What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Crispy Thai Beef Salad.... not sure what all is in it since Hubby is the cook, and he just puts the meal in his tracker and I copy it over to mine. :laugh:
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    We grilled pork chops, carrots and bell pepper. If I had thought of it in time, I would have grilled a Jalapeno too. Also had couscous and a slice of the low sugar peach pie with mixed fruit. Photobucket wouldn't load for me, so I started a new album on FB.

10157334_722720494439743_3524059725236439544_n.jpg
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Crunchy Mushroom Lettuce Wraps
    Adapted from: Happy Mothering
    http://www.happy-mothering.com/04/recipes/gluten-free-crunchy-mushroom-lettuce-wraps-recipe/
    Serves 2 or 3

Ingredients

1 Tbsp. canola oil
    2 drops of sesame oil
    2 carrots, grated
    1/2 onion, finely diced
    8 oz. can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
    8 oz. package mushrooms, chopped
    3 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
    1 Tbsp. honey
    1 tsp. garlic chili sauce
    Iceberg lettuce leaves
    Green onions, sliced (optional)
    Lime, cut into wedges (optional)

Directions

Heat canola and sesame oil in a large pan over medium heat, add carrots, onion and water chestnut. Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes. Combine soy sauce, honey and garlic chili sauce. Stir into mushroom mixture and cook a minute longer, or until everything is heated through. To serve spoon the mixture into individual lettuce leaves. Garnish (optional) with green onions and a squeeze of lime.
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I had a (big) late loooong lunch yesterday with guests so ended up not hungry for dinner and just had a green smoothie. It was one of those meals with several courses that you sit down to for more than an hour.

My lunch was good though. I don't have any pictures, but it was delicious. Lentil soup, salad with pomegranate seeds (and the juice), cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, spinach, fresh minced mint, parsley, and cilantro with a bit of lime and salt, chicken and lamb kofta with sauteed veggies, pasta with some meat, white cheese, more sauteed veggies, and a veggies dish stuffed with rice and minced meat cooked in a tomato sauce.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Grilled pork chop salad with mango pineapple salsa. Spiced up leftover couscous with green beans and stir fry.

1609796_723315851046874_8325130838120699225_n.jpg
  • dklibert
    Options
    larrodarro, Would share more about the mango pineapple salsa you use? Do you have a recipe to share? Or a favorite brand? TIA
  • larrodarro
    Options
    larrodarro, Would share more about the mango pineapple salsa you use? Do you have a recipe to share? Or a favorite brand? TIA

Several people told us Walmart and Publix carried it, but we couldn't find it. We looked on line at recipes and changed things around to suit our taste. So far we have made it four times, and each time changed it a little. It was easier for us to use frozen fruit, so we didn't have to worry about wasting any. The basic recipe is:
    1/2 cup Mango
    1/2 cup Pineapple
    1/4 red Onion
    1/2 Jalapeno Pepper {+/- to taste}
    1/2 Bell Pepper {+/- to taste}
    1/4 cup Cilantro
    1 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice

(We used 1/2 cup tomato once, but wasn't happy with it. And the last time we used 1/2 cup cucumbers, and it was alright.)

Dice everything, mix well and drizzle with lemon juice. Chill for a couple of hours before serving. We serve it with fish most of the time, but it was good with the pork chops too. And I have used it on salads instead of dressing.
  • dklibert
    Options
    Thanks so much! I can't wait to try it. It looks so good in all of your photos.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Thanks so much! I can't wait to try it. It looks so good in all of your photos.

Your welcome. Enjoy.

Larro
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Noodle stir fry {made with ground chuck because we could find any turkey in the freezer}, carrot, tomato, onion and Jalapeno.

1939554_723784004333392_4738266127922828467_n.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Several people told us Walmart and Publix carried it, but we couldn't find it. We looked on line at recipes and changed things around to suit our taste. So far we have made it four times, and each time changed it a little. It was easier for us to use frozen fruit, so we didn't have to worry about wasting any. The basic recipe is:
    1/2 cup Mango
    1/2 cup Pineapple
    1/4 red Onion
    1/2 Jalapeno Pepper {+/- to taste}
    1/2 Bell Pepper {+/- to taste}
    1/4 cup Cilantro
    1 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice

(We used 1/2 cup tomato once, but wasn't happy with it. And the last time we used 1/2 cup cucumbers, and it was alright.)

Dice everything, mix well and drizzle with lemon juice. Chill for a couple of hours before serving. We serve it with fish most of the time, but it was good with the pork chops too. And I have used it on salads instead of dressing.

This looks very similar to the one I make, only instead of pineapple I use a diced avocado, and then add a little bit of minced garlic. I use it a lot in summertime with blackened salmon, fish tacos, jerk chicken, etc. Very versatile and definitely one of my go to's!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    It was a crazy day at home, then a crazy night at work. Supper was late, but I finally got around to eating. Had a salad, carrot, tomato, green beans, stir fry veggies and the leftover noodle stir fry. There were left over salsa and chips on the bar when I got home, so I ate that too.

10151862_724312354280557_7783850260986239959_n.jpg
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Already ate mine, but I had 1/2 cup Bush's Baked Beans with 1 oz. chips. Not healthy I know but oh so good and fits into my calories/macros :D
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I came in from work early, and cooked us a couple of turkey sausage omelettes. I made mine with colby/jack cheese and scallions, then topped it with onions, tomatoes and salsa. It was very good.

1897662_724851007560025_3637905530307814758_n.jpg
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Green lentils with cubed grilled chicken, a scoop of cottage and spaghetti sauce, all mixed together hot. Low calories, lots of protein, very filling, and tastes just as good as spaghetti!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Grilled turkey burger wraps, sweet potato, onion slices, corn and stir fry veggies. We broke in a new grill tonight. An electric George Foreman. Really liked it. It cooks hotter than our old GE grill.

10151258_725439464167846_5388367966172872516_n.jpg

1458627_725439614167831_7259993391020208229_n.jpg
  • firestation12
    Options
    Spinach Parmesan Pasta with Cherry Tomatos and Grilled Chicken Stips.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I had planned on turkey burger wrap reruns, but I had some pork sausage leftover from earlier in the day, so I cooked the rest of it, and made a sausage/burger wrap. It was too fat to wrap, though. Also had sweet potatoes and green beans. The wife fixed a new frozen low sugar chocolate pudding. It isn't frozen yet, but just from licking the whisk, I'll say it's going to be a good one.

Larro's frozen low sugar chocolate pudding: {double batch} 18 servings, 66 calories per serving.

2 1.4 oz packages of Jello sugar free chocolate pudding and pie filling
    3 cups skim milk
    4 cups lite Cool Whip

10155181_726035367441589_9009457902841024129_n.jpg
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Sirloin steak with grilled caramelized onions, steamed broccoli and mashed sweet potato with salt and pepper.
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Bump! I can' t wait to see more!