years of being amidst some of the most amazing women we have ever met, and hearing the most incredible stories of transformation one could imagine, we’ve noticed a steady undercurrent in the dialogue. Inevitably, while at a race or expo, we’ll talk to a group of excited ladies, and ask them about their races. And we’ll hear this:

Friend 1: I’m doing the full.
    Friend 2: I’m just doing the half.
    Friend 3: Oh, I’m just doing the 5K.

(Now, recall your own conversations. How many times have you heard this? Said this? Witnessed this? Felt this?)

We do this A LOT. And we need to knock it off.

Because let’s be real, transformation doesn’t happen through miles. It happens in the moments.

You took time out of your life – your already busy and chaotic life – for this journey. You said ‘no’ to fun gatherings because of early morning runs. You brought gym shoes with you on the supposed-to-be relaxing vacation. You drank more water, and less wine. You started to look at showers as a waste unless you had sweat at least once – sometimes twice.

You got stronger. You sacrificed – a lot. You pushed through pain and wanted to give up, but didn’t. You committed to something and finally, kept your word. You shifted priorities.

And when it’s all said and done, remember… The finish line doesn’t care how many miles you have ran, how fast you’ve gone or how many people you’ve passed or who may have passed you. It just cares that you arrive – that you finish what you started.

And that journey deserves to be validated.

That is not ‘just’ a 5K. That is JUST amazing, and worth celebrating.

And if we’re being honest, it’s bigger than just running. It’s a collective understanding to change the way we acknowledge and talk about our effort. Our goals and achievements. Our desires and dreams. To be proud of our journey and not measure or compare it to anyone else’s.

You matter. Your journey matters. So, we’re declaring a new rule. (Imagine us with fancy gavels, fashionable robes and neon sneakers.) We hope you’re with us…

:: It’s not JUST a 5K ::
    We need to eliminate the downplaying-usage of this word, from our vocabulary and our way of thinking. The next time you hear somebody – a running partner, colleague, friend, teammate, even your children – minimize the value of their effort by placing the word ‘just’ in front of it, call them on it. Any distance, any pace, any goal. Call them on it.

Be the reminder. Be the validator.

And the next time it rolls off your tongue, correct yourself. Reframe, shift and change the conversation in your head, and with others.

Instead, with a proud smile on your face, try using it this way, “ I JUST did that.”

It just might inspire someone else to do the same.

Flower on…
    Mel

That is so TRUE! We should shout from the top of mountain because when we do things like these they are usually actual mountains we have had to overcome. I ran my first 5K in Milwaukee, Wi last year and when I finished (which was like 7th to last) I cried. I did not cry because I was close to last, I cried because 1 year ago from that date I would not have been able to do that. I post on my facebook anytime I make a faster time on my runs and we should do the same in what ever activity it is that you love. Be proud of all the accomplishments that you achieve! "Be the change in the world you want to see"
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    karen- loved the post on the word "just". Why do we do that to ourselves??

nettie- i wake up tired every morning and hate it

susan- the book i am reading is Breaking Free From Emotional Eating by Geneen Roth

woke up early this morning so went to get my blood work done. Car was frozen!!!! But now that it is light outside i can see blue sky and sunshine!
    i have to go renew my mortgage today....who know what to choose these days?? hoping to go for a walk around the lake after as i have not been doing very well these past two days
  • JNettie73
    Options
    Helena -
    Weddings on LI tend to be very fancy and ridiculously expensive compared to other states. Mine was roughly 30K and I had approximately 120 people. :ohwell: I had my wedding at a vineyard/catering hall. My ceremony was outdoors in the vineyard, I had an outdoor cocktail hour and indoor reception.
    don't know if I will be much help. But somethings I did for my wedding to cut down the costs were:
    ~make my own wedding invitations, like you plan on doing. I am very artistic and also know how to do calligraphy. So I did the calligraphy on the envelopes myself rather than paying to have someone do it. You can also print out the envelopes using a fancy font on your computer.
    ~I did the centerpieces for my tables myself rather than paying a florist to do them. Rather than do flowers I did wine bottle candle holders with artificial grape vines. It looked lovely.
    ~For favors, I found inexpensive but nice wine bottle stoppers. You just have to take some time and search around to find the cheapest deal for what you are looking for.
    ~For my gift table I decorated a white wired cage with ribbon and artificial flowers that matched the flowers my bridal party had. Guests put their cards in there.
    ~When picking a venue choose off days and times of the year. June is a popular month for brides in the summer. I ended up going with August. I also had a Sunday afternoon wedding rather than Friday or Saturday night.
    Other things I have seen done:
    ~ Artificial flowers in lieu of real
    ~ Donation cards in lieu of favors. You can pick your favorite charity and make a donation. My bestie donated to an animal shelter then had cards on the tables that had pictures of the cats they helped.
    ~My bestie also rented out space in a restaurant and had a buffet style brunch rather than a full several course meal like I had. It was really nice.
    ~Music. Rather than having a DJ you can put all your music on an iPod and play that through a stereo system.
    ~Ask friends if they have anything from their wedding you can use for yours. I ended up lending my bestie a few things from my wedding. It saved her a ton of money.
    ~Dress: You can see if you can buy a used dress on ebay. Or sometimes you are able to find nice dresses through stores such as JCPenny that are relatively inexpensive and great for weddings.
    ~ Photographer - You can see if you can find a photography student from a local college looking to make some extra money to take your pictures.

