Any geeks?

Replies

• Here's a great blog for all of us! It's focused around a really cool sword workout...Larping but with extra muscle!
    http://steelmbs.com/blog/
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    ya rang
  • Trolling, Interneting, LARP, D&D, Netflix, Anime. Hoping to do some hardcore cosplay when I finish dieting etc...
    I heard BBQ mentioned? I'm a massive carnivore, if I didn't want a smoking hot bod I'd eat Man vs. Food style daily.

haha love this reply!
  • tumblr_inline_mra7n7w4eQ1qegw8v.gif

Love it!
  • I work for Geek Squad. Nuff said.
  • BehindtheMic
    BehindtheMic Posts: 1,741 Member
    I think everyone has alittle geek/nerd in them!
  • gosustu
    gosustu Posts: 33 Member
    I love Sci-Fi
    Diablo 2 cost me my 3rd year in college (didn't matter anyway!)
    I play oGame, Diablo 3
    I work as a Network Systems Admin
    I do programming in my spare time
    I wear a wolf shirt (wife thought she was buying it for me as a joke until I wore it for 2 days)
  • StephyA86
    StephyA86 Posts: 68 Member
    I might be more quirky than geeky.

I get really excited for:
    Epic book adventures (Game of Thrones, LOTR, Harry Potter, etc etc etc)
    Doctor Who
    Zombie related anything
    Any sort of "geeky" show or movie
    Used to game but I became that episode of Big Bang theory where Penny discovered Age of Conan, not good.

Less geeky things I get really excited for:
    Cooking! Big cook! Love to be in the kitchen!
    Painting
    Shoes
    Craft beer
    Traveling
    Concerts
  • WandaMM1
    WandaMM1 Posts: 132 Member
    I always thought I was a bit of a geek and then I read these threads and have no idea what half the stuff is. Maybe I am more of a dork?

Funny stuff! I thought the same thing!
  • Kind of, but not really. I love anything supernatural, including the show. Add me if you want to. I am on here daily.
    No not goth, just love scary stuff.
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Yes. Doctor Who. Sherlock. Firefly. Avengers. Harry Potter. STOS. Star Wars. LOTR. A degree in theatre and a passion for cosplay. So much more but it all just feels just an ordinary part of life.

But I offer this FTW: I have spawned, and successfully raised to young adulthood, two children who are full on geek-nerd-dorks in their own right.

Thank you.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    You rang?

IT Geek here.
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    yes, all of that!
  • ametolie
    ametolie Posts: 13 Member
    So if my goal is to be skinny enough to cosplay, does that count?
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    When I'm an old man, my grandchildren will ask me "Were you ever a geek?" and I will reply "I am a geek, I've been a geek since I was a young child." They will look at me in awe and say "Really? After all this time?" and I will reply "Always."

A cookie (low fat, low sugar, high protein) for the awesome people who realise where that's from. It's surely my biggest geek-vice. Others are Doctor Who (hence the username), Sherlock and Pokemon. I'm also a massive music geek - I take great pleasure in music, especially when I listen to music no-one else has heard of. It makes my hipster happy.
    Overheard:

"Whovians are like the hipsters of the nerd world."

This works beautifully with my username.
  • DanaPaiva
    DanaPaiva Posts: 7 Member
    Ahah sounds like you're geek enought!
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    I am ashamed to say I stalk the LARPers at the local park. I can't bring myself to getting out of the car. I sit mesmerized. Its so shiny.
  • Now *that* is great!
  • I have an ice cube tray that makes frozen Space Invaders.

Now *that* is great!
  • smruggles
    smruggles Posts: 20 Member
    I'm a nerd, too!!! Comic books, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Star Trek, every book EVER (except Twilight. haha)... I'm that kind of nerd! I'm actually going to meet Matt Smith this weekend at Comic Con in Louisville, KY!