Anyone interested in a "Those Last Pesky 20 Pounds" Group?

Options

Replies

• Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Wasn't feeling too good yesterday so didn't put as much effort into my workout. Didn't burn as many cals as per usual. Today was better. Felt good and pushed. I did TF Fire 55 & Fire 30. I was a sweaty mess when I was done, but I felt good!!

Good for still doing it even though you weren't up to par yesterday. Glad today was better, that you pushed it out and feel awesome. That's what it's all about, right?

I popped in here for motivation after a horrible start today. I had christmas candy for breakfast and warm apple pie ala mode for lunch. Ew. I mean, there's definitely a time and a place for each of those things -but this was not it. :( Trying to psych up for a good, hard workout so I can let it go and move on.:grumble:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Smiles--You can still clean up your day!

sas16--Great job on the workout today! I did Fire 55EZ today. Burned a ton of calories too!
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Well, I am staying on track calorie wise and of course I am working out. I started the 100 push up program yesterday as well. I need some upper body strength. Anyway, I was under calories yesterday and today I did a strength training class at the gym during lunch. I am also hiking after work with my dog and a big group. So far, so good.
    Hope everyone is doing swell!

Mary
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Great job, Mary!

I am kind of excited to get up in the morning to step on the scale again. I like that I've lost 3.6 pounds in 2 days, so I am anxious to see how much more I've lost. :smile:
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a mini vacation after christmas, we went wine tasting and ate yummy food. I feel that I have been somewhat unhealthy or off track for about a week. I am ready to jump back on board. No guilt here, I let myself have a true vacation.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Good for still doing it even though you weren't up to par yesterday. Glad today was better, that you pushed it out and feel awesome. That's what it's all about, right?

I popped in here for motivation after a horrible start today. I had christmas candy for breakfast and warm apple pie ala mode for lunch. Ew. I mean, there's definitely a time and a place for each of those things -but this was not it. :( Trying to psych up for a good, hard workout so I can let it go and move on.:grumble:
    I've had days like that. Tomorrow's a new day. Ya just start fresh. You can do it!!
  • sas16
    Options
    sas16--Great job on the workout today! I did Fire 55EZ today. Burned a ton of calories too!
    Thanks! How are you liking TF? I'm sure you're glad you broke your plateau! :smile:
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Thanks! How are you liking TF? I'm sure you're glad you broke your plateau! :smile:
    It's hard, but I like it!
  • sas16
    Options
    TF HIIT 25 & HIIT 20, and BL last chance workout today. Feeling pretty good! Exercise isn't my problem it's mainly staying within my cal limit. And I really need to work on lowering my sodium intake. I do try to drink as much water as I can though to counter that.

Hope you all have a good day!
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Didn't end up doing my "normal " routine yesterday. My hip was out from my new and taller stepper, and my arms killed from starting a push up routine. Love to feel the burn....ok, not so much, but knows that its working! So back on it today. Plus taking down Christmas (which is a chore on its own) and looks like some new snow, so some shoveling too. Should be a good burn day :happy: Hope that I can loose another pound by friday. Didn't loose last week, and I want to have some drinks on New Years! :drinker: And I want to do it guilt free.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options

I've had days like that. Tomorrow's a new day. Ya just start fresh. You can do it!!

Thanks to both you and Amy, I did reign it in a bit! I did 80 mins of zumba and then made sure to get some nutrients in (spring mix salad, cauliflower, all that good stuff). There's room for improvement, but I think I managed to salvage the day.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    TF HIIT 25 & HIIT 20, and BL last chance workout today. Feeling pretty good! Exercise isn't my problem it's mainly staying within my cal limit. And I really need to work on lowering my sodium intake. I do try to drink as much water as I can though to counter that.

Hope you all have a good day!

Same here - the real challenge is staying within calorie limits. :( And sodium. You can do it, it takes determination! If you've got that much discipline for exercise, surely it can be transferred to eating, right? :wink: That's what I'm telling myself!

Have a great day!
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Well I made it out last night for my hike...It was a ncie steep climb to the top and my dog made it too! Today, since it is raining and I can not run outside, I signed up for a Spin class, but feel a little apprehensive about it. The last time and only time I took a spin class was in 2001.

I kept within my calories too yesterday, so that was a huge plus. I have dropped two of the 4 I gained, so I am hoping to zero out the gain soon and start losing the 20 I want off!

Mary
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Great work, Mary!

Yeah, Smiles!!!

I did TF Fire 45, HIIT 20, and Stretch 10 today...burned 704 calories. Hope to see a nice loss on the scale in the morning.
  • AndreaB402
    AndreaB402 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have gotten myself this far and I am losing motivation but really need to do this for myself! Help please!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Great work, Mary!

Yeah, Smiles!!!

I did TF Fire 45, HIIT 20, and Stretch 10 today...burned 704 calories. Hope to see a nice loss on the scale in the morning.

That sounds like a great workout. Compared to all the other exercise / workouts you've done, what do you think of TF?

PS - Thank you for starting this thread. I'm finding that it helps to know there's a group of folks to come check in with. It's been a good week exercise-wise. ;) I went for a 50 minute run and did 10 mins of abs this morning.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Yes! I have gotten myself this far and I am losing motivation but really need to do this for myself! Help please!

Hi there!!! Glad to hear you've gottten yourself this far - you must be proud!! Would it help to revisit whatever was your initial motivation to start with? Why not share with us what were the main factors that led you into this journey of change?
  • shantig75
    Options
    I am definitely in! Have been tryin to lose those final 20lbs for years!
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone for not pigging out between xmas and new year

In the past i've seen it as a free week but not anymore, on boxing day i went for a 5 mile run, 27th the same, 28th and 29th I did 2 sessions of 30DS, today just 1 30DS and a run later after taking my girls for a long walk.

Really excited for next week, i should be getting my new BFBM and 6W6P dvds to try out, has anyone tried these?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well as you can see by my ticker, it really is the last 20 now. I have fattened up the cow.

Started with the trainer
    Logging every bite
    Thinking about my food again
    Exercise of some sort EVERY day

Going today for a mini-sx type thing so no exercise for a few days. I will walk though.