Hope this helps!
  • JNettie73
    Options
    p1xyn1xy - I am glad to hear your son is doing well in school. Also glad to hear that you were able to meet with his teacher and workout something. Super job on working with him at home completing stories. LOL at making sure he handed in assignments at lunch time!

JT - Sounds like you have been very busy! Keeping my fingers crossed too for good news on the job front.

MNwalking - I literally LOLed when I read you hid under the teachers desk and waited for your son to act out. Good for you for showing him that kind of behavior will not be tolerated.

Jeannie - Sorry to hear you were struggling a bit yesterday. Remember today is a new day. Put it behind you and move forward!
    I don't know if this will help you or not but I eat snacks in between my meals. So I eat breakfast and 2 hours later I eat a snack then have lunch. I usually don't have an afternoon snack because I am busy teaching. Depending on calories I will eat something small after dinner. I find on days that I don't snack in between meals I end up coming home from work ravenous and want to eat everything in sight.

Susan - Sorry to hear about your funk and work stress. Stress definitely can take its toll on us and bring us to a bad places mentally.
    I am excited about the 5K. I was discussing it with my early group of aides yesterday and they all were applauding me. It really made me feel good. I am going to try my best to run the entire thing but I take comfort in knowing that if I am not able to I can drop down to a walk. This is a great motivator for me. I am also very excited about meeting you, Karen (Skinny as I like to call her - saves me on confusing her with the other Karen. I confuse easily. :laugh: ) and Laurie. We will have to pose for a nice photo of all of us at the finish line for memories and so we can post on here!

Laurie - Hope you feel better soon. I felt a bit icky yesterday too with pressure in my cheeks. I took some meds and it went away. Thankfully I don't feel it today.

Skinny - Thanks for sharing that link. I am going to come back to it later and read it.

Kaye - I hope you feel better soon. Aches and pains certainly are no fun.

ushkii - My husband has a counter at work too where he and his coworkers leave things for others to take. I often make him bring in things like our left over Halloween candy and other treats like that. It saves me from eating them when I am bored. I never though about giving him some extra goodies from my garden before. Maybe I will do that this year.
  • pashunrose39
    pashunrose39 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Still not doing so hot with the motivation thing. Even though my brother and his girlfriend told me they are proud of me for the weight loss thus far, I can't seem to get motivated to keep it going. I'm frustrated about it all. I'm glad I'm losing, but I just feel alone in the whole thing, I don't have anyone to exercise with during the day. I do walk my dogs about 3 or 4 times a day. I suppose that is helping. It definitely isn't as much walking as I'm use to though. I suppose it's better than nothing. I know that any kind of movement is better than none.

Tonight, I'm having ham steak, rice and a nice salad for dinner. I'm sure my guys will be happy with anything I feed them. I need to stay on track and keep losing. I need to move more. Maybe, I should climb my stairs a few times in a row.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday. See ya on the flipside.
    pashunrose39
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Still not doing so hot with the motivation thing. Even though my brother and his girlfriend told me they are proud of me for the weight loss thus far, I can't seem to get motivated to keep it going.

It's tough to lose weight for someone else or for someone else's approval. I did this when I first started here on MFP (at least partially) and it backfired big time. I lost 120+ and when we broke up I gained almost 70lbs. I learned the hard way that this has to be for ME! Not so anyone will be impressed with the way I look or will be proud of me... but because *I* want to be healthy and have the body that I want to have.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Wow. Here goes another high stress situation. I got a call from sister this morning. My 95 year old father has fallen and broken his hip. The break is near an artery so he can't move until it has been screwed together. He has been failing a lot lately. I don't know how he will do with the surgery. He has a DNR so we will just have to see what happens. We had planned to go see him next week during spring break. We will leave as soon as DD can pick the kids up tomorrow. Right now I am wishing that I hadn't made those cookies yesterday. They are way to available!
    Karen-I loved the "just" essay. We are nearly always our own worst critics.
    Everyone have a good day. I will be running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to figure out what I need to take with me.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Still not doing so hot with the motivation thing. Even though my brother and his girlfriend told me they are proud of me for the weight loss thus far, I can't seem to get motivated to keep it going. I'm frustrated about it all. I'm glad I'm losing, but I just feel alone in the whole thing, I don't have anyone to exercise with during the day. I do walk my dogs about 3 or 4 times a day. I suppose that is helping. It definitely isn't as much walking as I'm use to though. I suppose it's better than nothing. I know that any kind of movement is better than none.

