Why does everyone hate me? The forum Survival Guide.

Options

Replies

• DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you typed all that. Hell, I can't believe I read all that. Good job.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Your totally welcome guys... just getting tired of woe is me threads from the person with 5 posts. Get to know a place before you cry wolf.

That is all. =D

WOW

Sarcasm... or a victim of everything I just wrote? If the latter I have a solution for you. Step one, remove keyboard from computer and melt with fire. Step two, continue browsing the internet. Your problem is solved, your welcome.

Have a great day!

for me its neither. but you can always do the same when you see the woe is me posts too.
    problem solved too.

wait , you are saying ignore posts that you do no like….

then…why..are..you..here…???????

She said she gets tired. I said she can ignore them.
    Does that answer your question??????????

no, because you are doing what you are complaining about….irony is ironic….

I think you mean hypocrisy - Irony is different.

But then that being said I do not think she is saying she is tired of these posts so - not hypocrisy.

it is early and I have only had one cup of coffee…

amusing would be a better word.

It's later here and I've had lots of coffee. :smile:
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    6854sn.gif

I really have a problem with you posting gifs of my future husband on the internet..

Well what about your current one then?

tumblr_inline_mnwjqcrhs21qz4rgp.png
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I do agree with you. Especially where the internet in general is concerned - MFP is tame in comparison.

However :happy:

Maybe I am just on my own here - hope not! But, I have probably learned my most valuables lesson in life, not just diet stuff, from being wrong.
    Sometimes, being right is just too easy for it to be valued.

If telling people what is right is all that was needed life would be easy indeed...and boring. And raising my own children would become a breeze! And MFP would no longer be needed!

I am actually not that ok with people being shouted down on here. Mostly because I have faith in people and think that they will eventually find their way. They will eventually realise that what they are doing is not working. That's not to say they shouldn't be pointed in the right direction - even bluntly told.

But, one cover-all post for 'Don't ask coz you're doing it wrong' or being shouted down for doing something that's not prescribed by the MFP forum posters isn't going to help. It's just going to make them stop posting, think that MFP isn't the right place for them and shut them down.

Some people on here have giving advice down in a really good way. They'll say - have a look at this, have you considered that etc give them links and wish them well, others get their knickers in a twist if they see something 'not right'.

As I said, I agree with you, your post says much truth and the internet can be harsh. But, as I said above, one cover-all post isn't gonna do it and people need to learn in their own ways - sometimes that will be from being wrong.

I agree with this...and while I agree with the point the OP is making, the post is pretty snarky and condescending. I would not be ok with it being stickied or making every noobie read it. I know I'm pretty new to these forums so my opinion might not matter as much as the veterans of the site, but that's not the tone I would want to set for new people. If this was the first thing I read when joining I probably would have found another site because I would be too afraid to make another post because they've "seen it all before". I'd be all for a snark free version being made stickied. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • mkcolombia
    mkcolombia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump
  • alexlove31
    alexlove31 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    agree
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Your totally welcome guys... just getting tired of woe is me threads from the person with 5 posts. Get to know a place before you cry wolf.

That is all. =D

WOW

Sarcasm... or a victim of everything I just wrote? If the latter I have a solution for you. Step one, remove keyboard from computer and melt with fire. Step two, continue browsing the internet. Your problem is solved, your welcome.

Have a great day!

Smh. Wow

My original wow was in awe of what you wrote.

My latter wow is because you made yourself sound ridiculous by jumping to a conclusion with my one word response. Overall original good post but I'm no longer following after that nonsense. God bless ya!

But you misplace your judgement ma'am or sir (sorry not interested enough to check gender) That said? I provided two options, one being possible sarcasm (which I held no ill will toward) the other questioning the definition of your wow and the solution if if was in defense of the "meany" threads. Simply responding, I jumped to no conclusion but inquired your meaning. That said? My world won't change with out you in it, but thanks for the heads up...I guess? Peace! *blink*
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Chickpeas are only the answer to everything after they've been made into hummus and felafels.

true story
  • nikkihk
    Options
    I agree with this...and while I agree with the point the OP is making, the post is pretty snarky and condescending. I would not be ok with it being stickied or making every noobie read it. I know I'm pretty new to these forums so my opinion might not matter as much as the veterans of the site, but that's not the tone I would want to set for new people. If this was the first thing I read when joining I probably would have found another site because I would be too afraid to make another post because they've "seen it all before". I'd be all for a snark free version being made stickied. smile flowerforyou

Snark? No no my dear.. humor. If you can't have any humor in life? It's not worth living.... And if they can't handle my post? How the heck will they deal with the exact topic issue I'm addressing? I think you've missed the point here.

