Are there any other competitive lifters in here?

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You're right. I only answered all of the questions you had about how to implement 5/3/1 for powerlifting with a volume/intensity taper leading up the meet. That's not helping you out though, just answering your questions and I'm a liar.

You're very angry. If you need a hug, I've been told I'm a great hugger.

If I say I am angry, will you give me a hug?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Omg, the guy only wants to talk to other people IN THIS FORUM who are competitive lifters. Granted, his word choice "just a person who likes to lift" was a little poor, but why get offended? Most of you who are pouting aren't even powerlifters as far as I can gather.

You don't have to derail EVERY thread because your job is not stimulating enough and you need entertainment... Let the guy bro out with his competitive lifting bros without having to defend himself at every turn.

I don't think anyone is pouting.

*****ing...giving the impression that they are offended that he doesn't include non-competitive lifting programmes as being comparable to what he does as a competitive lifter....making comments which could be interpreted as snarky or snide/making comments that may be 'blunt and truthful' but could also come across as if the makers of said comments are upset at his statements...

if it assists, please replace the word "pouting" with any of the above groupings of words. I don't think the sentiment of my initial statement will have changed significantly.

Laughing. You forgot to include laughing.

Because I think that's what everyone except OP, the one strongman guy and the girl who did a strongwoman comp and is gonna powerlift someday... oh yeah, and you. Everyone else is just laughing. And having a good time. And there's no law against it. Unlike impersonating a physician.

Well I saw very few 'lols' and only a few blinky-face flower-offering smileys in the comments so I assumed the laughter was minimal...don't judge me.

Y'all are derailing his thread for no good reason. Let him find his real powerlifting soul buddies in peace. god.

Also, if you are able to/are interested in read/ing through the thread objectively, it does come across as if a lot of you are offended by his exclusion...you as well. Whether you are or not is a different story.

I actually have the capability of laughing without putting smiley little smiley faces in my messages. And to me it's funnier if you don't put them.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    he's not judgeing, he's just looking for people to identify with...you butthurt? No need to throw your opinions around, we all have our own.

His post came off as judgemental IMO (yes, my opinion and I am entitled to it) Also, he threw his opinions around..,so slightly biased stance there.

Also, no butthurt from me, I compete.

If you want to hook up with competitive PL'ers, that's completely understandable, but just say that. No need for the 'extras'.

There absolutely is need for the extras. Without them, everyone who fancies themselves strong will jump in here and say "Oh, I'm a powerlifter!" which would then make it necessary to state the extras so I just did it up front. Geez, you people on this website are so damn touchy about EVERYTHING. I guess this is a reminder why I deleted my account a while back. I don't know if you remember that but I was the guy who helped you get your pre-contest training cycle put together prior to your first meet. Some respect I got for that huh?

What?? You are delusional! You had absolutely NOTHING to do with my programming. Now you are lying as well. My programming came from 3DMJ and Alberto Nunez. Before that it was plain ole 5/3/1. I am honestly astounded by your post.

Also, are you really that blinkered to think 'I want other people who have competed only' would have not done the job?

You're right. I only answered all of the questions you had about how to implement 5/3/1 for powerlifting with a volume/intensity taper leading up the meet. That's not helping you out though, just answering your questions and I'm a liar.

Holy cr@p...you just do not stop. Yes...you are lying. My conversations about tapering for my meet were with Berto - I had not at all with you. Actually, I am pretty sure you deactivated even before I decided to compete.

When exactly were this alleged conversations pray tell?

They were on my old account and I can't believe you're denying this. It has to just be to save face. I spent way too much time discussing your taper and your joker sets that you didn't even really end up utilizing for you not to remember. Either that or you need to go get an EEG because you have memory loss. I am not lying and I really don't appreciate you saying that I am. If you didn't have these conversations with me then how do I know everything that you did leading up to your meet? You asked me a lot of questions about my water cutting cycle leading up to my competition as well but I don't know whether or not you implemented that.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    As of Sat 29th yes ! - I`ll be competing in my first kettle bell lifting competition in the long cycle snatch event
    Heh. She said "snatch."
    Not JUST snatch. But "long cycle" snatch..

