Help! I need a fast weight loss plan

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who is actually angered by posts like this one?*

These posts imply that it's possible to achieve meaningful weight loss in a short amount of time, and the only thing stopping someone from doing it is either knowledge or commitment. This is remarkably insulting to those who work for months and months (and years) to achieve results as if they are either lacking some readily available information or they lack the commitment or dedication to do what needs to be done. (There were even some posts earlier in this thread that didn't just imply it, but actually said it.)

* I'm not meaning to pick on OP specifically, because she isn't alone in these kinds of posts that seemingly show up at least daily, but my admonishment applies nonetheless.

Not to be rude, but all of this seems like a lot of investment in someone else's perception/misperceptions. If the OP takes the good advice in the thread, she could be on her way to sexypants. If she decides to crash diet, she could be setting herself up for weight gain and health problems. Nothing about either choice invalidates anyone else's experience.

If someone chooses to make his or her life harder by ignoring what they know to be true, why not consider the source and move on? Ultimately it is her body, her perception and her choice.

This thread has zero impact on my own personal situation. And I don't really care what OP does. She's just one person. However, I *do* care about the message it sends to the millions of other MFPers who aren't OP, some of whom are on my FL...enough that I decided to address it.

Similarly, I don't really care what *you* think about my post either. *shrug*
  • Bookwitch
    Bookwitch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sorry to tell you but there is no such thing as a fast weight loss unless you want to gain it all back plus some. Five weeks is a long time, you could probably lose about 10 pounds the right way and keep it off.
    Drop the alcohol and sugar drinks completely. I dropped 10 pounds the 1st 2 weeks of doing this myself.
    Cut back on bread and pasta and add lean meats and veggies to your daily foods.
    Good Luck
  • trishylocks
    Options
    You CAN absolutely lose 15pds in 5 weeks, is it healthy? prob not & it will be hard work but it is possible. You'll need to cut all fried foods, white carbs & sugar & limit your calorie intake to 800-1000 a day (you will be hungry) Your also need to work out 7 days a week for at least a hr..maybe get 30 day shred or t25 & do that for 30 mins & then do the treadmill for another 30.

7 pounds of it will be fat and the rest will be lean mass. But we don't want to hear how unhealthy this is for you....

This the Op's question not mine, She asked if it was possible & I answered. She already knows its not a healthy way to go,,but maybe losing weight quicky will be a jumpstart for her to lose more in the long run.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    17 Day Diet, Google it before you judge or make a dumb comment. I do it. I love it.
  • Bookwitch
    Bookwitch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    No you arent the only one that gets angry about things like this. However....this person could be someone that really doesnt have to watch their weight like we do and they dont know how hard it is for us to lose 10 pounds and they want to do it overnight.
    People dont always think about the overweight person sitting in the corner trying to breathe. They think it is our own fault that we are overweight and I think 80 % of it is, but there is always something else hidden away .
    So just keep up your good work and make it a point when someone asks a question such as the one we're talking about and tell them "its not an overnight sollution" and keep smiling.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You CAN absolutely lose 15pds in 5 weeks, is it healthy? prob not & it will be hard work but it is possible. You'll need to cut all fried foods, white carbs & sugar & limit your calorie intake to 800-1000 a day (you will be hungry) Your also need to work out 7 days a week for at least a hr..maybe get 30 day shred or t25 & do that for 30 mins & then do the treadmill for another 30.

7 pounds of it will be fat and the rest will be lean mass. But we don't want to hear how unhealthy this is for you....

This the Op's question not mine, She asked if it was possible & I answered. She already knows its not a healthy way to go,,but maybe losing weight quicky will be a jumpstart for her to lose more in the long run.

If she loses lean mass, she's just making it harder to lose in the future because she will have slowed down her metabolism. She will also have learned the appeal of yo-yoing for events.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I see by your previous posts you are already using slimfast. Is this not working fast enough?

You have already lost 4 pounds in around 4 weeks that seems reasonable. Just keep doing what you are doing and you could lose another 5 pounds in five weeks that will give you a loss of 9 pounds or so for your weekend you should be happy with that it is a good loss.

I think you should be looking a bit more long term than one weekend. The chances are if you lose fast for the weekend you will put it back on anyway. Slower is more sustainable.

Good luck :drinker:
  • CoreyTrumanOsborne
    CoreyTrumanOsborne Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Low carbs. 20 NET carbs per day. Net Carbs = Carb - Fiber - Sugar Alcohol(if applies).
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    17 Day Diet, Google it before you judge or make a dumb comment. I do it. I love it.

