Dairy Queen Blizzards

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I look at places like Dairy Queen just like I would a drug pusher. If I'm not careful, it will ruin my health. Even worse, Dairy Queen and Baskin Robbin's is literally across the street from my apartment complex. :frown:

can't be serious…

yea, dairy queen and your neighborhood crack dealer are totally on the same level ….

Are you sure the poster meant crack dealer? From my experience, only *legal* drug sales reps are actually *pushers* of drugs. Drugs like crack and meth tend to sell themselves, no pushing needed. :wink: :laugh:

yea, but you still have someone on the corner "pushing" them …I just wish people would not make blanket idiotic statements like this ….oh well...

I've never seen a drug "pusher," but I've known many dealers from back in the day. I remember having several dealers on speed-dial, just hoping one would come through. I do not recall anyone ever standing on a corner and making offers. but then, I've always lived in the 'burbs. Maybe it's different other places...

well when i was an idiot in high school we used to drive down to the hood and "big smoke" would be hanging on the corner selling nickel bags of bud…so yea, they do that ….

^ evidence of a misspent youth lol

:laugh:

I wish I had found herb first, maybe I would not have wasted so many years in my twenties. (I never even knew about such things in high school.) :smokin:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    . It's depressing when I begin to think about how many of us are not even really eating real food.

if I can eat it- it's real.

my kids like to eat imaginary food sometimes. And other times they make food out of play-doh. They don't eat it though.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    . It's depressing when I begin to think about how many of us are not even really eating real food.

my kids like to eat imaginary food sometimes. And other times they make food out of play-doh. They don't eat it though.

*sheepish* I tried play-doh when I was a kid. Very salty.
    Play-Doh tastes yucky. But those markers that smell like fruit taste like the fruit they smell like. YUMMY. (C'mon, I was 8!)
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Why don't you save your comments for a subject you know something about?
    You obviously don't have an addiction to such things.

Isn't the "serving size" of ice cream ridiculously small?

I just had a serving size of Ben & Jerry's...the 4 ounce mini one. It was great, I think. I probably could eat two of them, but four ounces was fine.

I wish there was a DQ near my job, but Ben & Jerry's is not a bad substitute.

ahh yes the "addiction" train ..that one is never late…..

Yes, the false "addiction" claims are almost as annoying as top-posting. :laugh:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I know, the price is what kills me.

I am not a huge sweet fan, but I will get a Blizzard once or twice a year.

Where I am, the mini Blizzard is $2.29 and I think the largest size is still under $5. I dunno if it's drastically higher elsewhere, but to me that's pretty cheap especially compared to Starbucks drinks or even a single brownie or cookie from Great American Cookie Co.
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love that dairy queen has marshmallow cream... marshmallow blizzards and milkshakes FTW.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure my skin just broke out reading about the corn syrup in these things.

They sure are tasty, though, and I would eat the large ones if it wasn't for this stupid allergy!!!
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I used to get an extra large reeses blizzard 2 to 3 times per week. I had no idea it was 1000 calories! They tasted so good, but now that I actually know about all the garbage in them I have no desire to eat them anymore. I'm willing to indulge in good tasting food that has lots of sugar and fat. But I see no reason to eat stuff that has artificial trans fats and other artificial chemicals.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Sadly, addiction is something I know all too well.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

*sheepish* I tried play-doh when I was a kid. Very salty.
    Play-Doh tastes yucky. But those markers that smell like fruit taste like the fruit they smell like. YUMMY. (C'mon, I was 8!)

I remember those!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Then why would you put down somebody else for having the problem?

quote]

[/quote]
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Then why would you put down somebody else for having the problem?

I'm not putting anyone down. I only said that claiming DQ Blizzards are "addictive" is inaccurate. Being honest about facts is in NO WAY a "put down" of any person.

If you think you are addicted to DQ Blizzards, tell me what the withdrawal syndrome is. What are your symptoms when you go without a Blizzard? Do your hands shake? Do your shoulders heave involuntarily? Do you get headaches? Sleepy? Suicidal thoughts? Do your dopamine and serotonin levels crash? Do you feel angry just because someone said hello to you?

