Odd assumptions

Replies

• luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    People often make assumptions about me that I'm a snob, or a b1*ch because I am more of a reserved person, and get kind of shy until I get to know someone. Others who have gotten to know me well have described me as having a 'resting b1*tch face" haha, so I'm probably doomed on people's 'assumptions' of me.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    People assume I'm part white...

...when I'm half Hispanic....

THEN they assume I speak spanish.

...I don't. lol :noway:

@ummlovelovesyou
    LOL... one of my best friends is Mexican and doesn't speak a word of Spanish... it's hilarious when we go out and the Hispanic guys try to hit on her... you KNOW they don't believe for a moment that she really can't understand them! :bigsmile:
  • sdonovan96
    sdonovan96 Posts: 46 Member
    Most people think I give a shlt what they think.

^^^This...all day long.
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    People assume I'm part white...

...when I'm half Hispanic....

THEN they assume I speak spanish.

...I don't. lol :noway:

LOL... one of my best friends is Mexican and doesn't speak a word of Spanish... it's hilarious when we go out and the Hispanic guys try to hit on her... you KNOW they don't believe for a moment that she really can't understand them! :bigsmile:

I have a good friend who is a light skinned black guy. When he was living in NYC, people would always come up to him speaking Spanish because they assumed he was Puerto Rican. It would make him so mad. :laugh:
  • People often assume that I'm an obnoxious outgoing girl who just wears glasses to look smart...I'm legally blind without them and my graduate degree says I'm smart enough.

They also assume I go out and party all the time because I live in a college town. It gets annoying when I constantly get asked how much I drink.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    A lot of people assume I am a quiet person - then they get to know me :tongue:

Growing up (and even still) people thought I was slow when it came to learning. I made average grade. Just because I wasn't at the top of the class, doesn't mean I was a slow learner. Pass in my school was 70 and I never failed one class. When I finished high school, I was on the B Honour Roll. I went off to college and earned a Bachelor's degree (One of the first that I went to school with that did. Mind you I went to a small private school and there was 9 in my graduating class). From there I decided to get my Masters. I had someone tell me "what makes you think you can get your masters. You barely got your Bachelors." I have a Master of Science degree. Three years ago I went back to school and got my Paralegal degree. I graduated with honours. (I was 0.25 away from graduating with high honours) . Now people think I am smart! Not really! I've just worked hard and studied hard!
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    A lot of people think I'm a b*tch because I have the blonde hair. I'm not :) I'm very nice.
  • kilsafari
    kilsafari Posts: 61
    I don't know and I don't want to know what people think about me, lol
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Basically, anything i enjoy doing people assume i wouldnt enjoy doing.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    People assume I'm quiet. And normal.
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Oh wow haha! Most people just assume that I'm either too weird to hang out with or so sweet they can walk all over me.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    That because I'm sarcastic and have a dry sense of humor that I'm not sensitive.

When people *really* know me they know that I actually get my feelers hurt quite easily.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    most people think I give a F$%k....but in reality my give a F$%k meter is busted
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    People assume that I know EVERYTHING about EVERY piece of software ever made because I work on computers. Students constantly ask me how to do stuff in Photoshop, JCreator, etc.

I'm just like, "I just install the software. I don't know how to use it. Google it." Then they get mad at me and I just walk away.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Because I have worked at my dad's auto repair shop since I was like, 16 I get all kinds of fun assumptions.

Mostly, people assume that I am about 10-15 years younger than I actually am, that I never went to college or held another job.
    People also have a tendency to assume I am an unmarried, single mother living with my parents. A few have apparently thought I was a teen mom.

First am not sure how people miss that I've been making their inspection appointments for 10 years and think I am 18-19. Second, hail to Pitt, and third, I was the evening manager of a Rite Aid by the time I was 20, writing quarter to half a million dollar grants by the time I was 25. I've operated my own successful wedding photography for, oh 4 years now. Also, married, own my own house.

Overly the years, I've gone from really angry/annoyed to generally perplexed by people who assume that if you work for your parents at a business that's been around for 40 years, you must be a degenerate or drain. I've come to enjoy embarrassing people who end up putting their foot in their mouths.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    I've had quite a few assumptions that I don't want kids, despite working with children from 16-23 and generally being a kid magnet and kid whisperer.

I've had a few assumptions that I'm Jewish...? :huh:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    I always look angry but I am usually in a pretty good mood!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    People assume that sort of thing about me sometimes, but I head that crap off at the pass by showing pictures of my ice cream-covered, bacon-filled cinnamon rolls.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    People assume that sort of thing about me sometimes, but I head that crap off at the pass by showing pictures of my ice cream-covered, bacon-filled cinnamon rolls.

People here assume you don't know what vegetables taste like.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member

People here assume you don't know what vegetables taste like.

Gotta love people and their assumptions.
  • People assume that because I am quite introverted, that I am also a push-over. Until I have to argue with them in court. They always seem shocked that I can advocate better than them. :wink:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    People think I am cold and aloof when I am introverted and a bit socially awkward.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    people assume I am quiet and serious... oh and a church mouse..... lol.... then they get to know me!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    - People think I'm either shy or snobby based on the fact that I keep to myself. Introvert problems.

-People think I'm naturally thin.

-People think I take my job more seriously than I really do. (I would quit in a heartbeat if I was told to do something I didn't want to do.)

-People assume that my husband and I have a lot of money. We make less than most people I know, but we are really good at being thrifty.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    I have boobs, therefore I must be dumb.

This.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,855 Member
    People just assume i'm awesome.
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    People just assume i'm awesome.

Cause beard. :drinker:
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    That I'm hilarious and really confident. I'm some sort of a geek, and I'm reaaaally socially awkward hahaha *snort* ahaha.

giphy.gif

Oh and many think I'm a saint. :devil:
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    People assume that I'm dumb and can't possibly be more successful than them without a man's financial support. They also assume that I'm shy.
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Most people think I am a neck moving, finger waiving, "Oh no you didn't girl". But IDGAF what they think.