Tonight, I'm having ham steak, rice and a nice salad for dinner. I'm sure my guys will be happy with anything I feed them. I need to stay on track and keep losing. I need to move more. Maybe, I should climb my stairs a few times in a row.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday. See ya on the flipside.
    pashunrose39

Have you checked into any exercise classes? I found some at a church very close to me and I can take unlimited classes for $20 a month. I like the vibe at the church much more than a gym or the Y. The classes are small, abilities are varied and just a month in, I have made friends with the other ladies who attend classes. I didn't go yesterday because my internet was down and required a visit from Time Warner to replace the modem. When I went to class today, 3 different people said "We missed you yesterday". I feel a sense of obligation and commitment to go to class. Maybe you could investigate and see if there is an affordable, comfortable and welcoming option near you?

Exercise Goals:

Saturday - 3 mile minimum walk DONE
    Sunday - Rest Day DONE
    Monday- Cardio/Weights/Stretch DONE
    Tuesday - Yoga DONE
    Wednesday - Cardio/Weights/Stretch NOT DONE ;(
    Thursday - Pilates DONE
    Friday - Cardio/Weights/Stretch
  • jelkins2000
    jelkins2000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

So I'm starting my "diet" today...again. It seems like I start it every week! I'm still down about 70 pounds from my highest, but I've still got at least another hundred to go. I've been stuck at my current weight range for a while now; probably like 5 months. Can't seem to get the motivation to get back with it. I just moved to a new city with a new job so maybe I'm letting the stress get to me. Need to stick with it this time!! Anyway, just saying hi!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth- I just need to stop being so lazy! I choose to watch TV for half hour instead of walking up down my stairs or doing house work. Sorry I have been on tangent today about figuring out what I blame for being 258lbs verses being accountable it steemed from watch last night episode of "my 600lb life".

Another confession non weight related ***Disclaimer I don't mean to offend***
    I live in what most people would call the "hood or ghetto" it doesn't bother me it's what I can afford. What is really irritating me though is my neighbors who pay no attention to their kids, so they just latch on to anyone who speaks to them or shows them attention. All though the kids annoy me slightly (because they never go away or let you be) my real problem is these kids could latch on to the wrong type of person and the parents wouldn't even know. Just had to get that off my chest.

@jnettie- needed to read your friends post because I struggle with that in real life. Congrats on running in the cold and your pants becoming to big
    @Karen- "Just" was good.
    @Susan- Hope your funk goes away soon
    @Kaye- Best wishes for your dad
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Thursday truth: The last few weeks have been really tough on my diet, and I totally went off yesterday and took a cheat day, and now I can't stop thinking about it. I made some choices that were better than others (I headed to a secluded beach with a friend and we stopped at in n-out so got my burger without a bun, I go a low cal wrap from starbucsk for breakfast) but I ended up blowing it up with snacking. I think I've gained a few pounds in the last two weeks because of friend here+midterms+beach vacation and I'm really trying to be good. I know the key is to start again today and continue doing what I'm doing, so I went to Trader Joe's and got food for the reset of the week even though it was more expensive than usual so I can avoid the fatty student cafe or restauraunts (dining halls are closed over break). I need to get my head back in the game.

Going for a run today and doing some studying. If I get a good amount done I'm borrowing my friend's road bike and attempting a very long bike ride to a nice town as my activity tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. You all give me so much perspective and strength as I work my way towards health.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I just had to join in - I've been sick with allergic reaction to two drugs recent doc put me on - I'll let your imagination fill in the rest :frown: :grumble: Also dont get to start PT until next Weds - rats. Will also get another steroid shot tht day, insurance approved it for me. I can't walk stairs which really upsets me.

Today tho confined at home I am happy as a young girl flying a kite on a windy day - I love the first day of spring no matter wht kind of weather we have after today, it doesn't count as winter any more - I'm in love with spring and I am so happy about its arrival. Plus two birds have been visiting my deck Maybe they'll build a nest somewhere.

I got on the scale today and was saddened to see how much i have gained. I do blame my illness, my mouth condition mostly, because Ineed to have something in my mouth constantly. My weight was 247, and before I got ill in November it was down to 206 and I was excited about seeing Onderland. I have so much work to do. I am not goinig to give up. I plan on seeing a Speech Pathologist when the time is right and maybe I can learn some tricks from that person.

Never Give Up.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth: I don't like having my picture taken. For years I have felt like this, and it stems from being big, and the camera really does seem to add 10 lbs. Other people see me in pictures and say " you look good" but I just don't see it. I can look in the mirror and say I look good, but never in a picture. I wonder why that is. Last Friday I decided I would like to use a picture of me for my profile pic, so looked through my iphone for pictures of me. There were none. There were some of my boyfriend, my friends, my cat, and my nieces, but none of myself. I then thought I'd try a 'selfie', but am not really good at it. Of the ones I did take, I looked worse (haggard? comes to mind) and bigger than what I saw in the mirror. I was surprised that the 2 images looked so different. Needless to say, I have the same avatar as when I started here a few months ago. I'm hoping to change that soon.

Sunday: REST
    Monday: 30 Day Shred level 1(day 3) DONE
    Tuesday: Physio- bike and (full or lower body) DONE
    Wednesday: HIIT (abs), Power Yoga level 1(day 2) DONE
    Thursday: 30 Day Shred level 1(day 4) NOT DONE
    Friday: Physio-bike and (full or upper body)
    Saturday: hiking
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    bump