Body Beast Women's Group!

Options

Replies

• jensurr
    jensurr Posts: 23
    Options
    A big welcome to our new ladies, good to have you here!

Jag720 Glad you are liking it. I felt the same way, so good to get back to good old fashion weight lifting! But I must say, if I wasn't doing P90x3 along with it, I'd be missing the cardio and plyo stuff also. I wish they would create a program that effectively combines the two!

ddavies Thanks for the website info. Unfortunately, I couldn't get on because i'm not a member :(

jmortal You sound similar to me and what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm also on the petite side and want to lose BF% and gain muscle, but don't really need to lose weight. I think this program is great for what we want to do. My approach has been to increase my calories by a couple hundred or so to make sure I have enough energy and enough calories for muscle growth. But I'm also adding a lot of cardio through P90x3. So far it's working. I'm seeing more muscle tone and I've lost BF.

alyssa I can tell you the first phase of the program takes about 40-50 minutes a day depending on the DVD. It goes by very fast :). I start the second phase next week, so I'm not sure of the time frame on that yet.
  • jmortel1
    jmortel1 Posts: 8
    Options
    @jensurr: I'll try upping my calories a bit over the next few weeks and see if that helps make any changes, thanks for the suggestion! How long have you been doing Body Beast? When did you start to notice results? I'm only on Day 3 today (Build Legs is no jokel I'm definitely gonna be hobbling around today lol) so I know my journey is just beginning...
  • jensurr
    Options
    @jensurr: I'll try upping my calories a bit over the next few weeks and see if that helps make any changes, thanks for the suggestion! How long have you been doing Body Beast? When did you start to notice results? I'm only on Day 3 today (Build Legs is no jokel I'm definitely gonna be hobbling around today lol) so I know my journey is just beginning...

My husband and I just finished Sagi's Week 3, but it took us 4 weeks to do it. My husband likes a Mon-Sun type schedule so I've added extra cardio days to make it work. I can't really pinpoint how long it takes to see changes. I started P90x3 a few weeks before BB, so some of the changes could be from that. I was very sore the first week also. But your body will adjust quickly :)
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday ladies! Today is my rest day! I do a M-Sat schedule, works best for me since Sunday's are my food prep, laundry, rest, clean day before the new week starts.

Welcome new beastettes!!!

jmortel: Have you used the guide book to help you calculate what your intake should be? It's pretty accurate, depending on what you're trying to accomplish. And what version of Beast are you doing? Huge or Lean? The lean has more cardio in it to help with fat loss. I will say this, don't be afraid to up your intake a bit, play around with it for a week, adding 100 extra calories if you need to. Just make sure you're eating clean.

Alyssa: Like jensurr was saying, the first phase can take 40-50 min but the second phase workouts are a bit shorter, only about 38 min or so. I love the Bulk phase workouts, they're my favorite!

ckidd: I don't really have any pics of my first round because I honestly wasn't pleased, only because I knew I needed to drop some fat but just dove in anyway. Plus, I used all of the Body Beast supplements and although, they worked, I didn't like feeling "bigger" if that makes sense. So, my next round, I'm not going to use the supplements, just focus on the food and good, lean protein intake.
  • EmmieCar86
    EmmieCar86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Finished up week 2 and starting week 3. Feel a bit stronger and wasn't as sore until I did a cross fit class Saturday morning and Ouch!!! My anterior deltoid is still really sore 3 days after so I'm not working too hard today. Gonna do my cardio/ab day:)
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Still going strong on week 3 of Bulk. I do have a question tho. I will finish Bulk on April 25. We are leaving for vacation on April 29 - May 7. How do you think taking the week off between Bulk and Beast will affect me?
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Good Morning!

Still going strong on week 3 of Bulk. I do have a question tho. I will finish Bulk on April 25. We are leaving for vacation on April 29 - May 7. How do you think taking the week off between Bulk and Beast will affect me?

Woo hoo! How are you feeling so far? Starting to see some new muscle definition? Are you going somewhere where you could either take the DVD's with you and have weights? Or, take the worksheets? If not, I would recommend taking that week to do some active recovery, meaning do some other form of exercising if you can while on vacation. I don't where you're going but walking, hiking, do some push ups to keep up some strength, tricep dips etc. Something to keep your body moving.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Happy Sunday ladies! How is everyone doing? I am thrilled that I am 2 weeks into the 21 Day Fix and officially back into the 150's!!!! I have lost 8.2lbs! Now, I know that will fluctuate up a bit when I start lifting again but I will be continuing with the eating plan while doing Beast! I feel refocused and ready to go! :bigsmile:
  • healthyfitwell
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm so happy to see a BB group here. I started week 3 of Build phase today. I AM LOVING THIS PROGRAM. It just may be my soulmate workout. :) I have a lot of weight to lose, especially in the midsection (I'm a total apple) but after trial and error with different workout dvds, I feel like I've finally found my groove and will be successful this time. I've been doing 1800 calories 50/25/25 but lowered it to 1700 today just to see how it goes.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Cristy
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm so happy to see a BB group here. I started week 3 of Build phase today. I AM LOVING THIS PROGRAM. It just may be my soulmate workout. :) I have a lot of weight to lose, especially in the midsection (I'm a total apple) but after trial and error with different workout dvds, I feel like I've finally found my groove and will be successful this time. I've been doing 1800 calories 50/25/25 but lowered it to 1700 today just to see how it goes.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Cristy

