I URGE ANYONE WHOS TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT TO READ

Options

Replies

• 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute, is Powerade manufactured by Coca Cola?

I just Googled the Gold Rush because I don't know what the Sanitarium comment means and didn't want to sound too stupid and saw that Powerade is manufactured by Coca Cola. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Maybe he's the Coca Cola sales rep for the powerade side of the business and the regular Coke rep is kicking his butt.

So this is his was to get people off Coke?

Just an idea!

Could be, of course I am on a sugar high this morning but not from Coke, the other evil...donuts
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    What's totally hypocritical about this post is the OP drinks POWERADE GOLD RUSH which has 34g of sugar per serving as well a a daily dose of Sanitarium at 19g of sugar per serving.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Of course, he won't admit that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

OP has closed down his profile.

Sorry. I mean "locked down" his profile. Not ragequit.

to be frank that is even funnier...because he already got caught being a hypocrite...:laugh:

That is funny he locked it down because he was called out.

Love it...

penelope-hypocrite.gif
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Okay slightly more serious answer

there's a huge amount of pseudoscience and scaremongering making people afraid to eat foods that are actually not harmful to them, and won't make them fat either, provided they're consumed with adequate portion control and as part of a healthy, balanced diet.

There's no need to be afraid of coke. Just be aware of how many calories there are in it, log them accurately, stay within your calorie goal and make sure you're getting all the nutrition you need. If you're that worried about sugar spikes, then consume it as part of a meal as the presence of other food in the meal slows down the rate at which sugar gets into the blood.

People with genuine medical issues regarding sugar, e.g. diabetes, should follow their doctor's advice about how much and what kinds of sugars to eat.

This^^^^ just bear in mind the Coke is pretty much empty calories with none of the other nutrition you may be looking for. But in moderation (particularly if you are in maintenance mode and have some calories to burn) there is nothing inherently wrong. I know Diabetics that keep a can or 2 handy in case they have the need for the quick sugar hit to balance things (and Paramedics will go for it to quickly treat low blood sugar issues.
    I have a case of the Pepsi Next on the porch I have a can once in a while it tastes better than either Pepsi or Pepsi Max to me and falls in the middle for sugar levels.
    And almost all the things they scaremonger with coke as pointed out can be done with any Club Soda (it's a great cleaner actually)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    What's totally hypocritical about this post is the OP drinks POWERADE GOLD RUSH which has 34g of sugar per serving as well a a daily dose of Sanitarium at 19g of sugar per serving.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member

to be frank that is even funnier...because he already got caught being a hypocrite...:laugh:

Love it...

penelope-hypocrite.gif
    That's what happens when someone spouts of BS and totally forgets that they don't even follow it.:laugh: :laugh: He's gonna wake up and read this and go "I ****ed up".:laugh: :laugh: Should have closed my profile down before even posting.:laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Love it...

penelope-hypocrite.gif
    That's what happens when someone spouts of BS and totally forgets that they don't even follow it.:laugh: :laugh: He's gonna wake up and read this and go "I ****ed up".:laugh: :laugh: Should have closed my profile down before even posting.:laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member

I wouldn't have posted the info without you, so thank you. :smile:
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning :flowerforyou:

LOL
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    im sorry so facts are refuted are they well hang on while I goto CERN and let them know

VNsuyU3.jpg
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options

Though I didn't know most of this, I'm glad my boys have never had an ounce of pop/soda pass their lips. They've never even asked for it. They prefer water or chocolate soy milk.

And when they do ask for it? What happens then?

They never have. I heard someone offer some to them at a picnic and my eldest responded, "We don't drink soda." I was feeling very proud at that moment.
    What would have happened if they had said, "sure, thank you?"

Will you be any less proud if you discover that they accept it at some point in time?

I would have let them. I don't know about their mother. If they choose to accept it at some point in time, I might be a little disappointed, but I wouldn't say it or show it. And there's plenty of other things they do that make me proud. I was mostly proud because they went against the typical American culture when it comes to food and they don't seem bothered. Their mother and I don't say they can't have soda, but we teach them about the American diet and why it's not good. They can quickly tell you why McDonalds is not very healthy or many other things. They've grown up eating whole foods and they just don't have a taste for junk or fast food, with the exception of french fries. They never ask for them, but every once in a great while we will stop and get some curly fries from Arby's, but they know it's not healthy and just an occasional treat.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Clearly our educational system is letting some students slip through the cracks.

