NSV today! Share yours?

Options

Replies

• skhny
    skhny Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This morning on my way to work I had to drop something off to my son at college. As he walked up the car his friend with him said - hey I thought you Mom was dropping it off, my son said that is my Mom - the friend had not seen me since October. My son told me I looked gorgeous and that I was not allowed back on campus - LMAO!!! I told him I wasn't there yet but hopefully he could ban me in another 6 months!! My sons have always made me proud, it is so great to make them proud!!
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    This morning on my way to work I had to drop something off to my son at college. As he walked up the car his friend with him said - hey I thought you Mom was dropping it off, my son said that is my Mom - the friend had not seen me since October. My son told me I looked gorgeous and that I was not allowed back on campus - LMAO!!! I told him I wasn't there yet but hopefully he could ban me in another 6 months!! My sons have always made me proud, it is so great to make them proud!!

every moms dream :flowerforyou:
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have a lap!! My belly doesn't poke out so much anymore!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    No more heartburn!!!!
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My yoga and exercise pants are starting to get loose on me. The work polos I have are also starting to get big on me too. :happy:

Edit: I also can do 28 mins of Tae Bo without feeling like someone is going to have to peel me off of the floor.
  • skhny
    Options
    oops can't delete, lol:sick:
  • skhny
    Options

every moms dream :flowerforyou:
    absolutely!!:happy: :blushing:
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    For me my biggest NSV (recently) would be that I ran a little over 5 miles, and on the beach at that. This is big for me because I am lucky to be alive let alone walking, even more so that I am able to run. I have been working out for a while now with the intent to loss enough weight to start running again, despite my neurologist warnings not to ever run again. My goal was to get below 200 before I started running again which is still 25 pounds over what I consider my goal weight. So the other day when I hit 202 I thought that today was the day, I’ll go for a short run on the beach, just a mile or so. Before I knew it I had ran 2.55 miles down the beach and still felt good, I turned around and headed back home. I have since made another beach run of equal distance, I ran faster and added a short Tabata at the midway point and still felt good at the end of my run. It’s made me want to do even more but I know I need to continue at a steady pace and not get ahead of myself and end up causing a setback due to an injury.
  • cosmoholic2
    cosmoholic2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had one last night!

I was going out with girlfriends and was freaking out because the one pair of jeans that fit (size 15) were in the wash. In desperation, I tried on an old pair (size 11) and they fit beautifully! It was good timing too since the scale has not moved at all this week... :)

Good job everyone!
  • ntftnm
    ntftnm Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shanz78
    Shanz78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have a route i walk in the evenings and i go the same way every time. I shaved 4 minutes of the time it took me to walk that route form the last time i did it. Oh and i was really tired today( i didn't sleep well my son was up half the night coughing, poor kid) normally i would take a nap but instead i weeded my flower bed for an hour and went for a walk. I feel great!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My NSV was walking for 20 minutes for the first time since I sprained my ankle. I hate having limited mobility because I'm used to being so active. Hoping I'm back to normal soon! Good luck everyone on your NSV's!
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My NSV today was buying clothes in a size smaller than what I used to purchase at Old Navy! Bought some summer dresses in size L/14, when I used to be L/XXL/16.
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Size 2! That is all :)
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    While I'm not seeing much of an overall difference in the mirror, I noticed today that my arms were looking a LOT slimmer than they did 2 months ago. Since my arms have always been one of my biggest insecurities, that was really exciting.

The slightly oversized jeans I bought a couple weeks ago now require a belt and can be pulled off without being unbuttoned or unzipped. But they're cute and jeans are expensive, so I'm going to continue to wear them until the morning they fall off my hips belt and all.
  • desireecl
    desireecl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I haven't worked out in a month, have been over my calories and eating junk...partially b/c I got sick, but partially b/c I got lazy...and hungry! Today, I rocked an extra 15 minutes on the treadmill and killed one more hilly mile, ate within my calories (even though I ate back nearly all of my exercise calories) and I really feel great! I need to keep reminding myself of how good I feel when I eat well and exercise so I don't keep falling off and regaining what I've lost. I'm sick of gaining and losing the same stupid 15 lbs over and over again.
  • toshtip
    toshtip Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had to wear a suit today (normally try to avoid this!)... and my dress belt fit on the LAST hole - the one the good side!!! :)

I normally wear a velcro type belt with sort of an infinite adjustment in length, so this was a nice surprise and made me feel like I am doing something right!
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have two ...my five yr. old daughter told " I'm getting less PUFFY, and my muscles look like boats !" lol
    But one I recently realized is this MY HEART rate ( I have kept track)
    Beginning of my journey at 237 pounds
    - highest intensity 180-215
    - sitting/rest 115-120
    -stannding was 120-130 even higher if I moved

Today after nine months of training both cardio and strength and lost 80 pounds
    -highest intensity 170-183
    -sitting 70-90
    Standing 80-100ish
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I found the measurements I did of myself last year when I first started this. I measured myself this morning, looked at the old measurements and didn't realize my stomach had been that big!! I've lost nearly 6 inches off my stomach and nearly another 6 inches off my waist! So happy with what I saw on the measuring tape this morning! (Still want to shed a couple more inches to get the stomach flat. If that's even possible!)
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    It is finally warm enough to wear dresses!!! Which is a good thing because I don't have a single pair of jeans that don't look like boys jeans on me anymore! Also all my clothes require belts to stay up these days.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!