Welcome Cristy! I hear ya! I think BB may be my soul mate workout too! I absolutely LOVE lifting and lifting heavy! I hope you took before pics and measurements! You'll be glad you did!
  • kel7298
    Options
    ***happy girl alert***

I got a EZ curl bar for my birthday. Today's bulk leg will never be the same. :sad:
  • ddavies919
    Options
    ***happy girl alert***

I got a EZ curl bar for my birthday. Today's bulk leg will never be the same. :sad:

Nice birthday present! And Happy Birthday!!!
  • jensurr
    Options
    Good morning girls! I'm in the second week of the Bulk phase and still going strong. I can see more muscle definition which is exciting :happy: . On the downside, I've been at a standstill for weight loss. I can't tell if it's because I started a new birth control pill or because of the added muscle. I'm hoping it's the latter. I have a special event in about 50 days that I'm trying to be in great shape for. Time is running out fast, lol.

Kel7298 Happy birthday! That is an awesome present!! Have a great vacation and enjoy yourself! I agree with ddavies, I'd try to maintain by doing whatever you could. Lots of body weigh exercises you could do. I think the biggest and most important challenge when on vacation is eating well. Good luck, you can do it!

ddavies919 - Wow, that's a lot of weight to lose so fast! Glad it is working for you. Do you find you are satisfied after the amount of food you are allowed to eat? Have you figured out if it's less calories than you were eating before?

Healthyfitwell - Welcome to the group, glad you found something that you love! Keep us up to date on how you are doing :)
  • ddavies919
    Options
    jensurr: Nice job! I have to say, it could be in part due to the birth control pills but more than likely, it's due to being in the Bulk phase, totally normal! You'll probably find that during the Beast phase, you'll start to really lean out a bit! Keep up the good work! And thanks about the weight loss! I finally feel like I'm back to myself again and ready again for Beast! I am actually full from the food! It's pretty much what I was used to eating before with a little more fruit added in, so lots of fiber! I am hoping I can really hit it hard this week! I miss my Beast!!!!
  • healthyfitwell
    Options
    Thank you! I did take pics and measurements. I don't notice much in the way of clothing fitting me differently or anything, but I do feel "tighter" within, if that makes any sense! :)

This morning was Shoulders. Man, those 1, 1, 2's and the Sagi 6 are brutal. I feel like such a wimp because I lift so light, but I'm sore all over so I know it's working!

I hope you are all having a great day!

Cristy
  • kel7298
    Options
    Afternoon all!

Decided to sub out BB cardio for CLX Burn Intervals. Chalene and CLX is what got me into lifting.

D & J - Thank you for the bday wishes. It was a terrific day/weekend. Also, thanks for the advice on the vaca....will be somewhat active (walking mostly). I'm gonna do my best on the food but I make no promises...it's vacation :)

Cristy - don't feel like a wimp, you gotta start somewhere. I personally don't feel like I lift heavy, but I am feeling it for sure. Just keep Beasting up!
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I started Body Beast today, doing the lean program. I just finished P90X3, with great results! I really love weights so I am excited to start this program. I really liked the Chest and Tris video, I am anxious to see what else is in store. Would love to have some new active friends to encourage! Feel free to add me. :-)
  • crystal075
    crystal075 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Cool program...I am also the same weight not losing, but leaning out, so this is interesting!
  • healthyfitwell
    Options
    Thx Kel! This is true, I've got to start somewhere. Problem is I've been starting and restarting a lot recently, so it feels SO GOOD to finally be into it and not wanting to look back. It's awesome. Today I have Chest/Tris and am going to do Tempo. I really like that one. Last time I did it I was shaking like Elvis! LOL

Thanks to all who have accepted my friend requests, I appreciate it! The more friends I see kicking *kitten* and sticking to it, the better motivated I'll be to do the same!

Moonblood, I'm doing Lean also! I think you'll love it. Added you today!
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just started BB yesterday. I've done quite a few rounds of Stronglifts 5x5 and was looking to mix things up. My tris and chest aren't as sore as I thought they would be. Today I'll do the dreaded Build-Legs that I've heard is really tough. I'm looking forward to seeing what Sagi has in store (but a little scurred too). I love a good case of the DOMS. Bring it on!