NSV - Non Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wow, great thread idea! I have a couple of NSV's to share (actually more of those than scale victories!)

-Having the shorts that didn't fit at all 2 months ago, be so loose I HAD to wear a belt
    -A woman looked at me on Tuesday and asked "Have you lost weight?" The best feeling in the world!!
    -Having my husband hug me and say "you are getting skinny!"
    -Tasting something at a party and deciding it wasn't that good so not worth the calories and I PUT IT DOWN!
    -when out running errands on Tuesday and I was STARVING but knew I would be eating as soon as I got home, I passed by all the fast food places calling my name (even though at every sign I thought about what would taste soooo good there) went home and had an amazing salad.

the loose clothing feeling is my FAVORITE :D congrats
  • dancer77
    Options
    Wow, I like these so far :)

1. Trying on my sister's jeans and having them being so loose that I can pull them off without unbuttoning them.
    2. Working out for the first time in months (something NOT dance related. I always go to dance but I haven't been self-motivated
    working out this fall semester).
    3. Getting a photographer to request me for a studio shoot. .....and that is a lot of motivation for getting skinny!!!!.....
  • davebarron
    Options
    Used to be I couldn't walk a block to the subway without breaking into a drenching sweat. Now I walk at nearly a running pace for 35 minutes to and from work each week day and I don't even breathe hard, and I am going to take up jogging starting this weekend.

I can stop at 1 cookie now.

I can have chocolate in the house and not devour it in one sitting.

But I stil can't keep cheese in the house :)
  • dancer77
    Options
    Last night after dinner, the dishwasher was still running so our plates and cups, etc., were sitting on the table (don't you hate mis-timing dishwasher cycles??). The old me would have left it until tomorrow and just plopped into my favorite chair until bed, from sheer exhaustion. Instead, I busied myself with the pots, pans, serving dishes, made the school/work lunches for the next day, cleaned up the kitchen, unloaded the clean dishes and reloaded the dishwasher, so that I didn't have to come down to a dirty kitchen in the morning!

You rock!
  • shekae
    shekae Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We did some Christmas baking today (to give to family and friends) and I only ate 1 cookie.... a little bitty blob of cookie dough and one little lick of melted chocolate with peppermint extract in it. It was tough to not eat more of the reject cookies that either ran together or got overdone, but I feel really proud of myself! Last year I felt so sick to my stomach after eating all those sweets all day.
  • EclaireP
    EclaireP Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm recovering from back surgery so I could very easily be wallowing in chocolate, sweets and alcohol. I say this because that is exactly what I did after the last surgery. This time however, I am not craving any of those things. Not that I am trying to avoid them, I simply don't desire them.

:happy:
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Today I bought new, cute red plaid pj's in size small! My old pj's were large and looked pretty silly. Also, I survived Christmas without turning into the cookie monster. :bigsmile:
  • ZebraGlee78
    ZebraGlee78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've been under my calorie goal everyday...before adding in the exercises!

:bigsmile:
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Sunday I went shopping for new clothes (already a win in my book!) and had to buy TekGear medium's shirts AND pants!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    NSV - my coworker bought me a great purple sweater from Kohl's for Christmas. She bought it from their junior section. It fits perfectly.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    AVERAGED A NINE MINUTE MILE THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I've walked 8.5 miles this month!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    I fell off the wagon this last week. No that's not right ....I did a swan dive off the wagon & did the backstroke in the pool of bad choices. But today, I dried myself off & pulled myself up and got it toghether.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    So the past few weeks have been crazy. I traded in my minivan for a much smaller car, and my aunt died (she was 97 and died in her sleep after having spent the previous day doing everything she loved doing). The holidays hit, and I have been cleaning out her apartment since.

Yesterday, I hired a moving company to bring her furniture to my house. My garage door was open and my car was parked in front of my neighbor's house, across the street. At one point, I looked up and saw my neighbor coming out of his house with crutches. I walked over to talk to him. As I approached, I saw him turn around and head for the door as I said "Hi Steve!" He turned around with a huge relieved smile on his face.

He told me that he saw my garage door open, and didn't see my van. He saw the moving van and people coming in and out of my house, and he didn't see me. He was headed back inside to call the police.

Well, I was standing out in front of my house the whole time, I just had lost enough weight that he didn't recognize me! He completely, totally made my day!
  • sk4399
    sk4399 Posts: 96
    Options
    So the past few weeks have been crazy. I traded in my minivan for a much smaller car, and my aunt died (she was 97 and died in her sleep after having spent the previous day doing everything she loved doing). The holidays hit, and I have been cleaning out her apartment since.

Yesterday, I hired a moving company to bring her furniture to my house. My garage door was open and my car was parked in front of my neighbor's house, across the street. At one point, I looked up and saw my neighbor coming out of his house with crutches. I walked over to talk to him. As I approached, I saw him turn around and head for the door as I said "Hi Steve!" He turned around with a huge relieved smile on his face.

He told me that he saw my garage door open, and didn't see my van. He saw the moving van and people coming in and out of my house, and he didn't see me. He was headed back inside to call the police.

Well, I was standing out in front of my house the whole time, I just had lost enough weight that he didn't recognize me! He completely, totally made my day!

That is so cool! Congrats!
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    NSV - I went into Quiktrip to grab a coffee and breakfast this morning because I was in a rush. I got my coffee with non dairy creamer - NO SUGAR!!! and I passed up the doughnuts without even blinking and grabbed a banana instead!! Yay me!
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I love this thread - I don't have a NSV yet but when I get there and have one this is the first place I will come. Thanx for creating such an awesome boost of confidence :happy:
  • jbarton163
    jbarton163 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I bought a shirt 4 months ago and left the tags on because I didn't like how it looked just yet. I told myself I wouldn't cut off the tags until it really fit the way it should. Last night, I cut off the tags. :)
  • airsangel
    airsangel Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have just started my weight loss journey & have not lost much scale-wise but...my NSV for now is the fact that I have gone from a 12 pack of mountain dew a day, to nothing but water. I am on day 5 & feeling so much better already.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have just started my weight loss journey & have not lost much scale-wise but...my NSV for now is the fact that I have gone from a 12 pack of mountain dew a day, to nothing but water. I am on day 5 & feeling so much better already.

That is a HUGE victory! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!