Replies

• jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    b
  • bg192905
    bg192905 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids! I just saw this thread and said hey, I am 40+!!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids! It's sunny here today- Yahooo! I think I am going to try to walk at lunch time today. I am off for the rest of the week though and will be getting in an extra gym day tomorrow! I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow morning to go over some recent blood work I had. I think I am going to talk with him about getting rid of the last diabetes med that I am on and see what he says. I also have to weigh in for our "Biggest Loser" challenge at work tomorrow- just need to pop in an get on the scale- a quick in and out!. I know I have not lost nearly as much as I did last year ( I lost almost 22lbs during last year's challenge), but I have lost some and my body is changing for certain. I am stronger and can do things that I couldn't do this time last year. I also continued to lose throughout the year so I am ahead of the game overall and am happy about that!

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    The_1_Who_Knocks Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Who knew that I could get even cooler simply by aging lol.

I am 43, have 10 pounds more to go, but more than that I just want to get my belly fat completely gone. Getting close. It's true these last few pounds are proving tougher than the first 90.

The cool thing is that I am 43 and I weigh less than I have at any time since I was 18, including my 7 years in the Army.

For a long time I thought I would never see 200 pounds again, and now I am closing in on 180.

I am wearing a medium sized shirt today....for the first time in my adult life.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,964 Member
    Options
    KellySue - I think I caught your cold.

:sad:

peytonyoumans - congrats on being in the "last 10 lbs" club - there's A LOT of us in that!

No work-out for me, today....mind you, I have zero appetite, so this cold is good for somethin'.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Did my lifting this morning at 6 am and it was great! I am going to do cardio on the treadmill at lunch at BURN as many calories as on can. I am looking forward to it. It sounds weird but I am really starting to like the morning workouts. NEVER thought I would say that.

Kellysue - that is wonderful you are seeing all those changes in your body and are getting stronger. I hope your Dr. agrees to let you off the last diabetes med. You should be very proud of all the accomplishments you have made for your health. Very cool!!!

Peytonyoumans - good to meet you, yes the last 10 lbs hard. I was at that point at one time and then gave up for awhile and now I am about 20 lbs out from my goal. It seems to be moving very slow but I am making progress and keep reminding myself this is for the long haul so it may take awhile. I love that you are in a medium shirt for the 1st time in your adult life :drinker: How awesome!!! That is when it really all makes it worth while.
  • KellySue67
    Options
    KellySue - I think I caught your cold.

:sad:

Beeps~ It traveled swiftly for many miles 'cause I just wanted to share!!! Seriously though, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. It stinks for sure. Hope it doesn't last too long.

Peytonyoumans- Welcome and congratulations on your success so far!!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I would love to hang with the cool kids!!:wink:

Turned 40 in February and enjoying every minute of it! :smile:

I hope everyone is having a fantastic Tuesday!
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    The_1_Who_Knocks Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Apparently the 40+ club is not only where the cool kids are, but also the nice kids too. And that's pretty cool.

Thank you all for the kind words.

I am hoping to go for a 4 mile walk after work, but it is kind of raining right now. Might have to do the treadmill instead, which I am not a big fan of
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hey Cool kids!

Didn't realize I was away from the thread so long. Monday did get away from me though.

Alf and Ruby, thanks for the info on the blenders. I really want a vitamix as well. I have gone through so many blenders and magic bullets, that I think I should have just bitten the bullet a while ago and bought the darn vitamix! :laugh:

Welcome peytonyoumans! Yes, there are many of on here in the last 10lbs club. I was there, now it's the last 15lbs for me. :noway:

Had a busy, but good weekend. Got my long run in OUTSIDE this past weekend. First time running outside since December. We still have mountains of snow and cold, but it was ok weather that day to run outside.
    Walked Sunday with one of my bffs that I had not seen in months and yet we live in the same town! Had the family over for dinner and of course my granddaughter was the delight. :heart:

Have a busy weekend coming up as well - Ladies Curling Bonspiel. It's always a hoot!

Getting my workouts in and following my meal plan, however the weight is very slow to come off. :grumble:
    slow n steady...slow n steady....slow n steady!
  • twkelly
    twkelly Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouraging words. I need to do something. I haven't left the house since Thursday!! I have to go to work tomorrow so that should do it. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and move on. :grumble: I just get mad and frustrated because lately it seems that when everything is going well with my body something happens to screw things up!!!! Sometimes I just feel like giving up and not try so hard...:mad: Ok enough!!!!

Cardigirl, so great to see you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Ahhh Europe, love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lived in Germany for 6 years. We travelled all over Europe. I would love to go back to visit. I would really love to go to Greece and Portugal. My grandfather was from Portugal.

Bounce, my sister lives close to Charleston. It is a nice city. My nephew goes to Citadel there.

Have a wonderful day!!! :flowerforyou:

hi Alf, :flowerforyou:

I'm a Brit but I lived in Portugal, on The Algarve for 10 years, LOVED it!!
    where was your Grandfather from?

