How do you make plain non-fat Greek yogurt taste good?

Options

Replies

• JulieE1002
    JulieE1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I mix it with fresh blueberries, strawberries and a banana and top with 1/2 cup of grape nuts. The grape nuts are a bargain for the calories - full of iron, B vitamins and fiber. It helps to keep me full.
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    Honey/Stevia/Vanilla or Chocolate Protein Powder/Frozen Fruits/Nuts?

I prefer frozen fruit and Vanilla Protein Powder - it adds the right amount of sweetness and texture.
  • CherBear1958
    CherBear1958 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I mix with fruit, use as dips with herbs, spices, as sour cream, I also use in smoothies with nonfat milk, fruit,, and other flavours.
  • JBashkoff
    JBashkoff Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sugar free maple syrup and cinnamon. Could add bananas or nuts to this too. Also good in cottage cheese.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I use it to weigh the bottom of my trash can down and I eat something else instead.
  • Dalker
    Dalker Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Some frozen berries, and a splash of maple syrup. Pop it in the microwave for 40s and it makes a nice hot fruit sauce. The hot cold contrast is really nice.
  • ElizabethElane
    ElizabethElane Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Add fruits such as strawberries or maybe even. Low calorie whopped cream with some granola on top

I recommend peaches, strawberries, or blueberries ^^
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    This week I added 1/5 package of sugar free jello package - cheesecake flavor, to 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt, stirred it in with a half a stevia packet, and dipped strawberries in it. Sweet fix, fruit, and protein, WINNING!
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • sassyfrass9
    sassyfrass9 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    1 tablespoon nutella, 1 cup plain greek yogurt, 1 cup fruit of choice (I use blueberries, blackberries, bananas, or strawberries or any combo of those) :)
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I actually use the 2 percent but I mix in one serving with two servings of steel cut oats and thats how I eat my oatmeal.
  • antthony14282
    antthony14282 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Polaner Strawberry Sugar Free Preserves With Fiber, 13.5 oz
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I just made a recipe for a chipolte cream to go on roasted veggies, but I used it on a chicken sandwich too.

1 cup plain greek yogurt, 1-2 chipolte peppers finely diced, some of the adobo sauce, squeezed half a lime juice and a tablespoon of honey. yummy
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I buy it for the purpose of replacing sour cream - if I want a flavoured greek yogurt I buy those - but you could add some fruit and toasted slivered almonds to it.
  • kezwbatay
    kezwbatay Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I add it to a can of chickpeas, tahini, garlic and lemon juice...whizz it all together and it's a really tasty low fat hummus!
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    I'm in love with this thread!

I eat Fage 2% almost every morning. I chop up a small apple or a banana and then mix in the Peanut Butter cereal crunchies that Kind makes. Sooooo good.

I am adding some of the ideas on this list to my grocery shopping!

Also.. Bacon... LOL!
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup plain yogurt
    2 tbs sugar free instant pudding mix (flavor of your choice....I like banana cream, chocolate and cheesecake)
    2 tbs milk (I use soy milk...but any kind you have works well)

whisk/stir all ingredients together and you have a great, protein packed pudding. (and it is quick and easy to throw together when you are having a late night snack attack)

Sometimes I will put a little whipped cream on it as well....yum
  • michelleneli
    michelleneli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump:smile:
  • barwwd
    barwwd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have a chocolate banana smoothie with it every day for lunch! 200 cals.

1 banana
    1/2 cup greek yogurt
    1 spoonful of hersheys cocoa powder (dark chocolate is my favorite)
    splash of toroni chocolate syrup (sugar free; can get it at world market or online)
    10 ice cubes

Blend.

Bliss.
  • vtchica23
    vtchica23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Saratoga Olive oil has this wonderful cranberry pear balsamic vinegar that goes really well with plain yogurt. Check them out. They have a ton of infused oils and vinegars. Best thing about the vinegar, practically zero cals :)