Why does everyone hate me? The forum Survival Guide.

Options

Replies

• wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Thank You OP!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Tagging so that I can refer future people.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I don't know how you get things made "sticky", but this one should be...needs a little grammar and spelling editing though. Don't take offense, just trying to help! :wink: :flowerforyou:

Looks at the clock.... Girl, it was like 4:30 am when I wrote that, which is roughly half past the loss of the English vernacular and 4 hours away from a the now 26 hour involuntary insomniac video editing marathon I'm currently experiencing. Grammar or spelling is the LAST thing I'm thinking about right now. You're lucky I could see the screen well enough to press "Post Topic". ;D

Oh, I get it. I am not immune to spelling and grammar mistakes, far from it. Just saying it needs to be cleaned up a bit before become a sticky, especially since a lot of people get called out on their posts for similar mistakes.

LOL.. I couldn't even type my reply to you without fumbles. I sincerely need to go to bed. Wow.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Calling out spelling/grammar mistakes is actually against the Community Guidelines.

Just putting that out there.

Well hot damn?! I didn't know that, but at the same time I never correct people anyway (especially publicly)... not my style. Not to mention that in most forums people are talking candidly with each other, we aren't writing dissertations or legal paperwork. I'd feel like an *kitten* if I felt compelled to be "that guy".
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Calling out spelling/grammar mistakes is actually against the Community Guidelines.

Well hot damn?! I didn't know that, but at the same time I never correct people anyway (especially publicly)... not my style. Not to mention that in most forums people are talking candidly with each other, we aren't writing dissertations or legal paperwork. I'd feel like an *kitten* if I felt compelled to be "that guy".

I'm all about the CG (all hail).

I gotta know the rules so I can get away with skirting them, lol
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Well said!! :drinker:
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    good post....bumping for my feed so more can read!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Hot damn OP! Nicely done!

tumblr_m1my6unWMC1r3a9fdo1_500.gif
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Nice concept.

[nitpick]"You're" - contraction indicating 'you are;' "your" - indicative of possession.[/nitpick]
    And than/then and about 500 other things.:wink:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    This should be a sticky!!
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m9jhqgpics1rtwazuo1_500.gif

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    f3e3f846b7eaf30ad45e6ddfd244312e.jpg
    I was looking for this gif! It would have been perfect a few days ago. :laugh:
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I don't know how you get things made "sticky", but this one should be...needs a little grammar and spelling editing though. Don't take offense, just trying to help! :wink: :flowerforyou:

Looks at the clock.... Girl, it was like 4:30 am when I wrote that, which is roughly half past the loss of the English vernacular and 4 hours away from a the now 26 hour involuntary insomniac video editing marathon I'm currently experiencing. Grammar or spelling is the LAST thing I'm thinking about right now. You're lucky I could see the screen well enough to press "Post Topic". ;D

Oh, I get it. I am not immune to spelling and grammar mistakes, far from it. Just saying it needs to be cleaned up a bit before become a sticky, especially since a lot of people get called out on their posts for similar mistakes.

Huh, I didn't know that. You see quite a bit of it on the boards, especially put in less-than-kind terms. Sorry, no offense meant, just think its important in getting one's point across in a post that is intended for a large audience.
  • morethenjustmum
    morethenjustmum Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fluffyfour
    fluffyfour Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    As someone with very few posts, I'd like to say that's because I read lots (as you advise), not because I have spurious ideas on diet and nutrition! :)
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you get things made "sticky", but this one should be...needs a little grammar and spelling editing though. Don't take offense, just trying to help! :wink: :flowerforyou:

:laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker: :laugh: :laugh:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Van-Der-Beek-High-Five-GIF.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Huh, I didn't know that. You see quite a bit of it on the boards, especially put in less-than-kind terms. Sorry, no offense meant, just think its important in getting one's point across in a post that is intended for a large audience.

LOL it is an MFP thread, not a book that is going into publication ...
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Awesome post.
This discussion has been closed.