Twelve year old nephew stronger than 30 yo boyfriend??

Options

Replies

• 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Damn y'all are harsh lol. Who cares if he's weaker then your nephew? Is that an issue for you? If so, maybe you're the one w/ the problem. Just sayin.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Wrestling is a tuff sport, so he would have the upper hand if he does that. I do jiu jitsu, and Iv been choked or arm bared by people smaller and a lot younger then me. It happens no big deal. So it's not all about strength. I was much stronger then these people, but I lost because they had more experience and better technique of that sport.

Do you need a hanky for your tears too?
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Just break up
  • 1daylate1dollarshort
    Options
    This was on Yahoo Answers like, a year or two ago.

Don't judge me. I specifically remember this for some reason. I don't recall what the question was...
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    it sounds like your boyfriend is controlling and manipulative. normally id say you need therapy but i think you just need to break up
  • gbbarbru
    gbbarbru Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Give her a break. It is not like she is telling us his name. She doesn't know if this is normal... neither do I.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    My nephew beat my boyfriend wrestling, arm-wrestling, and did more sit-ups, push-ups and pull-ups. My boyfriend trying hard to win and almost cried he was so embarrassed afterward.

My nephew is only 115 lbs and my boyfriend 155ish, but my nephew plays sports and is athletic while my boyfriend just exercises. Is this normal? Is my boyfriend just weak, or is my nephew just strong for his age and size because he plays sports?

It is normal for smaller/younger people to be able to do more chin-ups and push-ups , because their strength to weight ratio is a bit different than an adult's. They have less weight to lift/push but still enough strength in many cases to do it. I dunno what to tell you about the arm wrestling tho.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Just maybe… Your boyfriend didn't want to beat up a little kid and hoped to gain points with you for letting your nephew win. Boy was he wrong!
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My 15 year d nephew is 115lbs plays sports and wrestles. He's stronger than a few grown men I know of. If I wrestle with him and give him a head start it takes a good bit of effort to break out of his holds, but once I'm out it's game over for him lol
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    My nephew beat my boyfriend wrestling, arm-wrestling, and did more sit-ups, push-ups and pull-ups. My boyfriend trying hard to win and almost cried he was so embarrassed afterward.

My nephew is only 115 lbs and my boyfriend 155ish, but my nephew plays sports and is athletic while my boyfriend just exercises. Is this normal? Is my boyfriend just weak, or is my nephew just strong for his age and size because he plays sports?

your boyfriend is a hipster, right?

if so, then no. this is normal for hipster. absence of muscle is how they fit into those skinny jeans. :tongue:
    lolololll...
    You're on a roll

speaking of donkey rolls...

http://kaleidoscope.cultural-china.com/en/133Kaleidoscope11345.html

I was more intrigued by the Dongpo Pork.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    It's not weird...some people are naturally stronger than others.

It is weird he has been battered by a 12 year old 115 pound kid, it is like my grandmother giving me a wedgie in public and she is 97, has no teeth, has a plastic hip and smells of lavender, we live in a non judgmental world but if i got butt kicked by bambi i would worry

You are funny. I like you
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    First post : check
    Recent join date : check

Suspicious thread is suspicious... but on the off-chance this is legit:
    Just maybe… Your boyfriend didn't want to beat up a little kid (...)
    +1

110 pounds is barely 50 kilos. The vast majority of men (most women, too) could just catch the kid in a bear hug, lift him off the ground, slam him into a wall and insta-win. Most wouldn't.
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    He's 30 years old and he weighs 155 pounds? How is that possible? When I was 15 and skinny I weighed 175-180.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Wrestling is a tuff sport, so he would have the upper hand if he does that. I do jiu jitsu, and Iv been choked or arm bared by people smaller and a lot younger then me. It happens no big deal. So it's not all about strength. I was much stronger then these people, but I lost because they had more experience and better technique of that sport.

Do you need a hanky for your tears too?

No i should be ok. But thanks for the offer.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I want to fight your nephew. He sounds like a bully.
  • stanleypoobrick
    stanleypoobrick Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    So your nephew is stronger than your boyfriend. You can be strong without being "big". My sister has a friend who is rail thin and weighs substantially less than me but has freakish strength. I arm wrestled her once and it was like my arm was made of noodles :(

Wrestling is a good sport for building strength and flexibility so that probably has something to do with it.

Exactly! I'm 110lbs so less than this person's nephew but I'm a pole dancer/do weight-training so have never lost an arm-wrestle/push-up challenge against my male friends.

Also, it's easy to build lean muscle when you're a child! Have you never been to a park and seen 7 year olds flying across the monkey-bars when the majority of adults can't even do one pull-up?
  • Leslien25
    Leslien25 Posts: 46
    Options
    He does something where he performs different exercises. He's tones and all. Now if he could just strength train more, or maybe my nephew is strong because I read where wrestlers like gymnast have really strong upperbodies.
  • Leslien25
    Options
    Good point!
  • Leslien25
    Options
    He can be a bit cocky but he seems to take his wrestling mma or whatever he does serious. He was a sport about winning against my boyfriend even though he wanted to wrestle him again, in front of the family, knowing he'd already probably embarrassed him.