What to put on popcorn

Options

Replies

• SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Spray a little butter flavoured Pam on it and then PB2! Yum!!
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    jzvdyr.jpg
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    The blood of your slain enemies.
  • mereditheve
    mereditheve Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Butter... lots of butter...

Or the following:
    - Taco seasoning
    - Nutritional yeast (I hear it's healthy and it's actually not too bad)
    - Dried basil and garlic powder with a little salt

All of which can still be combined with butter... :smile:
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    All these ideas are awesome (minus eating it with almond milk -- ick!)

But I bought an air popper from walmart (it was a blue lower priced one) and it just didn't seem to be all that awesome. Idk if it was me or what? I mean, are there poppers that you can add oil or other toppings/sauces to the kernels BEFOREHAND or do all the seasonings, etc have to be added after?
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    jzvdyr.jpg
    Mmm! That with a lemon wedge and a small amount of nacho popcorn seasoning!!
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    SPICY: If you make your popcorn the old fashioned way with oil on the stove top, I use infused jalapeno oil to pop it in. Gives a zing to each and every popped kernal. Made a homemade ghost pepper olive oil and tried that too. Wowsa! Love the heat. Also have used spicy additions afterwards like jajapeno pepper, Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning. Also homemade Sriracha salt.
    Thanks for other ideas, eveyone!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Lecithin & nutritional yeast. And I air pop it & spray it with white vinegar & add salt. It is frickin' delicious!
  • The_Iron_Beast
    Options
    Cauliflower
  • MaggieTor3
    MaggieTor3 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Garlic powder - or fresh ground pepper with grated frozen lemon :)
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Olive oil spray, salt. Black pepper, cayenne pepper or Tabasco.
  • voooduchild
    Options
    Costco has a nes seasoning salt called buffalo chicken wing seasoning. It is finely granulated like popcorn salt. I lightly spray olive oil cooking spray over popsorn, season immediately and microvave quickly to reheat-amazing. All of the kernal season s brand salts work really well too. Spray lightly with parm and garlic seasoning is awesome as well. :)
  • SimplySmylin
    SimplySmylin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • wife228
    wife228 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I spray air popped corn with Pam then add butter powder to it and mix. Got to spray as it is making.
  • angelica_lisa
    angelica_lisa Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like garlic and Parmesan cheese on my Skinny Pop popcorn ^^
  • karmac0matic
    Options
    today i made deliiiiicious popcorn (1.5 tablespoons uncooked, about 3.75 cups cooked!) which ended up being about 60 calories. i use an air popper.

i added to the popcorn: a tiny bit of vegetable oil cooking spray to make things stick, basil leaf crushed up, tabasco sauce, allspice, oregano, marjoram, pepper, hot shot (hot red pepper crushed up with pepper). it was a wicked delicious combo!! and cost only about 65 calories!
  • funmaof2
    funmaof2 Posts: 4
    Options
    I love air popped popcorn with Lowry's Seasoning Salt.
  • angelicprettyy
    Options
    Little tip I found on pinterest (doesn't really have to do with toppings). Take a brown paper bag and add about 1/2 cup popcorn. Fold top over 2 times and microwave for about 2 minutes. Delicious, healthy microwaved popcorn for just pennies! No added preservatives, oil, junk that the microwave bags have in them!!!! So good and works perfectly!
    :huh:
    Is this not the normal way to make popcorn?
    I've been making it this way for all my life...
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I stove pop ours with coconut oil, and then season it with a mixture of smoked paprika, oregano, and garlic salt. Yum!
  • SuperStasi
    Options
    Nutritional yeast- tastes buttery, but good for you.

Also, italian seasoning or Garlic & Herb- both available in bulk from a health food store