Replies

• little_firebug
    little_firebug Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    5'4" and only 130! I wish! I think your only extra weight is your dude. :(
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    He's a ****, and I bet it's not because of food, it's just his nature.
    I wonder why are you still with someone who doesn't appreciate you...
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you getting out of this relationship is the only response that comes to mind?!?!
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    For me , a man who cannot make his living and cannot support his family is junk!dont get me wrong,i have my job,i earn my share for my family,but the guy needs to make a living unless he is sick or can't get out of bed!Also,if someone is making you feel miserable and is forcing to change your habits,I would think about the relationship.Trust your gut,trust yourself!
  • CEThornton
    Options
    there's no way he is any benefit to you.... loose some extra baggage and drop him. i know being in a relationship is "comfortable" but it'll be so much better without that negativity.
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    He sounds terrible. Why are you with him? He is abusive. He will only get worse. It's seriously time to dump him and move on.
  • hogsrgr8
    hogsrgr8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all of the comments, so it may have been said already. 1st of all, if you are stressing - you are storing fat! If you are stressing, you are more than likely stress eating with bad foods. If you are stressing, find the source and get rid of it - it is pretty clear to me what that stressor is. You have your own life, I know what I would do if I were in your shoes!!! I would get rid of my stressor!
  • TEMMEAlexa
    TEMMEAlexa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Being fit and healthy is of course good. Getting into shape is such a good feeling but your boyfriend is judgmental about your body or shape. Why don't you tell him that either he should stop all this non- sense or you would leave. Moreover, you should also remind him that he is a skinny man which in no ways indicates a healthy or fit body. This means that he should mind his own business, make sure that he himself is fit before pointing fingers at others.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I think you'd feel a LOT happier and be way less stressed out physically and emotionally if you ditched this guy.

Its hard enough taking care of yourself, but taking care of a dumb guy who uses you (while he seems to use everybody in his life) for food and attitude.

You deserve a man who complements you, not guilt trips you.
    You deserve a man who buys you the food, not scavenges your cabinets.

You'd financially be more stable, your body will be able to feel like you have enough food and you can eat healthily without that guy as a bad influence.

Take a step back from him, think as an outside person does looking in and try to detach yourself emotionally. Then you can see what needs to be done.

By the way, don't think you can't go without him. You are way more independent than you think :)
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Drop him. He sounds like a mooch with zero ambition and just wants everyone to take care of him. I understand the financial side of things, he's just abusing you. Get rid of him and find your own happiness.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    This guy sounds like other young people I have heard about. They gorge on massive junk in one sitting, then shoot themselves up with insulin. They seem oblivious to the fact that they are destroying their bodies. Someone like that is not a person I would want as a partner.
  • mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Loose the boyfriend.. keep you confidence! Oh and btw.. your boyfriend should lift!!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    You need to lose approximately 120lbs, if you know what I mean. :wink:

Don't let someone else dictate to you what you should weigh. Anyone making jabs about your weight is not going to change even if you lose more. They'll simply find something else about you they don't like.
  • puffinbrae
    puffinbrae Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If you were my daughter I'd ask you to read what you've posted as if someone else had written it - your wee sister or your best friend.
    Ask yourself what advice you'd give her. Then follow your own advice. Trust yourself.
  • Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145
    Options
    You are 5 foot 4 and weigh 130 to 135 pounds? I am 5 foot 3 and weigh 126 to around 130 or so. It just changes all of the time with the time of the month and all of that. I would say we are about the same size but I have a medium frame (I have super broad shoulders for a women, it runs in the family!) and you claim to have a small frame... Still not much of a difference. You sound healthy, in my opinion. If you want to, just start taking walks and cut out junk food and sodas.

By the way, my boyfriend is 5 foot 6 and weighs maybe 130 pounds. He is extremely skinny, and has narrower shoulders than me. And he says he loves how much a weigh and he does not think skinny girls are attractive. He makes me feel good about myself... Your boyfriend sounds mean. I would not want to be with someone who made comments like that.

All very good points above, couldn't say it better myself. ;)

That said, I am not going to lie, I like skinny boys. I can understand why you would want to look similar to them.

...BUT the skinniest I have EVER BEEN is 118 and I am 5'3. You should NEVER be skinnier than ~110-115 regardless of your "frame". Its unhealthy. (look up your BMI & body fat % for exact numbers)

Truthfully, based on what you have said, neither you nor your boyfriend have healthy eating habits regardless of your weight. Exercise and eat more fruits/veggies. No binging/purging. (Yes, you can purge without throwing-up or using meds.)

...AND work on your relationship or ditch it. The stress ALONE can put weight on you.

Good Luck! :3

I'm 5' 3" and I've never weighed more than 105 pounds. Before I began strength training I weighed 100-102 pounds. And yes, I have a small frame. It does make a difference. I'm just pointing our your general statement is incorrect. I may be on the low end of the spectrum but I was born that way. That doesn't make me unhealthy. I'm sure many other people are the same as me.
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I think you need to lose some weight... about 120 lbs of insensitive jerk.

If you just start with that, you will loose weigh to begin.
  • missbehave79
    missbehave79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Like everyone said, he sounds like a total jerk and you should move on. Besides that, from what I'm gathering he is a type I and with habits like that he is putting himself into an early grave. Just because he is skinny doesn't mean he's healthy!
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I had a boyfriend who made me buy all his food (and cigarettes and weed) and would comment on my food intake, take food away from me, etc. I gained a bunch of weight when I was with him. When I dumped him, I lost it all without trying. Probably because without that stress I was able to eat normally. It's a bad relationship. Get out and be happy.
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    dump that lazy *kitten* sack of crap! He is definitely not a MAN if he has to live off of you and everybody else! I'm sure he puts you down just so he can feel like a MAN!
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    There are so many things wrong here I don't know where to begin. In general, this whole relationship sounds toxic to me. Are you even happy? ugh. I can't stand him and I never met him. Do you want to waste another minute of your life on someone that really doesn't appreciate you and just uses you and puts you down? If you can't drum up enough courage to quit the relationship because you got comfortable, then next time he puts you down for your weight, tell him he can either love you the way you are, or leave.... and hold open the door. If he chooses to stay, then tell him he can't mention it ever again. But I think it's better if he goes, to tell you the truth. If I had to live my life over again, it certainly wouldn't include jerks like him. Too much wasted time.