What are your symptoms that tell you that you're suffering from Blizzard withdrawal?

ETA: Fixed the quotes...PLEASE put your comments at the bottom, not the top. Top-quoting makes it very difficult to follow the conversation.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I used to get an extra large reeses blizzard 2 to 3 times per week. I had no idea it was 1000 calories! They tasted so good, but now that I actually know about all the garbage in them I have no desire to eat them anymore. I'm willing to indulge in good tasting food that has lots of sugar and fat. But I see no reason to eat stuff that has artificial trans fats and other artificial chemicals.

They don't add any garbage to them. I don't know where you heard this, but codes enforcement would be all over any restaurant that took garbage and put it in the food.
  • treebee5
    treebee5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A few times a year I will get a small or a mini banana split blizzard - no chocolate. So yummy, but so bad for any type of calorie restriction. :(
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    My Doctor told my wife I could have Diary queen when ever I wanted. The was only one stipulation I need to ride my bike to the DQ.

I have a DQ only 5 miles away which is good for a small cone. A blizzard requires I take the 9 mile ride to the DQ two towns over.

Gotta do what you gotta do to make it work into your calorie budget! I did something similar last year. Gifford's ice cream released a flavor called Muddy Boot to celebrate LL Bean's 100th anniversary. It was full of so much yummy goodness I had to try it! So I walked to and from the closest Gifford's stand which is about 4 miles from my house.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

They don't add any garbage to them. I don't know where you heard this, but codes enforcement would be all over any restaurant that took garbage and put it in the food.

Just photoshop a blizzard into this pic, and you've got yourself a 1st class DQ ad.

oscar.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Just photoshop a blizzard into this pic, and you've got yourself a 1st class DQ ad.

oscar.jpg

giphy.gif

I :heart: trash!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

oscar.jpg

giphy.gif

I :heart: trash!

I'd eat a garbage blizzard.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    I look at places like Dairy Queen just like I would a drug pusher. If I'm not careful, it will ruin my health. Even worse, Dairy Queen and Baskin Robbin's is literally across the street from my apartment complex. :frown:

can't be serious…

yea, dairy queen and your neighborhood crack dealer are totally on the same level ….
    Are you sure the poster meant crack dealer? From my experience, only *legal* drug sales reps are actually *pushers* of drugs. Drugs like crack and meth tend to sell themselves, no pushing needed. :wink: :laugh:

yea, but you still have someone on the corner "pushing" them …I just wish people would not make blanket idiotic statements like this ….oh well...
    The problem isn't so much people making "blanket statements" as it is others taking them far too literally and not in the the spirit in which they were intended...
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    There's a lot more to them than you realize. Here are the ingredients for a child sized soft serve (no cone, just the ice cream). I'd guess the milkfat and cornsyrup have something to do with the 140 cal per 92g. Add in candy, hot fudge/caramel syrup, flavoring etc and the calories are going to add up pretty quickly.
    \Dairy Queen Vanilla Soft Serve: Milkfat and nonfat milk, sugar, corn syrup, whey, mono and diglycerides, artificial flavor, guar gum, polysorbate 80, carrageenan, and vitamin A palmitate.

Here's a link to their nutritional info so you can do your own research:

http://www.idq.com/NCPublic/#

Ah yes, the old completely designed and manufactured product made from various chemicals that achieve the goal of a certain flavor and mouthfeel at a price point that maximizes return on investment trick. It's depressing when I begin to think about how many of us are not even really eating real food.

...pink slime anyone?

Unfortunately that is what most people prefer - to not eat real food.

If I am going to splurge, we have a hometown ice cream stand that has been around since the 1950's and they make various flavors of home made ice cream every day, use fresh fruit and hand shaved chocolate for toppings.

They are usually packed with people.

I prefer to eat the real stuff that has been made that way for generations and generations - not some fake ice cream. Yuck.