If you know what I mean......:eyebrowwaggle:
  • subsonicbassist
    subsonicbassist Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I play soccer on the weekends with my friends, for fun, and we don't score. I am therefore a soccer player... strong logic is strong. OP is just looking for like-minded individuals in the same competetive realm as him, the only people getting butthurt are those that don't compete or want to compete but won't. I train powerlifting movements but wouldn't consider myself a powerlifter until I actually started competing and it doesn't hurt my feelings.
  • Lofteren
    Options

You would like that wouldn't you?
  • sjohnny
    Options
    he's not judgeing, he's just looking for people to identify with...you butthurt? No need to throw your opinions around, we all have our own.

His post came off as judgemental IMO (yes, my opinion and I am entitled to it) Also, he threw his opinions around..,so slightly biased stance there.

If you want to hook up with competitive PL'ers, that's completely understandable, but just say that. No need for the 'extras'.

There absolutely is need for the extras. Without them, everyone who fancies themselves strong will jump in here and say "Oh, I'm a powerlifter!" which would then make it necessary to state the extras so I just did it up front. Geez, you people on this website are so damn touchy about EVERYTHING. I guess this is a reminder why I deleted my account a while back. I don't know if you remember that but I was the guy who helped you get your pre-contest training cycle put together prior to your first meet. Some respect I got for that huh?

What?? You are delusional! You had absolutely NOTHING to do with my programming. Now you are lying as well. My programming came from 3DMJ and Alberto Nunez. Before that it was plain ole 5/3/1. I am honestly astounded by your post.

Also, are you really that blinkered to think 'I want other people who have competed only' would have not done the job?

Well.... he was going to help you but you didn't even lift yet. And he suspected (correctly) that you might invite someone who doesn't even lift to your meet.

You must be a good runner, bud. For the amount of smack you talk I'm surprised someone hasn't broken your jaw yet. Then again, you wouldn't have a computer monitor to hide behind in that scenario so I doubt your mouth is as big in person.

I'm a pretty crappy runner. And my mouth is actually bigger in person. I tone it down for the interwebz because there are so many sensitive people there.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Holy cr@p...you just do not stop. Yes...you are lying. My conversations about tapering for my meet were with Berto - I had not at all with you. Actually, I am pretty sure you deactivated even before I decided to compete.

They were on my old account and I can't believe you're denying this. It has to just be to save face. I spent way too much time discussing your taper and your joker sets that you didn't even really end up utilizing for you not to remember. Either that or you need to go get an EEG because you have memory loss. I am not lying and I really don't appreciate you saying that I am. If you didn't have these conversations with me then how do I know everything that you did leading up to your meet? You asked me a lot of questions about my water cutting cycle leading up to my competition as well but I don't know whether or not you implemented that.

*sigh*

You are getting more and more delusional.

Oh...now it's also about water cutting cycle...dafuq? I did not need to do a water cutting cycle so I have no idea what you are on. Whatever it is, please can I have some. What was that about knowing everything I did leading up to my meet - care to try for another?

When again was this? When did you deactivate your last account out of interest?

Also, if you knew so much about me, then you would realize that the EEG comment was pretty low.
  • sjohnny
    Options

I'm pretty sure I'd like a hug.
  • Lofteren
    Options
    Omg, the guy only wants to talk to other people IN THIS FORUM who are competitive lifters. Granted, his word choice "just a person who likes to lift" was a little poor, but why get offended? Most of you who are pouting aren't even powerlifters as far as I can gather.

You don't have to derail EVERY thread because your job is not stimulating enough and you need entertainment... Let the guy bro out with his competitive lifting bros without having to defend himself at every turn.

I don't think anyone is pouting.

*****ing...giving the impression that they are offended that he doesn't include non-competitive lifting programmes as being comparable to what he does as a competitive lifter....making comments which could be interpreted as snarky or snide/making comments that may be 'blunt and truthful' but could also come across as if the makers of said comments are upset at his statements...

if it assists, please replace the word "pouting" with any of the above groupings of words. I don't think the sentiment of my initial statement will have changed significantly.

Laughing. You forgot to include laughing.

Because I think that's what everyone except OP, the one strongman guy and the girl who did a strongwoman comp and is gonna powerlift someday... oh yeah, and you. Everyone else is just laughing. And having a good time. And there's no law against it. Unlike impersonating a physician.

Well I saw very few 'lols' and only a few blinky-face flower-offering smileys in the comments so I assumed the laughter was minimal...don't judge me.

Y'all are derailing his thread for no good reason. Let him find his real powerlifting soul buddies in peace. god.