What benefits have you gotten out of this 17 day diet that you couldn't have gotten out of consistently maintaining a slight calorie deficit? What do you think makes it special compared to the MFP approach?
  • TeresaJTuck
    TeresaJTuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Eat 1,569lbs. to lose 2lbs. a week. Workout 3-5 times a week. Limit yourself to 2-3 Fruits, 3 Veggies. 3 Meats at 3oz-4oz. each meal. Do Hand Weights, Cardio, Treadmill, if you have one, Get youself some Exercise DVD's like Yoga, Cardio, and Leslie Sansone. Leslie Sansone is the best.
    Limit yourself 1 Snack a day. Eat Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Dinner. You're suppose to eat every 4 Hours.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Eat 1,569lbs. to lose 2lbs. a week. Workout 3-5 times a week. Limit yourself to 2-3 Fruits, 3 Veggies. 3 Meats at 3oz-4oz. each meal. Do Hand Weights, Cardio, Treadmill, if you have one, Get youself some Exercise DVD's like Yoga, Cardio, and Leslie Sansone. Leslie Sansone is the best.
    Limit yourself 1 Snack a day. Eat Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Dinner. You're suppose to eat every 4 Hours.

I'll leave it up to other people to ask what you eat when you get up in the middle of the night.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Apart from drinking lots of water, not eating ANYTHING

No.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Is that like one giant gummy anvil?
  • likitisplit
    Options

Probably won't do a lot for weight loss. At least until you poop.
  • Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options

These posts imply that it's possible to achieve meaningful weight loss in a short amount of time, and the only thing stopping someone from doing it is either knowledge or commitment. This is remarkably insulting to those who work for months and months (and years) to achieve results as if they are either lacking some readily available information or they lack the commitment or dedication to do what needs to be done. (There were even some posts earlier in this thread that didn't just imply it, but actually said it.)

* I'm not meaning to pick on OP specifically, because she isn't alone in these kinds of posts that seemingly show up at least daily, but my admonishment applies nonetheless.

Not to be rude, but all of this seems like a lot of investment in someone else's perception/misperceptions. If the OP takes the good advice in the thread, she could be on her way to sexypants. If she decides to crash diet, she could be setting herself up for weight gain and health problems. Nothing about either choice invalidates anyone else's experience.

If someone chooses to make his or her life harder by ignoring what they know to be true, why not consider the source and move on? Ultimately it is her body, her perception and her choice.

This thread has zero impact on my own personal situation. And I don't really care what OP does. She's just one person. However, I *do* care about the message it sends to the millions of other MFPers who aren't OP, some of whom are on my FL...enough that I decided to address it.

Then why respond at all except for an investment in the negative? Ultimately everyone has to make their own choices. People new to the site and people who have been around for a while all have personal choices to make. If it has zero impact on your situation, then there is very little to be angry about. The OP asked a question, to which she knew the answer. If someone who is new to the site comes along and reads the thread, they have access to all of the reasonable advice given to the OP and they can see for themselves that the OP was willing to make an unhealthy choice.

Everyone is going to make his or her own choices based on their perceptions. People who are ready to face reality and make changes will take the useful information on board, do their investigations and have positive results. No one is required to take good advice. People who want to move on will take good advice. And like clockwork someone will start a similar thread tomorrow or the day after.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Probably won't do a lot for weight loss. At least if you poop.

Fixed it for you
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

I googled. The calorie requirements are well below my BMR and it falls short on micronutrients during the various cycles. Not to mention that there is no scientific proof in support of this approach. No thanks.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options

Then why respond at all except for an investment in the negative? Ultimately everyone has to make their own choices. People new to the site and people who have been around for a while all have personal choices to make. If it has zero impact on your situation, then there is very little to be angry about. The OP asked a question, to which she knew the answer. If someone who is new to the site comes along and reads the thread, they have access to all of the reasonable advice given to the OP and they can see for themselves that the OP was willing to make an unhealthy choice.

Everyone is going to make his or her own choices based on their perceptions. People who are ready to face reality and make changes will take the useful information on board, do their investigations and have positive results. No one is required to take good advice. People who want to move on will take good advice. And like clockwork someone will start a similar thread tomorrow or the day after.

He's responding for the same reason you are responding -- it touches a nerve. You could do the same you're saying Jof should do -- you could just ignore what he is saying and move on. The difference is his is constructive criticism of a real problem with people who REALLY do think that 'fast and easy' is the way to go instead of moderate to slow. Your criticism of his take on it is just that -- criticism.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

So you know and assume the OP knows it's not healthy, but went ahead and advised her how to do it?

*smh*

Am I the only one who sees what's wrong with this? I thought this was My FITNESS Pal? If it is going to be unhealthy, why would you advise it on a Fitness site whose goal for people (regardless if they are here to lose, maintain, or gain) is to be "fit/healthy"?
  • trishylocks
    Options

So you know and assume the OP knows it's not healthy, but went ahead and advised her how to do it?

*smh*

Am I the only one who sees what's wrong with this? I thought this was My FITNESS Pal? If it is going to be unhealthy, why would you advise it on a Fitness site whose goal for people (regardless if they are here to lose, maintain, or gain) is to be "fit/healthy"?

Do u read her original post? she said she wanted advice on quick weight loss & didnt want to hear responses like its unhealthy dont do it so yes Id assume she knows it may not be the best way to go. I really dont know how healthy or unhealthy it is as Im new to this board myself. But I know its possible & thats what she asked so I answered. Why is everyone so negative.