Lose 5 pounds a month December 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• allibinky
    allibinky Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody!

Had jury duty this week, so my exercise has been nearly zero. Did manage to drop a pound, but my measurements haven't changed. Looking forward to a sunny weekend so I can get outside and move!

December 1: 147
    December 6: 145
    December 13: 144
    December 20:
    December 27:
    December 31:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody!

Had jury duty this week, so my exercise has been nearly zero. Did manage to drop a pound, but my measurements haven't changed. Looking forward to a sunny weekend so I can get outside and move!

December 1: 147
    December 6: 145
    December 13: 144
    December 20:
    December 27:
    December 31:

How (not) funny I have jury duty too but my next date to appear isn't until after the Christmas thank heavens....

Heading to the YMCA--will get a much needed workout in...I am missing running outdoors though...REALLY bad!!...Hope everyone is ready for the weekend...couple Christmas parties later so I will try to be good....have a GREAT day all....

Oh, and Bru glad you are enjoying the membership, know what you mean about not using it as much if it wasn't a week free , but proud of you for taking full advantage of the time and hoping you get the funds (maybe from Santa??)
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    HI, Jennplus2 very well done, i'm impressed ......missing out on yummy lunch, you so deserve to lose this week!!! I was thrilled yesterday to be back at goal weight of 119 pounds Yeyyyyy but then I went out for a meal last night and the scales have gone up by 3 pounds thismorning :noway: but its my Birthday today :happy: so i'm not going to worry as i'm going out to lunch in a minute and out again for another meal tonight so by tomorrow it will be up some more :sad:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARTY!!! Enjoy your day!! :flowerforyou:
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    ARGHHHH I FEEL SO ILL -.- so far december has not been good to me...i have not lost any weight since the middle of november :sad: but!!!! im not going to let that stop me :laugh: by the new year i'll have a new goal and will start afresh (Y)
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barty!!!

No loss again this week. :cry: I am still thinking it might be muscle, I am at the same weight even though I have been REALLY good. But now with the holidays coming up so fast I hope to just not gain!
    Hope everyone else did well on the scale.

Truffles better stay out of my way!!! :angry:
  • timbotina
    Options
    Morning all.....hope you are planning some great activities for the weekend...only 6 days left til Christmas...hope I didn't scare anyone...Have a great day all....:flowerforyou:
  • etta67
    Options
    Same weight today as the start of this month. Hope Santa brings me a new scale and tape measure for Christmas. lol
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday friends!

I cleaned up today before breakfast and then got on the scale to see a loss! 149! The lost was a little less than a pound. But the funny thing is that yesturday I got lots of yummy little gifts for the girls at the school. Cookies, truffles, toffee, more cookies, and I thought that I would pick the one I really wanted the most and give the rest away. To the man downstairs, to my kids and boyfriend, co-workers, anyone who will take em! But anyway I chose to eat a homemade chocolate toffee with almonds. IT WAS SO GOOD! But the day after I logged the extra 850 calories I had a loss on the scale that has been fairly stuck the last two weeks? WTF?
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Many thanks to you all for my Birthday Wishes, I had a great day and far too much food and drink! + today I have been eating the candy and cookies that were given to me :sad: I soooo meant to give them away :laugh: so the scales will be up again tomorrow! 119 pounds on Thursday morning..122 pounds on Friday morning...123 pounds on Saturday morning HELP! lol
  • timbotina
    Options
    Not sore today after snowboarding and my hike back up 1/2 the hill carrying a little girl....HA!! Going to take today off, baking cookies is my plan (baking , not eating ....the plan) I keep telling myself!!....Hope you are all enjoying the weekend...:flowerforyou:
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Did some awesome covert Christmas shopping yesterday (BIG shout out to the guy working the video game department in Target last night!!). On the way home decided to hit one last spot, a consignment type store right off OSU campus. It's kind of a trendy pllace and I've never been in there before but I've been struggling with the NYE dress thing, so what can it hurt, right? I ended up buying an pretty little black dress, that still has the original tags on it... for $16!! :love: Spending today finishing the tree & hanging out with my little one.
    Hope everybody is having a fabulous productive weekend!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Dec 1: 142
    Dec 7: 142.25
    Dec 13: 138.6
    Dec 19: 141.75

Hey guys. I've started logging food again. I'm back up to 141, zooming towards 142 fast. *lol* Tomorrow I'm going to start exercising again and getting back to eating right. I think I've consumed more butter and sugar in the last week than I've had a whole two months previous. I really hope I can work back down past 140 again before Christmas.

Today is the last day of moving. I hate moving!!! I spent an hour trying on clothes to see what to box with what. I'm going to have to either store or get rid of a bunch of clothes. Since a lot of them are really ugly, I think I know which one I'd rather do.
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone : ) Im still maintaining at 164 but oh well at least im not gaining, But I was really hoping to get into the 150s this month before the new year but im almost positive thats not going to happen. But in January im going to get my weight loss back in gear.
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hey so i just went and calculated my BMI And i realized that It has just barely dropped below 30 which is the obese catagory and is now into the overweight catagory : ) Yay!! Now I just need to get into the Normal range lol : ) yay for really tiny but awesome successes
  • etta67
    Options
    I am in a holding pattern. Staying the same and no loss yet

December 1: 140
    December 6: 140
    December 13: 140
    December 20: 140
    December 27:
    December 31::
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    12/01- 168.2
    12/06- 168.0
    12/13- 165.2
    12/20- 164.4

Down 0.8 this week, 3.8 so far for the month.

55tolose- Congrats!! That's exciting!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Well, I survived the 2 Christmas parties this weekend with no damage. Stayed under my calories and the only thing I ate that was on my no-no list was 2 bites of warm, delicious chocolate cake. :happy:

Well, this is the final countdown until Christmas and I have a million things to do, as I'm sure the rest of you do too. The most time consuming thing is to make 4 dozen cake pops for a friend. Why did I agree to do that? :noway: Too much to do and too little time.

Well, here's my weekly check-in. I have to say I am so proud of myself this month. I really thought this month was going to be a bust but I've been very diligent with keeping track of my calories. I'm sure I'll show a gain next week but my goal is still to make the 5 lb challenge.

Dec 1 - 194.8
    Dec 6 - 192.0
    Dec 13 - 188.8
    Dec 20 - 187.2

Loss of 7.6 for this month so far. Let's see what I end up with on Dec 31st.

Have a great week everybody and have a blessed holiday season.
  • dvanrose
    dvanrose Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    55tolose - Great job! Every little win is a victory! So many people doing so awesome:tongue:

Stay strong during the holidays - there's chocolate everywhere and it's haunting me:sad:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot to post last week... Lot's of family issues right now...
    Dec 1st 201.6
    Dec 3rd 197.6
    Dec 10th 197.4
    Dec 17th 197.4
    Dec 24th
    Dec 31st