=/
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Great post and I like how it was written. Alot of people probably won't follow it though, and so the entertainment will continue. :laugh:
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Another statement...I came here for support and information. I have found both. If you post here, come with a open mind. It's called life. If your feelings are hurt, a lot of times it's because some people come across with statements that really are not meant to hurt but help. Just my opinion. Toughen up and focus more on your diet and info that will help. Find supportive friends and listen to what they have to say. Best to you...
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Damn! Who knew? Good advice :laugh:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Anyone who thinks MFP is really unbearably mean clearly hasn't seen too much of the internet.... The meanest people on MFP are like a breath of springtime air compared to a lot of places online.

So true. I came here after being on a wedding forum. It was shocking how nice it was here. I'd read a post, expect people to pounce and instead found helpful answers, funny gifs and a few jokes.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I do agree with you. Especially where the internet in general is concerned - MFP is tame in comparison.

Maybe I am just on my own here - hope not! But, I have probably learned my most valuables lesson in life, not just diet stuff, from being wrong.

If telling people what is right is all that was needed life would be easy indeed...and boring. And raising my own children would become a breeze! And MFP would no longer be needed!

I am actually not that ok with people being shouted down on here. Mostly because I have faith in people and think that they will eventually find their way. They will eventually realise that what they are doing is not working. That's not to say they shouldn't be pointed in the right direction - even bluntly told.

But, one cover-all post for 'Don't ask coz you're doing it wrong' or being shouted down for doing something that's not prescribed by the MFP forum posters isn't going to help. It's just going to make them stop posting, think that MFP isn't the right place for them and shut them down.

Some people on here have giving advice down in a really good way. They'll say - have a look at this, have you considered that etc give them links and wish them well, others get their knickers in a twist if they see something 'not right'.

As I said, I agree with you, your post says much truth and the internet can be harsh. But, as I said above, one cover-all post isn't gonna do it and people need to learn in their own ways - sometimes that will be from being wrong.

I agree with this...and while I agree with the point the OP is making, the post is pretty snarky and condescending. I would not be ok with it being stickied or making every noobie read it. I know I'm pretty new to these forums so my opinion might not matter as much as the veterans of the site, but that's not the tone I would want to set for new people. If this was the first thing I read when joining I probably would have found another site because I would be too afraid to make another post because they've "seen it all before". I'd be all for a snark free version being made stickied. :smile: :flowerforyou:

original post was fine ...

maybe you need to re-read it ...

We all need a little snark/humor in our lives...so lighten up ...
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Great post & i'm not a morning person so i'm double impressed that someone wrote something this meaningful before 5AM!

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

That is all. =D

WOW

Have a great day!

Smh. Wow

My original wow was in awe of what you wrote.

My latter wow is because you made yourself sound ridiculous by jumping to a conclusion with my one word response. Overall original good post but I'm no longer following after that nonsense. God bless ya!

But you misplace your judgement ma'am or sir (sorry not interested enough to check gender) That said? I provided two options, one being possible sarcasm (which I held no ill will toward) the other questioning the definition of your wow and the solution if if was in defense of the "meany" threads. Simply responding, I jumped to no conclusion but inquired your meaning. That said? My world won't change with out you in it, but thanks for the heads up...I guess? Peace! *blink*

Over sensitive me thinks!!!

I would suggest reading the OP's thread from the top.
  • nikkihk
    Options
    Awesome! I don't know how you get things made "sticky", but this one should be...needs a little grammar and spelling editing though. Don't take offense, just trying to help! :wink: :flowerforyou:

Looks at the clock.... Girl, it was like 4:30 am when I wrote that, which is roughly half past the loss of the English vernacular and 4 hours away from a the now 26 hour involuntary insomniac video editing marathon I'm currently experiencing. Grammar or spelling is the LAST thing I'm thinking about right now. You're lucky I could see the screen well enough to press "Post Topic". ;D
  • nikkihk
    Options

original post was fine ...

maybe you need to re-read it ...

We all need a little snark/humor in our lives...so lighten up ...

^^^ And this. =D
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I don't know how you get things made "sticky", but this one should be...needs a little grammar and spelling editing though. Don't take offense, just trying to help! :wink: :flowerforyou:

Looks at the clock.... Girl, it was like 4:30 am when I wrote that, which is roughly half past the loss of the English vernacular and 4 hours away from a the now 26 hour involuntary insomniac video editing marathon I'm currently experiencing. Grammar or spelling is the LAST thing I'm thinking about right now. You're lucky I could see the screen well enough to press "Post Topic". ;D

Oh, I get it. I am not immune to spelling and grammar mistakes, far from it. Just saying it needs to be cleaned up a bit before become a sticky, especially since a lot of people get called out on their posts for similar mistakes.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Oh, I get it. I am not immune to spelling and grammar mistakes, far from it. Just saying it needs to be cleaned up a bit before become a sticky, especially since a lot of people get called out on their posts for similar mistakes.

Calling out spelling/grammar mistakes is actually against the Community Guidelines.

Just putting that out there.
This discussion has been closed.