A few things no one would guess by your appearance

Options

Replies

• EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm a Chicago Cubs fan as well. Seriously.

you dont look like a masochist

I know, right. Maybe I should've posted that I'm a masochist first.

I'm an Orioles fan. I can relate.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    My political views, and my views about money. Sometimes my background. Sometimes my ethnicity.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Indians. I beat you all.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Most people don't believe I'm 24, they think I'm 14...I got IDed in the mall before because I got a few feet from my fiance. We were looking at one of those jewlery counters(sometimes they have cool stuff to look at) and he was on one side and I was on the other. The mall cop came up and told me people under 18 had to be with a adult and if I wasn't I needed to leave the building. I started laughing my *kitten* off. He asked me what was so funny I told him I was 22 and was there with my fiance. He demanded my ID then felt like a idiot when I gave it to him. At which point my 28 (at the time) year old fiance came around to the otherside. The guy handed me back my ID and walked away without a word lol

I always felt that I looked my age or near it...however when I first moved out into my own place away from my parents during college, I had issues sometimes with neighbors or solicitors refusing to believe it was MY home and not my parents', grandparents', etc. So funny. I remember one situation in particular when I had been on my own for a couple of years and was probably 21-22 and a repairman came from the cable company (I'd called for assistance with my service) and asked if my mom or dad was home. Pretty great moment.

I'm 36 and this sometimes still happens to me. People ask if I have a parent at home.
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I have teenage boys, am a grandmother.....
    And I have a sleeve on my calf, and working on a half sleeve on my right arm.
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Most people don't believe I'm 24, they think I'm 14...I got IDed in the mall before because I got a few feet from my fiance. We were looking at one of those jewlery counters(sometimes they have cool stuff to look at) and he was on one side and I was on the other. The mall cop came up and told me people under 18 had to be with a adult and if I wasn't I needed to leave the building. I started laughing my *kitten* off. He asked me what was so funny I told him I was 22 and was there with my fiance. He demanded my ID then felt like a idiot when I gave it to him. At which point my 28 (at the time) year old fiance came around to the otherside. The guy handed me back my ID and walked away without a word lol

I always felt that I looked my age or near it...however when I first moved out into my own place away from my parents during college, I had issues sometimes with neighbors or solicitors refusing to believe it was MY home and not my parents', grandparents', etc. So funny. I remember one situation in particular when I had been on my own for a couple of years and was probably 21-22 and a repairman came from the cable company (I'd called for assistance with my service) and asked if my mom or dad was home. Pretty great moment.

I'm 36 and this sometimes still happens to me. People ask if I have a parent at home.

Last week at my daughter's dance classes, they asked if i was her sister and in highschool. I'm 27.

They also asked if I was Bosnian or Hispanic......I don't get that one (i am neither....)
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'm actually pretty nice! Just ignore my *****y resting face :D

You have this problem too?? haha I look like the world's biggest a-hole when i have no expression on my face. It's a shame

It's a curse but I think helps with poker. :)
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Just by looking at me, a lot of things about me would suprise a person.

I look very innocent, and people say thin(meh)

But I curse like a sailor, am a bit of a perv, and eat like a linebacker.

Once you know me... not a thing in the world I do will ever surprise you. Not a thing.
    I could go home dressed as clown and my fiance would not flinch.
  • Miss_TeaPot
    Miss_TeaPot Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    99% of the movies, music, and literature I watch, listen to, or read is from Asia....Yet I went to college for French.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    99% of the movies, music, and literature I watch, listen to, or read is from Asia....Yet I went to college for French.

I'm a huge pokemon fan too. Which season is your favorite?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Options

I'm a huge pokemon fan too. Which season is your favorite?

*snort*
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    It takes a lot but, if the smile fades,.....You better run for your life!
  • thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    That I'm not really 3 feet tall, I'm not green, and I don't own a lightsaber. My son has a toy one though.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Options

Indians. I beat you all.

Listen. At least you guys have won a world series in the last 100 years. Orioles 1966, 1970, 1983. Indians 1920 and 1948. The Cubs 1908. That's pain!

Pain was the 1997 World Series.
  • rfw24
    rfw24 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    That I am 45 years old. Then once they know my age, they never can guess how much I can party!
  • sassycraftyfit
    Options
    That I enjoy quilting while watching old WWE wrestling dvds :)
  • miniimuscles
    miniimuscles Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm a geek... going to the SLC Comic Con in April and can not wait... also went to the Comic Con in San Diego a few years ago :D

I'm almost 30 (I get told often I look younger than I am)

I can deadlift and squat more than my bodyweight :P
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Last week at my daughter's dance classes, they asked if i was her sister and in highschool. I'm 27.

They also asked if I was Bosnian or Hispanic......I don't get that one (i am neither....)

My husband and I took our kids to a Halloween event and a gal was handing out raffle tickets to all the kids to win a prize, and she gave one to me as well. My husband said, "You're giving one to her also?" And the gal said, "Yeah, why not. Teenagers can play too."