Judgey in the lunch room

Options

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I don't eat iceberg lettuce because i want to save them before global climate change destroys all the iceberg lettuce.

I see what you did there.
    I approve. Strongly.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I_32217d_1125646.gif
  • widebride
    widebride Posts: 21
    Options
    But I love my daily frozen pizza...
  • wolfsbayne
    Options
    tumblr_mbzm82LBof1rf8fybo1_500.gif

and

tumblr_m6lm9wqBTo1r6jh5io1_500.jpg
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Don't_care.gif
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I HATE lettuce!! Like seriously hate it! That is all!

how dare you not like lettuce?!?!?!
    ironmanGTFO.gif

h53_A23889.jpg
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    To answer at least part of your question, yes, that junk food does have some nutritional value that's why they can do it and not just die from malnutrition. It's also the reason for congestive heart failure so there is a dark side to eating junk.

If i were you i wouldn't worry about it. It's their choices, right or wrong.

Can you back this with peer reviewed research?
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    So you must follow them home and look in their kitchen window to see if they're eating lettuce with dinner. Right? I mean, you've come to the conclusion that they don't.

Someone call the police. We have a stalker on our hands.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I HATE lettuce!! Like seriously hate it! That is all!

how dare you not like lettuce?!?!?!
    ironmanGTFO.gif

h53_A23889.jpg

There there....
    tumblr_lvot5crNsl1qh79fwo1_500.gif
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options

I only eat roman lettuce and kale mmmm with RANCH ALL OVER IT...mhm.

I read this like Slingblade:

Ranch sauce kale.... uhmmm hmmm!
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    OP do you have a membership to Planet Fitness?

2390790-9351094816-i-kid.jpg
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Lettuce? You're forming an argument that people are suffering from malnutrition because they probably don't eat "lettuce"? Do you realize what a pointless crappy excuse for a vegetable iceberg lettuce is? At least call people out for not eating spinach or something, not lettuce.

Sheesh

the only lettuce I eat comes from McDonalds or Dairy Queen, or occasionally Burger King or Fatburgers. I once had a McDonald's salad. It was nice apart from the fact it had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much lettuce in it....

What is it with lettuce? It's like westerners think it's not a salad unless it's about 80% lettuce. I used to hate salad because I'm really not keen on lettuce unless it's part of a burger or something. However an Algerian friend taught me the Algerian way to make salads.................. not a freaking lettuce leaf in sight. Now I like salads and make my own very creative lettuce-free salads.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Lettuce? You're forming an argument that people are suffering from malnutrition because they probably don't eat "lettuce"? Do you realize what a pointless crappy excuse for a vegetable iceberg lettuce is? At least call people out for not eating spinach or something, not lettuce.

Sheesh

the only lettuce I eat comes from McDonalds or Dairy Queen, or occasionally Burger King or Fatburgers. I once had a McDonald's salad. It was nice apart from the fact it had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much lettuce in it....

What is it with lettuce? It's like westerners think it's not a salad unless it's about 80% lettuce. I used to hate salad because I'm really not keen on lettuce unless it's part of a burger or something. However an Algerian friend taught me the Algerian way to make salads.................. not a freaking lettuce leaf in sight. Now I like salads and make my own very creative lettuce-free salads.

the best salads:
    chicken salad
    ham salad
    egg salad
    pasta salad
    macaroni salad
    potato salad
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You follow these people around and see what they are eating the rest of the time? Secret cameras? That's really creepy. I mean, it's creepy enough that you watch what they are doing at work.

hB5DD8D90
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Judgey little rant for perspective:

So I'm realizing that some people ALWAYS eat trash. They have soda every day, some of them even drink predominantly soda as if it were water. There are people at my work who eat microwave lunches every day! That is a chemical trash concoction and they eat it every. single. day. They probably don't even eat one cupful of lettuce per day and might only have one piece of fruit or none! How is that even possible? Don't you die of malnutrition if you only eat processed food every day all the time? I definitely indulge in the occasional snack of trash, sometimes even twice a day, but every day? All the time? It had just never occurred to me that a person could live without eating any fruits or any vegetables or drinking any water or probably doing any exercise...

So I guess no worries to everyone eating some fruit and veg and at least drinking some water. Taking steps in the right direction puts you lightyears ahead of the crowd it seems. Keep up the good work and you're probably doing better than you think! :drinker:

Do you know anyone who eats ALL junk? Is this really so common?

Ewww you eat fruit? Bunch of yucky chemicals

19cthsq3h02qrpng.png

19cththprtrp4png.png

What about apples and cherries? Cyanide anybody?
  • wolfsbayne
    Options

Sheesh

the best salads:
    chicken salad
    ham salad
    egg salad
    pasta salad
    macaroni salad
    potato salad

mmmm pasta salad :love:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Sheesh

I don't know what's up with people and lettuce. I prefer spinach, if I'm going with a traditional leafy salad, but really there are so many kinds of 'salads'. Warm, cold, meat based, veggie based, grain based...Nom
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    There are people at my work

you don't see what they eat at home. people who work with me and have occasion to view my eating habits may turn up very confused indeed.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    A lot of time in the past, I've eaten microwave meals for lunch. Then I go home and have a HUGE kick-*kitten* salad in a mixing bowl with a ton of veggies and meats and cheeses and nuts and things with all kinds of greens and crunchy things.

Thanks for listening.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Last night I was watching an episode of Freaky Eaters, and the guy they were following had eaten nothing but french fries and baked beans his entire life, like from the moment he could eat solid foods. Now obviously there's nothing wrong with those foods in and of themselves, but I did have to wonder how he had any teeth left in his head only eating those things and nothing else. You'd think he'd have scurvy or something at the very least. That's all I wonder about when people have such limited diets, how do they get all their nutrients?