370lbs > 170lbs -- My 200lb transformation (w/ PICS!)

Options
Dougf90
Dougf90 Posts: 95 Member
I wanted to post these pics today because tomorrow marks the end of a phase in my transformation process. Tomorrow I begin bulking up for the first time, I'm excited and a bit nervous! For the longest time I've been in a constant deficit and I'm ready to see some actual gains. I woke up on June 11th 2011 sick of how my life was headed. I was 200lbs overweight, a hermit with severe social anxiety, and had no clue on how to control my IBS. Being obese triggered my anxiety in public which triggered my IBS symptoms, effectively making my house the only safe place to be.

I didn't want to live that way anymore, so I did some research online which ultimately lead me to making an MFP account. Along the way I've learned a TON; counting calories, what my TDEE is, the benefits of hitting your macro goals, understanding water weight, strength training for fat loss etc.... I soaked it all up. Combining that with some hard work and dedication this is the result of all of my work, I hope this helps motivate and inspire others to keep at it!

5'10"
Starting: 20yo 370lbs
Current: 23yo 170lbs

otxG7h0.jpg

Thank you to everyone in advance!

Replies

• GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Well aren't you Mr. McHottie!!! Well done!!!!!!
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Friggin' awesome, man!
  • freckledjezebel
    freckledjezebel Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspirational. Well done!
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Oooh myyy!!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I remember seeing your pictures when I first joined the site back in 2012. Absolutely amazing transformation. Very well done!!!

Good luck with your bulk!!! Enjoy all those tasty extra calories!
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    you are just awesome!!!!! WOW!!! im speachless! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You are SO inspirational! Way to go in making YOU a priority. Be proud - sing it from the rooftops PROUD!!!!
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congratulations , you look amazing!!
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Good luck on the next phase :)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    This is full of awesome!
  • HedgeHugs
    HedgeHugs Posts: 80
    Options
    Wow! AMAZING and EPIC job! How motivational :D Congrats!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    ...WOW.

• westwifey
    Options
    Absolutely needed to see this transformation tonight - about halfway through my own 150 lb weight loss adventure (hell) and am struggling with staying motivated. Thanks for the reminder that while it may be a LONG haul, the results will definitely justify the journey. You look fantastic, but I'll bet you feel even better!
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Nice transformation
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    That has to be one of the most amazing success stories on here, you overcame all of those fears and lost weight, you have got to have such incredible confidence in yourself now. Be proud you earned it!
  • martineyes26
    martineyes26 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You look like a completely different person...I bet you feel like a different person. Huge congratulations on your current success and all your future successes. Embark on this new journey with the same strength and courage as it took to start this one. I'm so happy and proud of your accomplishments!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Great job, great patience, sticking to this for 3 years is impressive. Now I have to go Google whatever a Frog-o-sphere is.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    WOW:drinker:
  • shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! And you look amazing too! Congratulations on your journey and continued success on being healthy.
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are one handsome guy! I hope you feel great on the inside now too...just as important! Way to take control of your life and get yourself healthy. Nobody gets to be 300+ pounds as a 20-year-old on their own. You were a kid then and now you're a man with a plan. You should be really proud of yourself - that was not easy and you rocked it! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!