What to put on popcorn

Options

Replies

• Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    light on the butter and some wasabi sesame seeds. The seed stick to the butter and it's awesome!
  • Frenchi3
    Frenchi3 Posts: 2
    Options
    Sriracha!

yeas thats great as well (Srirachi is my Ketchup mmmm)

hell yeah that rooster sauce. its good for kale chips as well :P
  • xenu01
    xenu01 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You know what's great on popcorn is nutritional yeast. If I'm out of that I do garlic powder.
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    pb2

and agree with asathorswoman on the nutritional yeast

maybe mesquite mrs.dash?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Frank's Red Hot sauce!

My trick, too. Toss some air-popped popcorn in your mouth, tip your head back and shake some Frank's in. Delish! Chili with lime is the best.
  • larowe27
    larowe27 Posts: 10
    Options
    Ive put onion powder on popcorn before. Its good ano dosent have the sodium in it that the popcorn seasoning does.
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    horseradish
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I disagree with the OP. Obviously, butter is the best option.
  • briggitte59
    briggitte59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love to put hot sauce on mine.
  • purplemurfy
    purplemurfy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • heathercondon79
    Options
    That's how we make ours. Our Healthy Lives rep at work suggested a little spray of Pam to get the seasoning and salt to stick but I feel like I have to use WAY too much to get it to work.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Put melted butter on popcorn
  • orl1jmd
    orl1jmd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We pop ours on the stove in a wok. We use olive oil that is very hot and spicy. We top with Garlic powder and onion powder. Then we sprinkle chili pepper. It is a HOT and Spicy treat around 100 calories.
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil, black pepper, chili powder, and the secret ingredient: nutritional yeast. SOOOOOOO delicious.
  • martineyes26
    martineyes26 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the entire thread, but I love popcorn especially since you get a lot for such little calories. I make PopSecret's 100 calorie butter popcorn bag and sprinkle Kernel's Seasoning Nacho Cheese on it. (Dry) It only adds an additional 2 or 3 calories which is low enough that I don't log. Enjoy! (They also have several other flavors that are delicious!)
  • Joanna623
    Joanna623 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I put Franks on mine, but I also just pop it in the microwave. I don't buy microwave popcorn...or put it in a bag like someone mentioned earlier. I just put a couple tablespoons of kernals in a glass bowl and cover with a plate and let it go for three minutes.
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    O0H8O.jpg.jpg

This shiznit is great! If its the same kind i buy its like 40 calories for the bag popped
  • chefstew79
    chefstew79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Curry Powder & Salt
  • corbridge
    corbridge Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Rileys Cajun seasoning
  • TatianaSoe
    TatianaSoe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I used to sprinkle some smoked paprika on top of mine. I didn't have a microwave so I just put 3 kernels with a tiny bit of oil in a pan on the stove, waited until those popped. Then added the rest of kernels in, covered the pan, then carefully shook and tossed the pan over the burner until the popping slowed down.

Sadly I can only get pre-buttered box popcorn where I live now. I'll have to bookmark this in case I ever come across a bag of popcorn kernels.