Hi Sunman, that is a really good question. His family (Ferreira) moved to Panama when he was in his teens!!! I'm sure my mom told me but I don't remember. I will ask one of my aunts. My dear mom passed away almost 2 yrs ago. :cry:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Welcome to all the new cool kids!!!! :drinker: :drinker: Great to hear from so many of you. As for me I'm still limping away. I aggravated my calf today when I tried to clean a spill my son did on the floor. :sad: this really sucks!!! Oh and up 2 lbs of course snacking more due to stress. Maybe I need Beeps to come here I slap some sense out of me. :laugh: or sdereski to transmit that positive energy into me. :flowerforyou:
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    alf - sending positive energy your way - rest up and then worry about the couple xtra pounds later - you'll be able to buzz them right off when your moving again! Take care of yourself.

sdereski - curling sounds/looks like fun! But, I do what I can to stay off ice and snow whenever possible. LOL

rudby - good for you crushing those early morning workouts. Glad to hear you are feeling better about them. I still have some good and some tough days where I'm just dragging a** by 5pm and can't wait to get into bed LOL

Beeps - emergn-C and zinc should lessen the duration of a cold. Hope you are feeling better real soon! and its starve a fever FEED a cold, get some chicken noodle soup :)

Snowy day here for us today but looking better for the next few days 40-50 degrees :) Hoping to get outside to run soon so I can practice for my 5k next month, treadmill just doesn't cut it.

Welcome to the 10 left club paytonyoumans!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Nice2BFit - Thanks for the encouragement! It is good to know someone else is suffering early mornings with me. Our weather is supposed to start turning better too around 40 but we had 8 again this morning BRRRR. I am ready to get outside and run in the fresh air also.

Alf - postive energy is coming to you from me too! :flowerforyou: You have to stay strong. This is only temporary and you will get better soon. I know how determined you are and you will be up to full speed again as soon as you can.

Sdereski - good to hear from you. Way to get outside and get your long run in; even if the weather is still a little crummy. I love the way you push through it and make the best of it.

Have an incredible day everyone! Glad to be on this journey with all of you.:wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,964 Member
    Options
    I am home sick. Fever, then chills, then fever, then chills.

Hard to sleep because everything aches. Everything.

I have NO appetite, but am drinking plenty of water, coffee and green tea to stay well-hydrated.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Beeps, yikes!!! feel better soon!!! :flowerforyou:

Ruby, way to go on your fitting your workouts in early morning. Early morning workouts work for me, always have. I can get up at 4:45am to get my workout done and out of the way!!! It makes me feel so much better the rest of the day. :drinker: :drinker:

Thank you to all of you for the kind words. I feel a little more positive today...it is what it is...maybe it is a sign that I just need to slow down and focus on my health and fitness in the longterm and not just rush it. I have been thinking about quit teaching Zumba for at least 6 mos now and this might be a sign. I give my all when I teach and sometimes get frustrated when I dont see the same effort from my students. I may just need to just focus on myself and it will be easy to adjust to my own needs. I am going to hang on a little longer, I like to use the extra money to pay my parents mortgage, yes. They passed away and left us with a mortgage debt, no insurance, no will, etc. So my siblings (thank God they are all helping) and myself are paying off the mortgage and lawyer fees to get the house in our names. Sad but true...it will be paid off in Nov this year!!! Lots of stress but I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Good morning! Had my dr. apt yesterday. My A1c is down to 5.8 which is in the normal range. Doc said if it is still down and my weight continues to drop that
    he would consider taking me off the last diabetes med at my appointment in July.

Alf- hope you are recovering from your injury. It is so hard to not be able to work out the way you want.

Beeps- hope you are feeling better from your cold.

I am off from work today. I get to hang out with my favorite 15month old- Jacob! He's napping right now, but hoping he wakes up so we can go play at the bounce place in a little while.

Have a good day all!
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Did back and biceps yesterday and apparently it was an effective workout because ouch! the DOMS!! LOL Did intervals on the treadmill today for 45 minutes on and off every 5 minutes at 4 with a 7-10% incline.

Beeps - that really stinks, I hope today is a much better day for you!!

KellySue - That's great news from your doctor! Keep up the great work! and enjoy your baby time!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Oh Beeps, that what you have sounds exactly what my husband had. It was awful, Poor you. Sure hope you feel better real soon. If that fever hangs on for more than 72 hours, get it checked out!

Alf, nice to hear that your siblings are helping out with the debt load, and yes, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I think you are wise in your line of thinking of taking more control of your own health and wellness - long term. You have to put yourself first!

Kelly Sue - :drinker: :happy: :drinker: Great news from your doctor!! You are doing SO AWESOME!!

Nice - great workout yesterday and today!

Was supposed to run 5 miles yesterday. I wasn't feeling it - did 3.5. Came home and did my strength training workout. It always feels so good when I do that. :happy: