What is the saddest user submitted food entry you've seen?

Options

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    wish someone would remove the frosting and give it directly to me. i could care less about the cake or donut, i just want the frosting!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Dude. Whose soul is 0 calories?!

I'm pretty sure mine is made of cookies, prosecco, and white French bread. That stuff goes straight to your hips.
  • mymfpesk
    mymfpesk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So we all do our best to try to reduce the amount of calories in the things we like to eat. It might be as simple as putting less sauce on foods, it might be as extreme as baking with sugar substitutes. Sometimes its worth it, sometimes its not, but we've all tried something like that at some point.

Every so often though I run across a user submitted entry that is truly sad. For example, the other week I was searching for an entry for a doughnut I'd eaten and I ran across an entry titled, "Donut - Frosting Removed". :sad: Why do this to yourself? If you've made the decision to eat the doughnut, then eat the doughnut. I'm curious what other horrible food abominations you guys have run across in your fitnesspal travels.

As a corollary, I'd also love to hear any hilariously misguided alterations. For example on many occasions I've seen entries for fast food items logged as "whatever burger - no mayo" which mysteriously cuts the calorie count in half.

Donut - frosting removed?! I can't. LOL!!!!! :sad: I remember going to IHOP and ordering pancakes with no butter or syrup. It was a horrible eating experience. :laugh: Not to mention, my friend almost slapped me LOL I will never do that again. I'm either having a cheat/treat meal or not. :happy:
  • ibjent
    ibjent Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow, I started out reading this thread for a good laugh and now am leaving with more information than I ever wanted about what all is in the database:sick: ... and I never got past the first page! :noway:

Three words come to mind.... seriously throwed off. :huh:
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm more sad that most of the diaries I see feature like <%1 fresh fruits of veggies; everything is packaged and processed. That's what sad to me.

This! I get so frustrated that it is harder to find cherry tomatoes than it is the entire McDs menu. Not that there's anything wrong with fast food in moderation... but balance, people!

I see too many "no dressing" salads. For real - you "can't have" full fat ranch so you just eat dry lettuce?!

Now this one I disagree with - I enjoy salad but hate all dressing. So if I'm out at a restaurant, I ask to have no dressing...would I be better off having nothing on the side, or choosing chips instead?

Yeah I hate salad dressing too, I actually like the taste of plain lettuce and veggies, and a big ol' handful of feta is way better than any dressing for me. I have actually asked for dressing on the side when ordering salads before though, just so the server doesn't look at me weird haha and then I just don't touch it.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Cat food ?? - yes, hard to come up with an explanation for that one.
    But I suppose the cat could be on a diet, have heard of dogs on diets before.

Oddly enough, I've had a friend, a guy, who ate tin cat food sandwiches and said it really wasn't much different than pâté, and he preferred the tinned cat food. His explanation, he'd grown up poor and it had been a cheap option that he'd gotten a taste for, and said that in the UK the food had to be up to human consumption standards. I never quite believed that last bit.

All pet food has to be safe for human consumption. There are people whose job it is to taste test pet food. The reason for the law is that during hard economic times, such as the great depression, people had a tendency to eat pet food because its cheaper than human food

I suppose it depends on your definition of safe...http://www.bullmarketfrogs.com/2014/03/aafco-admits-rendered-pets-in-pet-food/
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    "The saddest entries I see have 'no bread'. I love bread. And, yes, I have one or two of those entries from days I was backed into a caloric corner."

I eat stuff without bread all the time because I'm gluten intolerant. It's a necessity, not a sacrifice...just sayin' :)

I am 100% certain that you are not the only gluten intolerant member of MFP.

Why so condescending when it is truly none of your business how or what someone else eats.

Some people simply don't like bread. Some people it is a trigger food. Others are in the same boat as you are.

TO EACH HIS / HER OWN.
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of not spacing out the last two words of "oatmeal cream pie". what came up still haunts me to this day.
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Cat food. Srsly. Look it up.

I'd eat cat food before I ate Sperm.. And it's in the database. Scary huh?

:noway: :huh: :laugh:
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i try to not worry about what others do, im busy enough worrying about my own shizz.

^^^ THIS ^^^
  • LAPDpoliceNYPD
    LAPDpoliceNYPD Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i try to not worry about what others do, im busy enough worrying about my own shizz.

this^^
    true that
  • Xistie
    Xistie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just saw the postings about semen and had to look it up :noway: ... And my brain is now broken for the day :huh:
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of not spacing out the last two words of "oatmeal cream pie". what came up still haunts me to this day.

OMG, I had to look it up. :huh:
  • zaellany
    zaellany Posts: 57 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm more sad that most of the diaries I see feature like <%1 fresh fruits of veggies; everything is packaged and processed. That's what sad to me.

This! I get so frustrated that it is harder to find cherry tomatoes than it is the entire McDs menu. Not that there's anything wrong with fast food in moderation... but balance, people!

I see too many "no dressing" salads. For real - you "can't have" full fat ranch so you just eat dry lettuce?!

A lot of times, when I get a salad out, I'll enter the no dressing option & then enter the dressing separately depending on how much I use
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i get my salads with no dressing. same concept. judge it.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

tumblr_m7643jcWcY1rziwwco1_400.gif
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    I don't care what anyone wants to eat if they like, rocks and forest floor duff are fine entries, just whatever you add, get the info entered right so there are not 50 variations of a basic food when you look it up, and only 1 with correct info!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options

me too :embarassed:
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through the whole thread, but the first page inspired me to look up a bunch of weird stuff. My favorite thing in the database is now officially "Human - Souls". For your information, one soul is zero calories, so feel free to consume as many as you'd like.

ETA: okay, I read the thread. Apparently I'm not the first to be amused by human souls. Haha.