50 pounds by June 1st challenge part 2

Options

Replies

• tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    So my new physical challenge is I am gonna walk/run from my house to Disneyland. It is 1,750.87 miles and I think this will be a fun thing to do. Disney is my favourite place on earth and so I thought why not icorporate this into my training. I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada if you don't know where that is, google it and see how far I have to go! I will keep you updated as to 'where i am' each week (approx 320 miles to the US border is first!)

Anyways I wanted to try to spice this up a little for myself and thought this would be neat.

If your route takes you through Missouri, you've got a place to lay your head overnight and the promise of a health breakfast to get you on your way the next day.
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    So my new physical challenge is I am gonna walk/run from my house to Disneyland. It is 1,750.87 miles and I think this will be a fun thing to do. Disney is my favourite place on earth and so I thought why not icorporate this into my training. I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada if you don't know where that is, google it and see how far I have to go! I will keep you updated as to 'where i am' each week (approx 320 miles to the US border is first!)

Anyways I wanted to try to spice this up a little for myself and thought this would be neat.

That is awesome. It never occured to me to try something like that just to keep the walking interested. It would be neat to pick a stop point and follow your trip on a map!! Good luck with it!!
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    that is a great idea. I am currently doing a Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk daily (well I intend to do it daily). Maybe I should keep track how many times i do it from now on until June and see how far I walked. Thanks for the idea. I dont think I ever would have thought to do something like this.

• bainos
    bainos Posts: 99
    Options
    Hello Everybody, how are you all doing? Well, my Monday weigh in is 269. I have not been doing well at all. But, I got the go ahead from the Doctor and I can start running again and doing other cardio exercises, so, i will definately start dropping the pounds. My motivation is way up today. Talk to you all soon.

so glad to hear you are on the up-and-up...was worried bout ya! hopefully your week goes well

Im feeling better than I have in a long time and I have told the people around me, enough is enough! I cant feel like this anymore. I finally feel like i can say NO. Like yesterday the family went to a restaurant and i showed up and ordered 6 hard boiled eggs. lmfao! The look on their faces was too much. But, hey, if thats what i have to do to feel better, Than thats the way its going to have to be. I feel great today. My shoulder is sore from all the movement but, i NEED to just keep going. Its one day at a time. Im taking it just one day at a time. Im also doing my weigh ins 2x a week. Monday morning at 6 am and Thursday Morning at 6 am. I have adjusted my diet to lose 4lbs a week. Wish me luck on that. lol.
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    /quote]
    Im feeling better than I have in a long time and I have told the people around me, enough is enough! I cant feel like this anymore. I finally feel like i can say NO. Like yesterday the family went to a restaurant and i showed up and ordered 6 hard boiled eggs. lmfao! The look on their faces was too much. But, hey, if thats what i have to do to feel better, Than thats the way its going to have to be. I feel great today. My shoulder is sore from all the movement but, i NEED to just keep going. Its one day at a time. Im taking it just one day at a time. Im also doing my weigh ins 2x a week. Monday morning at 6 am and Thursday Morning at 6 am. I have adjusted my diet to lose 4lbs a week. Wish me luck on that. lol.
    [/quote]

Glad to hear you are feeling better!!! And great job being strong while out at dinner with your family!!! You CAN do this!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    I have adjusted my diet to lose 4lbs a week. Wish me luck on that. lol.

Were a woman to say that, i would warn them off (not that it can't be done, but very hard to do on a consistent basis), but it seems that guys can and do lose weight more dramatically (grrrr lol) so wishing you luck with it, but also giving you the precautionary statement that your goal is high: don't be discouraged if you dont meet it each and every week. THe most important thing is keeping the momentum going in the right direction :)

And for the record, i gag at the idea of biting into an egg! How anyone can muscle them down is beyond me! LOLLLL!!!
  • Melisha82
    Options
    I'm totally in!!!
  • Melisha82
    Options
    How does this work by the way? Do I need to post my starting weight or do I email someone?
  • billybed
    billybed Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Here is the Dec 13 results:

Dec13.jpg

Excellent work everyone!
  • bmcgoo45
    Options
    I would like to participate. I awoke this morning to find i'd broken the 300 barrier again. I'm hoping MFP and this challenge will help me stay focused.

Good luck everyone. :)
    brian
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    YAY! Fantastic job everyone!!!

This is so my favorite time of the week...when the results are in! Thanks billybed!!! :o)
  • mcthomason
    Options
    I can't see the spreadsheet, so I don't know how everyone is doing. =0(
  • billybed
    billybed Posts: 90 Member
    Options

I can still see it, can you still not?
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options

I can still see it, can you still not?

I see it!!,
    Thanks billeybed
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kittytrix, Melisha and Brian! :o) I love this challenge. It's really helpful to have the support and encouragement of everyone here. And our fabulous Billybed to track our progress and small victories!!!
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    81.5lbs lost this week total!! WOW!!!
    WAY TO GO EVERYONE!!!!
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    YAY! Fantastic job everyone!!!

This is so my favorite time of the week...when the results are in! Thanks billybed!!! :o)

I agree!!! Great week everyone! We have another week of "easy losses" before Christmas hits, so lets double up our efforts so we head into the holidays with some momentum!!

GO 50 pounders! GO!!!! :)
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am glad i lost this time.. its going to be hard the next week with Christmas.. good luck everyone
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    we all lost 81 lbs this week...nice job everyone!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I really don't expect a lose this time but I do have a small sucess. I am in the next size smaller jeans this morning:bigsmile: