NSV - Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I measured myself last night...I had done my initial measurements almost 4 weeks ago. I lost 2.5" :) The jeans that had been just a little tight actually fit me and I am wearing them today :)
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Today I got up ready to workout! My only issue was that it was still 1 am, oops. I went back to bed and once I got up the second time it would have been way 2 easy to just stay in bed and get an extra hour of sleep. I was so sleepy and cold and I was really close to going back to my warm bed. BUT I didn't. My NSV is that I did get up to do my workout and now I feel so great that I did it.

Last weeks NSV: I went out to eat with my boyfriend, our two kids and his mom. Before we left I looked up the meal I was going to get, changed my mind after looking at the calories and picked something that I liked that would fit into the day's calorie limit better. It felt really good to stay on my plan and be able to go out and have a nice dinner and spend some time with the family.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    NSV: My little black dress is too big!!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    NSV: My little black dress is too big!!!

...priceless.
  • jeesa
    jeesa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My NSV is since I've become more active over this past month my feet don't hurt as much. I actually had to quit a job because my feet hurt so bad for over a year. It's a huge relief and makes me want to do more!
  • cjusticeg
    cjusticeg Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I joined a gym, and have been going 5-6 times a week. I have also cut my calories to 1200-1500 a day.
  • Heidi716
    Heidi716 Posts: 135
    Options
    I'm at work today and I am wearing my size 10 jeans. Their pretty tight, slight muffin top but nothing a lycra tank can't disguise. I'm so excited, there are so many more clothes in my closet that I can't wait to shrink into! :flowerforyou:
  • songofserenity81
    songofserenity81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    :) having to borrow a size O ring from my mother-in-law to wear to keep from losing my size T wedding band, and with each day finding the O is that little bit looser as well :). Have promised myself a new set once targtet reached, may even make a big event of it and combine with wedding anniversary and get them blessed.....lol if I can persuade my other half to agree.

wonderful thread a continuing source of inspiration
  • cjduckie
    cjduckie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Loving the fact that I can wear sexy heels again 1) without looking (and feeling) completely top heavy and 2) without the incredible pain caused by the pressure of my sheer weight on my poor feet :laugh:
  • junebug523
    Options
    When I started MFP I could run for about 2 minutes at a stretch, before feeling like I was going to die. Now, I can run for 70 minutes straight, and think, "wow, I could keep going, but I have things to do, so guess I'll stop now". I never thought this would be me (but I'm so happy it is)!
  • ZebraGlee78
    ZebraGlee78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    NSV: I met my husband today for lunch at Bill Miller's (BBQ chain in Texas). Before I went, I looked up the nutritional value of the food and knew what I was going to order:

BBQ Turkey
    Green beans (not very good, but filling)
    Potato salad (yes, potato salad, I knew the Turkey and green beans wouldn't be enough to fill me (and I had forgotten food to snack on during the day --veggies--), so the potato salad was the least evil choice (oh how I wanted those hashbrowns)!

I also...and THIS IS BIG...didn't order sweet tea. I always order sweet tea or (until October 26th) a soda, and I got unsweetened tea instead. I'm hoping to change my taste buds eventually. Tea was okay, I drank about half of it, but who cares, it was 0 calories!
  • ZebraGlee78
    Options
    Another NSV!

My husband and I went to my grandmothers for dinner last night, and while it was good, I had the sneaking suspicion that it was calorie-laden, yet I helped myself to a second serving (not my NSV). So I asked her for the recipe, she showed it to me, and I took a picture with my iphone, and then used my iphone app for myfitnesspal to enter in the recipe. YIKES! 1300 calorie dinner, I was over my calories for the day by 670 points! Yikes. We got home about 0900, and I sprinted off to the gym even though I had a lot to do AND was exhausted. I burned 900 calories in just over an hour! I was a girl on a mission to not have a negative calorie bank! So it wasn't +500 like I'd wanted, but wayyy better than -670!

The recipe was delicious btw, Chicken extravaganza. I am going to make some healthy modifications to the recipe and eat it again.

Funny thing is, this was "healthy" for my grandma. I had told her that my husband and I were trying to eat healthier, so no bleached products (I figured this would elimate a lot of her calorie-laden recipies), but she managed to find one that called for long grain and wild rice, mayonnaise and cheddar cheese at the same time....oh well. At least with the coffee she served soymilk for creamer, and splenda for sugar (not as good as ideal or stevia, but oh well).

And speaking of Ideal (natural sugar substitute), I bought a bag yesterday and used it to sweeten my tea this morning!
  • navstar
    navstar Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    my shoe size has dropped to a uk 5 so i can wear all them shoes at the back of my wardrobe (not worn for about 4 years!), i haven't worn heels in ages so will have to practice first!!
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I climbed 11 flights of stairs without stopping to get to my office this week, a huge improvement for me.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was able to take off my jeans w/o unbuttoning and unzipping them.............guess they're too big now!
  • sinks
    sinks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Went to the Chinese buffet yesterday for the work Christmas party and ate amazingly healthy. Lots of raw fruits and veggies and sushi! I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and didn't even look at the deep fried selection. I didn't want it, I don't want it. My brain has changed I look at food for how it will make me feel as well as how it tastes. And frankly, the good food tastes way better to me now too. Who knew that it would happen that the whole "lifestyle change" actually would kick in?
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of size 14 pants for work. I was in a 26 when I started my journey. And I wore my nice wool jacket from last year to the xmas party for work on tuesday, and its HUGE!!!!!!! Could barley wear it at all. Gave it to my mother in law. :)
  • caschw
    caschw Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The scale has been stuck for some time but I work out 5 days a week . I went Christmas shopping the other night and found a pr. of black pants that were a size smaller than I've been wearing but I thought I'm going to try them for the heck of it and OMG they fit. I was so excited! They were snug but I really like them and my goal is to have them a little loose. They are my inspiration pants.
  • ZebraGlee78
    Options
    My cousin left some of her Hooters clothes at my house, and doesn't need them anymore, so I am going to use them as my before and after pictures. I look disgusting right now, but my goal is to look hot in those clothes. My NSV is that I can even get them on, they're stretchy pants (practically underwear). Total muffin top right now, but not always!
  • nebraskadan
    Options
    Last night, my flag football team won our league championship after going 7-0 during the season. I played the entire season for the entire 60 minute games, and didn't get tired. It seems lame, but I feel fantastic this morning.

Forget the weight loss, being able grab a little sneaky QB's flag after running him down from behind is the most rewarding thing that's happened to me physically in a while.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!