Help! I need a fast weight loss plan

Options
Hi, I'm 27 and weigh 177 pounds and iim 5ft 2. Basically I'm going on a girly weekend and want to look my best. Has anyone had any success in losing weight quick as I'm going in 5 weeks. I don't want the 'its dangerous to lose weight quick' I need help.

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

...otherwise no. Not unless you count liposuction.
  • Quarkles
    Quarkles Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    OP, you're not going to magically drop a ton of weight in 5 weeks. Just enjoy your weekend.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    So you are going to wear a scale on your back during this whole time for all to see with current weight on it?
    And a sign stating what you wanted to weigh?

Or, think about this - do you actually want less inches, less fat perhaps?

For only 5 weeks, take the 2 lb weekly goal, be honest about daily activity level, and only do heavy circuit training.

While still doing 20 reps of like 6-8 lifts with dumbbells and 4 circuits of it, make sure the weight is heavy enough you are about dead on 20th rep. 3 x weekly. Jog lightly on between days.
    Squats, lat pull-down or pull-over, straight-leg deadlift, bench press, jack-knife situps or plank, shoulder press.

Log that as circuit training and eat those calories back. Log the jog and eat that back of course.

That hopefully will be so new to your system, and a complete body activity all the muscles used, and big burner for repair, that it'll get the muscles you got stronger under any fat, and help burn off fat over the whole body.
    Many times the muscle under the fat being stronger makes you look thinner too.

If you just want to be lighter but still look bigger and still jiggle with all the fat, then eat way too little and do bunches of cardio.
  • BookRat
    BookRat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    In theory you can safely drop five pounds in five weeks. That's not insignificant. You can drop the rest after.
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    OP, you're not going to magically drop a ton of weight in 5 weeks. Just enjoy your weekend.

This. Just buy a killer outfit that makes you feel fabulous and start on a sensible weight loss regime. You may lose a few pounds before your weekend too.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    No.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You can stop eating and just drink water. The weight loss will probably not be enough for anyone to congratulate you on how thin you look, but you will be ill and hospitalised by the end of the 5 weeks period, so you will have a great excuse for not going anywhere for the weekend, so your weight will not matter :)
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I think many people on mfp forget that they were once new here, that they all had different motivations for joining, or starting their weight loss journey. The OP joined in March and has lost 4lbs. She may not realize that slow and steady is the best way. Giving her sarcastic answers isn't really helping. She may not realize that a 2lb per week weight loss is already a great thing. How about some actual good advice for someone who is asking for help.

OP, my advice is, Log all your food. Stay below your calorie goals, and work out for 30 minutes, 5 times a week. No, it's not going to get you shredded, but I guarantee after 5 weeks you will be feeling a lot better about yourself, whether you've lost 5 or 10 pounds. That was my plan when I first started. 5 weeks later, I just felt plain good. The working out is a must though! And 30 minutes a day is totally doable! Baby steps. You can do this!!
  • midwestspitfire
    midwestspitfire Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'd wager that she would have gotten less sarcastic answers if she hadn't explicitly said that she didn't want to hear about how unhealthy what she wanted to do was.

OP knows what she wants to do is wrong.
    If she doesn't care about her health why not give her surefire solutions to her problem?
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Lower your carbs

Up your protein, fruit & veg

Drink lots of water + green tea

And buy some nice decent pull in tummy knickers, they work wonders with fitted clothes and look live you've lost inches : )
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'd wager that she would have gotten less sarcastic answers if she hadn't explicitly said that she didn't want to hear about how unhealthy what she wanted to do was.

OP knows what she wants to do is wrong.
    If she doesn't care about her health why not give her surefire solutions to her problem?

its not your place to judge her for doing something she knows is wrong. if people dont want to help, they shouldnt post at all. other peoples problems arent being discussed for your amusement.
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The head weighs about 10lbs. Get rid of that for a great start.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

You're a personal/fitness trainer and that is your best answer?

I think many people on mfp forget that they were once new here, that they all had different motivations for joining, or starting their weight loss journey. The OP joined in March and has lost 4lbs. She may not realize that slow and steady is the best way. Giving her sarcastic answers isn't really helping. She may not realize that a 2lb per week weight loss is already a great thing. How about some actual good advice for someone who is asking for help.

OP, my advice is, Log all your food. Stay below your calorie goals, and work out for 30 minutes, 5 times a week. No, it's not going to get you shredded, but I guarantee after 5 weeks you will be feeling a lot better about yourself, whether you've lost 5 or 10 pounds. That was my plan when I first started. 5 weeks later, I just felt plain good. The working out is a must though! And 30 minutes a day is totally doable! Baby steps. You can do this!!

i second that. :)
  • EvanElric
    EvanElric Posts: 34
    Options
    :huh: Of course you can lose a decent amount of weight safely in 5 weeks. You won't be 120lbs but you will look slimmer. Just eat around 1200-1500 calories per day, do a bit of exercise, lower carbs a bit (You will lose water weight)..
  • princessnuriko
    princessnuriko Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Someone else asked for help too about losing weight fast. Something about trying to lose 20 pounds in one month for her wedding. I wonder how she's doing?
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Low carb do less then 50 grms a day and you will lose. you will also lose water weight on this diet.
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Easiest things to start of with:
    1) Walk Everywhere
    2) Drink plenty of water/green tea
    3)Exercise at least 5x a week at high intensity
    4)Strength Training, Heavy if you can
    5)Invest in a food scale
    6) Weigh and Measure every bit of food those goes in your mouth
    7)Do little things like walking around as you talk on the phone and exercises during commercial breaks
    8) Eat in moderation - just because it doesn't seem healthy doesn't mean you can't have it
    9) Things with 0 calories do count, so log them

and the holy grail is....

LOG EVERYTHING! Seriously, you don't do it accurately, you won't see a budge.
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I thought this site was supposed to be helpful Anyway I started my weightloss journey with the 17 day diet. It is a really sound and healthy diet. It goes in cycles of 17 days, 3 cylces to be exact, and then you reach maintanace where you continue healthy eating habits for .. well forever.. I lost 12 pounds in 1 1/2 months. not alot but i went from 140 to 128 and that is good for me. Now i am just maintaining but im sure if i continued i could loose another 12.
    Bigger people, like my co-worker, lost 40 pounds. He is the one that introduced me to this "diet" which is really a healthy way of eating. I needed something that was fast that would quick start my weight loss and motivate me as well.
    6 months later, here I am, maintaining, eating lots of what i love, but have incorporated much much healthier food.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is doing a low carb diet and the 30 Day Shred, I think you could lose some significant inches if you stick to it and drink lots of water. As someone else suggested buy some shape-wear and wear something you feel really good in. What is your best feature? Everyone has something ;) For me it doesn't matter what size I am my waist is proportionally small so I wear something that accentuates that. If it is your boobs wear a low cut top, good legs then show them off. Even a manicure or a spray tan can help you feel better and I bet while you are on the weekend away you will be having too much fun to really be worrying that you don't weigh a certain number ;)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Really nothing is fast about weight loss.