Dear random old people...

Options

Replies

• RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    Dear random young people,

One day YOU will BE a random old person.

I hope you are treated well.
    I do hope you don't feel parents not wanting you to randomly touch their children is some how not treating you well.

We don't know what your hygiene is like, or if you have used hand creams that our kids may be allergic to, or if you are carrying an illness you may pass to them.

It is out of consern for our kids that we ask this not because we want to treat you unkindly. Intact random touching of my children will be you creatng an environment tha invites unkind treatment.

Soooo you want to be treated well keep your hands off my kids.
  • valtiemann
    valtiemann Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dear random young parents. Don't worry.
    Now that my kid's grown, I don't WANT to touch germ-y babies and kids.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Seriously, am I the only person here whose children haven't been mauled by old ppl? My kids are adorable and are frequently commented on by older folk, but they don't just walk up to them and start touching them- they ooh and ah and go-go over them, but they don't touch. I honestly can't recall it ever happening. Nor did anyone I did not know touch my belly when I was pregnant. Maybe I just give off a vibe or something...

:drinker:
  • simona815
    simona815 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Where the hell do you people live????
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Has everyone always been this jaded or is it media coverage of kidnappings, etc that has made people this adverse to strangers?
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    this is so dumb

let old people touch your babies
    they are from a different time

a time with out MFP and FB where people actually had to TALK to each other for realz

and every baby born was covetted and cherished by the community, hence the touching of bellies and babies

young people GTFU seriously

have some respect for older people and teach your kids the same. Your babies arent going to catch the plague from a kiss or cheek pinch of an older person. My gawd.

here here
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    this is so dumb

a time with out MFP and FB where people actually had to TALK to each other for realz

and every baby born was covetted and cherished by the community, hence the touching of bellies and babies

have some respect for older people and teach your kids the same. Your babies arent going to catch the plague from a kiss or cheek pinch of an older person. My gawd.

here here
    Do you eat peanut butter, shell fish, use hand creams with coco or Shea butter in them? If so don't touch my kids because your simple touch may sent us rushing to the hospital where I will have to watch a baby stuck with IV lines filled with steroids to save his life.

This is not harmless!
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Standing in line at the grocery store many years ago, a woman in line suddenly put her finger in my baby daughter's mouth because she was teething and fussy. Totally freaked me out.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Seriously, am I the only person here whose children haven't been mauled by old ppl? My kids are adorable and are frequently commented on by older folk, but they don't just walk up to them and start touching them- they ooh and ah and go-go over them, but they don't touch. I honestly can't recall it ever happening. Nor did anyone I did not know touch my belly when I was pregnant. Maybe I just give off a vibe or something...

You and me BOTH!... I find this whole thing just weird and glad it didn't happen to me.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    this is so dumb

Sorry, but I don't live in that world. Seriously, don't touch my kids. Most people seem to have boundaries and understand that touching strangers isn't commonly accepted here in 2014. I truly worry about those who think it's okay, because I start to question their intentions and overall judgment. Next up, pinching random girls' *kitten* because they're so damn adorable . . .
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    or if you have used hand creams that our kids may be allergic to

Another modern day parent fear. Allergies. Every kid seems to be allergic to 10,000 different things. Either that or their parents want to tell people how many things their kids are allergic to because it makes their kid just a little bit special up front. My fiance's nephew's school has a special allergy class (no, seriously) for kids with allergies. Hearing the moms of allergy kids parents talk you can tell their practically in competition to find the most exotic allergy. When I have kids I've already decided he's allergic to most paper towels except some uber expensive ones made from angel tears and gluten free rain forest trees.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

You and me BOTH!... I find this whole thing just weird and glad it didn't happen to me.

This only happened to us regularly when we were living abroad. Now that we're back in the US, even here in the South, it hasn't happened much, if at I all
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    this is so dumb

Sorry, but I don't live in that world. Seriously, don't touch my kids. Most people seem to have boundaries and understand that touching strangers isn't commonly accepted here in 2014. I truly worry about those who think it's okay, because I start to question their intentions and overall judgment. Next up, pinching random girls' *kitten* because they're so damn adorable . . .

Next up random red herring.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    This makes me sad. I loved seeing the way my son could light up people's faces when he was a baby.
    Yes, there were times when I was in a hurry or didn't want to be bothered sharing his cuteness. but for the most part I enjoyed they way an old lady would perk up be peeking in the stroller and seeing him smile.

Very rarely did anyone actually touch him, but I didn't spray him down with lysol if they did or scold an elderly person for being friendly.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Either that or their parents want to tell people how many things their kids are allergic to because it makes their kid just a little bit special up front.

Seriously? :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
This discussion has been closed.