Also, if you are able to/are interested in read/ing through the thread objectively, it does come across as if a lot of you are offended by his exclusion...you as well. Whether you are or not is a different story.

There's already too much stupidity in this thread for your logic to make any difference. Thanks for trying though. I appreciate it.
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I competed in my first strong (wo)man competition last month and I LOVED it! Since that has been over I' have been training for my first power lifting competition on April 26th. I'm super nervous. My bench isn't great but I'm pretty happy with my squat and DL. I'm also trying to cut some weight before as I'm afraid that's really gonna hurt me!

Next strong man is in late July!

Good for you. Don't worry about bench. As far as I'm concerned, it's the lift that you gives you a bit of a lie down between the real lifts.

What events did you do for the Strong(wo)man? I've done a few and love them. I wouldn't consider myself a strongwoman competitor because I'm not great at them. They're more just a relaxing laugh.

THE HELL YOU SAY!!!

Strong(wo)man is SEREEIS BIZNESS. There's no place for laughs.

Log Press Last man standing I dropped out at 120
    Max Deadlift on Hex bar in a minute 230 lbs
    Farmers Holds 140 per hand
    Max stone load over bar in a min, chose your stone weight beats reps (I chose 160)
    Husafell carry max distance (150 lb for woman's div)

I PR'd in everything but the log press and I met my practice max in that. I ended up with fifth place overall the woman and I was pretty happy with that since my goal for my first comp was just not to come in last!

And strong(wo)man is no joke! There are some BEASTLY women out there!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I play soccer on the weekends with my friends, for fun, and we don't score. I am therefore a soccer player... strong logic is strong. OP is just looking for like-minded individuals in the same competetive realm as him, the only people getting butthurt are those that don't compete or want to compete but won't. I train powerlifting movements but wouldn't consider myself a powerlifter until I actually started competing and it doesn't hurt my feelings.
    OK, but where's this butthurt now? I'm not seeing it.

And I wouldn't have a problem with him saying "I'm only looking for competitors" instead of telling us that if we don't compete, we're somehow imaginary powerlifters.
  • Lofteren
    Options

*sigh*

Oh...now it's also about water cutting cycle...dafuq? I did not need to do a water cutting cycle so I have no idea what you are on. Whatever it is, please can I have some.

When again was this?

I just said that I didn't know if you implemented a water cutting cycle. Maybe you should read the whole statement before you respond. This was when I had my old account. I don't have a date but it was several months ago. The meet I was preparing for was in July 2013.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Max stone load over bar in a min, chose your stone weight beats reps (I chose 160)

I PR'd in everything but the log press and I met my practice max in that. I ended up with fifth place overall the woman and I was pretty happy with that since my goal for my first comp was just not to come in last!

That's flippin' sweet! We're going to Husafell this summer so my husband can carry the stone.
    I don't have any stones between 150 and 200, and the 200 so far eludes me, even with comp grade tacky. And for some reason, I can no longer lift the 150 without tackying up first. WTF is up with that?!

What do you think is the best accessory work to improve grip for atlas stone? My trouble is shifting it off the ground at all.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    In for hugs
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

*sigh*

Oh...now it's also about water cutting cycle...dafuq? I did not need to do a water cutting cycle so I have no idea what you are on. Whatever it is, please can I have some.

When again was this?

I just said that I didn't know if you implemented a water cutting cycle. Maybe you should read the whole statement before you respond. This was when I had my old account. I don't have a date but it was several months ago. The meet I was preparing for was in July 2013.

Ummmm.....what exactly were you supposed to have helped me with again?

Taper and joker sets? lolno

Also, maybe you need that EEG.
  • sjohnny
    Options

That's flippin' sweet! We're going to Husafell this summer so my husband can carry the stone.
    I don't have any stones between 150 and 200, and the 200 so far eludes me, even with comp grade tacky. And for some reason, I can no longer lift the 150 without tackying up first. WTF is up with that?!

What do you think is the best accessory work to improve grip for atlas stone? My trouble is shifting it off the ground at all.

Um. What the hell are doing asking these questions here? You haven't competed yet. Start your own thread for non-competers.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

If I say I am angry, will you give me a hug?

You can have a hug angry or not ;)
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Well... now that just hurts my feelings. Taking me back to them playground years.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options

friends-ross.gif