A LADY WHO LIFTS - 1 year of progress! (pics)

Options

Replies

• runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Reading NROLFW currently and can't wait to put it all into practice!!! You are a beautiful strong lady, keep up inspiring others into stepping into the weight room!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Damn! Good job!
  • Judyls6
    Judyls6 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!! Great job!
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! :smile:
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Wow I know this topic was posted last year and i'm glad it was bumped to the top as I didn't see it then, what an incredible transformation, such inspiration! :)
  • VeronicaG2B
    VeronicaG2B Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! Lifting really makes a difference.
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    What a great testimony! You look beautiful!
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Now i HAVE to start lifting! Great inspiration! Well done.
  • Donna___
    Donna___ Posts: 12
    Options
    You look great!
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job!
  • pusheen12
    pusheen12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Great results for sure. My nutritionist told me not to have that much protein as it can lead to gout. You might want to check into it.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I recently started "lifting heavy" (actual heavy lifters would laugh at me for saying that) with the help and advice of an actual honest-to-goodness professional weightlifter and a bodybuilding app. My friend swears I can get good results - if they're 1/2 as good as yours, OP, I'll be thrilled witless. Thanks for the encouragement.

:drinker:
  • missmeee
    missmeee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Looking great! But you have the body type to not be bulky, others like me that are big boned tend to look bulky when we lift weights
  • marybowldseddington
    marybowldseddington Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just curious about why not 5x5 now and doing the split?
    Can 5x5 alone get good results?
    I just started it at the beginning of march mostly because I hate cardio but not sure if SL alone with good diet can get weightloss of around 20 lbs while building muscle.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Aw thanks so much everyone! @the nutritionist's comment, don't worry I have done a lot of research on my macro intake and it's been 2 years, I'm good!

I recently started "lifting heavy" (actual heavy lifters would laugh at me for saying that) with the help and advice of an actual honest-to-goodness professional weightlifter and a bodybuilding app. My friend swears I can get good results - if they're 1/2 as good as yours, OP, I'll be thrilled witless. Thanks for the encouragement.

:drinker:

You definitely will see great results! And don't worry, everyone starts somewhere (aka the beginning :P) with lifting, and you'll progress pretty quickly especially if you have a trainer helping you!
    Looking great! But you have the body type to not be bulky, others like me that are big boned tend to look bulky when we lift weights

Everyone's definition of bulky is different, and there is no such thing as being big boned. Sorry but that's an excuse people tell themselves thinking they can't lose the weight they want to lose. You can if you put your mind to it! If you lose the body fat you have and do gain muscle, you will not look bulky. But it also depends what you call bulky, some people may call me bulky, it's a personal preference.
    Just curious about why not 5x5 now and doing the split?
    Can 5x5 alone get good results?
    I just started it at the beginning of march mostly because I hate cardio but not sure if SL alone with good diet can get weightloss of around 20 lbs while building muscle.

I got bored of SL 5x5 after about a year, so I started adding accessory lifts. I've since started following various programs that incorporate big lifts and accessory lifts, and also design my own workouts sometimes. Plus accessory lifts can help you strengthen weak parts of the body.

SL + good diet can DEFINITELY help you build muscle and lose fat. You can't actively build more than a couple lbs of newbie gains of muscle when you are losing fat, but you will lose inches and tighten up. I also hate cardio so I only do it once in a while. Just trust the process! It will take time, probably 6-12 months to lose 20 lbs and tighten up. I've been lifting for 2 years and I still am not where I want ot be, everyhting is a constant work in progress! Good luck!

Thanks everyone for the sweet comments, Maybe I'll post an update on my progress now that it's been over another year!

Feel free to follow my fitness instagram, @fit_ky to see my progress :)
  • k1431
    k1431 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! I just read all 16 pages of this thread & I want to thank you for answering all of these questions.

I will start by reading New Rules as you suggest, and then I am going to begin lifting!
  • Calfuray
    Calfuray Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look sensational, and strong! Very envious and inspired.

Can I ask a question?
    I read your previous posts about eating near to maintenance when you are lifting, but what if you have a lot of weight to lose? I'm on 1600 just now, my goal weight is literally half of my starting weight, so I have a long way to go! Would it be okay to eat at more of a deficit?
  • lenore304
    lenore304 Posts: 17
    Options
    Awesome! Muscles FTW!
  • miniimuscles
    miniimuscles Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Yay for ladies lifting heavy!
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You are beautiful and strong!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!