As a science teacher, I can assure you, it's more than some, but it's not the teacher's causing it. And yes Dame, I ended my sentence in a preposition, eat it!:tongue:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Though I didn't know most of this, I'm glad my boys have never had an ounce of pop/soda pass their lips. They've never even asked for it. They prefer water or chocolate soy milk.

They never have. I heard someone offer some to them at a picnic and my eldest responded, "We don't drink soda." I was feeling very proud at that moment.

Will you be any less proud if you discover that they accept it at some point in time?

I would have let them. I don't know about their mother. If they choose to accept it at some point in time, I might be a little disappointed, but I wouldn't say it or show it. And there's plenty of other things they do that make me proud. I was mostly proud because they went against the typical American culture when it comes to food and they don't seem bothered. Their mother and I don't say they can't have soda, but we teach them about the American diet and why it's not good. They can quickly tell you why McDonalds is not very healthy or many other things. They've grown up eating whole foods and they just don't have a taste for junk or fast food, with the exception of french fries. They never ask for them, but every once in a great while we will stop and get some curly fries from Arby's, but they know it's not healthy and just an occasional treat.

Speaking as the child of a hippie, they are probably going to do the American thing at some time. However, they will be motivated to step up their game for your grandchildren. :wink:
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    like i said just wow

Lol
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I urge anyone who's trying to make a point to learn to use both the shift and apostrophe keys on their computer.
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options

Speaking as the child of a hippie, they are probably going to do the American thing at some time. However, they will be motivated to step up their game for your grandchildren. :wink:

That certainly has crossed my mind. If they want to, they want to. I just hope by the end of college they realize the benefits of a whole food diet and return to it. But it's their life at the point and they can choose whatever path they choose. Their mother's cousin raised their kids on a whole food diet and when the oldest was about 15, she went to McDonalds with friends. About an hour after finishing her quarter pounder, fries and soda, she began to throw up. Her body wasn't used to that kind of food and let her know it didn't like it. She's 19 now and has not returned to a fast food since. Her younger sister has a phobia of vomiting, after hearing what happened declared she would never go to a fast food restaurant.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    OP you really don't seem very happy.

Perhaps a nice cool glass of coke might cheer them up?
  • purplebfly
    Options
    Drinking too much water can also be bad for you
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

That certainly has crossed my mind. If they want to, they want to. I just hope by the end of college they realize the benefits of a whole food diet and return to it. But it's their life at the point and they can choose whatever path they choose. Their mother's cousin raised their kids on a whole food diet and when the oldest was about 15, she went to McDonalds with friends. About an hour after finishing her quarter pounder, fries and soda, she began to throw up. Her body wasn't used to that kind of food and let her know it didn't like it. She's 19 now and has not returned to a fast food since. Her younger sister has a phobia of vomiting, after hearing what happened declared she would never go to a fast food restaurant.

Yeah.... Sounds like the epitome of a healthy relationship with food. :noway:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

That can happen when you eat food that you are unused to (like in a foreign country).

I'm not a big fan of chicken cacciatore due to a mistimed bout of stomach flu, doesn't mean that I have an unhealthy relationship with food.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    In...

...for ALL CAPS SCAREMONGERING.

In for being ripped and happy!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

That can happen when you eat food that you are unused to (like in a foreign country).

I'm not a big fan of chicken cacciatore due to a mistimed bout of stomach flu, doesn't mean that I have an unhealthy relationship with food.

I'm aware that actual, physical adverse reactions to food exist, especially when food is unfamiliar. That said, I'm also aware that plenty of people hype up "bad food" in their minds and essentially hypochondriac themselves into adverse reactions. Quite frankly, the only reason I even questioned the mental relationship with food is because her younger sister apparently has some kind of phobia about vomiting and was willing to write off literally every fast food place due to a single, anecdotal event that her older sister had.

I'm not a big fan of breakfast sausages because once, as a child, I ate so many I made myself sick. Does that mean my sister avoids that food just because I had a less than ideal experience? ... Nope.
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bmp