P90X CHALLENGE (JAN 1ST) PHASE 1

Options
The Time has come. It is 2011 and we are about to change our lives and turn ourselves into the strong confident individuals that we know we can be. This is the 2011 P90X CHALLENGE!!! In the next 90 days we are going to be strong and confident in all aspects of our lives. There are going to be days when we will fall and start to lose our drive but our main goal is to not let falls or failure define us. We are gonna fight and support each other along the journey and give motivation and tips. This is not going to be a piece of cake, this is gonna take work and dedication but if you are willing to take this challenge with me, i will try to help in anyway i can with emotional support and tips.

P.S. If anyone would still like to join or if you know that you will be starting a day or 2 later because of a new years hangover. It is all cool.

Before i start explaining the diet and workout program, i would really like for everyone to record there starting weight and measurements. You can also take your Day 1 photo as well. When you post you weight and measurements in the board, follow this format

Starting Weight:
waste:
hips:
chest:
right arm:
left arm:
right thigh:
left thigh:

I am going to host voluntary weekly weigh-in every week on saturday. At the end of every phase, it is mandatory to do your current measurements and weight.

P90X DIET:

For the Diet aspect of P90X, I would really like everyone to concentrate on a 1800 calorie budget. That is the lowest you can go on P90X supposebly. If you need more info, check online. Within your 1800 calorie budget, try to put in as much protein as you can. Protein is essential to getting you through your workouts. Remember, no less than 1800 calories!!!!!

WORKOUT PLANS:

For the P90X workout plan, i am going to concentrate on the Classic and Lean Programs since knowone signed up for doubles. You will need dumbells, resistance cord, pull up bar and a mat. Yoga blocks opitional. You can also adjust the moves if you don't have a pull up bar. I will post information about those programs in another post

Replies

• sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Classic Program Phase 1

WEEKS 1-3:During this phase, your goal should be to master each movement and finish the workouts in one piece. So for now, focus less on the amount of weight you are lifting and instead try to achieve your desired number of repitions while maintaining strict form. Remember to record your rep count and weight.

Day 1: Chest & Back (52:50), Ab Ripper X (16:07)
    Day 2: Plyometrics (58:36)
    Day 3: Shoulders & Arms (59:53), Ab Ripper X (16:07)
    Day 4: Yoga X (92:24)
    Day 5: Legs & Back (58:56), Ab Ripper X (16:07)
    Day 6: Kenpo X (58:46)
    Day 7: Rest or X Stretch (57:32)

and the Challengers are.......

maexxy
    kc4173
    jbeans67
    kappy2hot
    healthy_is_best
    think48
    bohochick
  • sarina87
    Options
    Lean Program Phase 1

WEEKS 1-3:During this period your body is going to get accustomed to the rigors and demands of P90X by forming engrams, or neuromuscular patterns that allow you to turn new movements into routine. Your aim should be to finish each workout and perfect each movement, as opposed to focusing on weight or resistance. As your body gets used to exercises, it will do them move efficiently and the amount of weight you can use will greatly increase. You should begin to see this skyrocket towards the end of week 3. Remember to record your rep count and weight amount on you FREE P90X Worksheets, downloadable at Beachbody.com/P90X or TeamBeachbody.com/P90X

Day 1: Core Synergistics (57:27) –
    Day 2: Cardio X (43:18) -
    Day 3: Shoulders & Arms (59:53), Ab Ripper X (16:07) -
    Day 4: Yoga X (92:24) -
    Day 5: Legs & Back (58:56), Ab Ripper X (16:07) -

and the challengers are....

sarina87
    bethvandenberg
    mafery
    Melisha82
    epeebes
    AIMEE23
    cdngrl81
    pghatc41

Side note: We still have some challengers who have yet to post which program you will be doing. We also have happinessblossom who is going to take on the P90 program which is basically an easier version of P90X, SO give her support, she's got 90 days to go as well.

sixpackgoal -
    CombatVet_Army -
    FunkBunny
    JWALL101
    Laura80111
    littlenikah
  • sarina87
    Options
    My Measurements

Starting Weight:172
    waste:37.5
    hips:42
    chest:39
    right arm:14
    left arm:13.5
    right thigh:23
    left thigh:25

Kinda funny, my right arm is bigger than left and my left thigh is bigger than my right.
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i'm in and my husband too but i'll post our stats tomorrow.
    I'm gonna have some trouble after day 48 i'm leaving for a year but i'll do the best i can :)
    were doing classic. I've completed it once.
  • shellync29
    shellync29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to join but I have the Insanity program. Would that count?

Weight: 207
    Waist: 36
    Hips: 44 1/2
    Chest: 43
    Right arm:14 1/2
    Left arm:14 1/2
    Right thigh: 281/2
    Left thigh: 28 1/2
  • sixpackgoal
    Options
    Classic Program Phase 1

WEEKS 1-3:During this phase, your goal should be to master each movement and finish the workouts in one piece. So for now, focus less on the amount of weight you are lifting and instead try to achieve your desired number of repitions while maintaining strict form. Remember to record your rep count and weight.

Day 1: Chest & Back (52:50), Ab Ripper X (16:07)
    Day 2: Plyometrics (58:36)
    Day 3: Shoulders & Arms (59:53), Ab Ripper X (16:07)
    Day 4: Yoga X (92:24)
    Day 5: Legs & Back (58:56), Ab Ripper X (16:07)

and the Challengers are.......

maexxy
    kc4173
    jbeans67
    kappy2hot
    healthy_is_best
    think48
    bohochick
    Please add me to classic.
    I have been running about 20-25 miles per week for last year. I will have to cut down mileage in half to fit P90X workouts into my schedule. I will post measurements and pics soon.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i'll b joinin as well. put me in on the classic. i'm currently joggin b/c i'm enterin a half marathon :smile:

i'll put in my measurements & info 2morrow

good luck every1!! :flowerforyou:
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!!

I'm doing classic.

Height: 5'10
    SW: 168
    Waist: 33.25
    Hips: 38.75
    Chest (ribs): 34.5
    Right arm: 11.75
    Left arm: 12.25 (I'm left handed...but 1/2"??)
    Right thigh: 21.25
    Left thigh: 20.5 (knee injury 20 years ago atrophied my leg..then it never caught up)

I'm about a week into the program already, W1D5 completed yesterday. Kenpo X today - I've been really looking forward to this one! I love kickboxing!
  • maexxy
    maexxy Posts: 15
    Options
    Happy New Year everybody!

My P90X starting measures:

starting weight: 178
    waist: 30.0
    hips: 39.3
    chest: 30.7
    right arm: 10.2
    left arm: 10.2
    right thigh: 23.6
    left thigh: 23.6

Let's go and change those numbers!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm still a bit concerned about it but I'm going to try. :) I'll be starting on Monday as my kids head back to school and it should be a bit easier. :)

Ok here we go!

starting weight: 197
    waist: 35
    Hips: 44
    chest: 41
    Right Arm 13
    Left Arm 13
    Right leg 25
    Left Leg 25.5
  • ClaireElanB
    ClaireElanB Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!
    Here are my stats -
    Starting Weight: 166 lbs
    waist: 32"
    hips: 40.5"
    chest: 36"
    right arm: 11.5
    left arm: 11.75
    right thigh: 25"
    left thigh: 24.75"
  • sarina87
    Options
    Hi all, Today was my first day of the Lean program. I feel like i did really well on Core Synergistics but some things were really hard. First off, i couldn't take it serious whenever Tony says "BANNANA". It just sounded really funny to me but i do think i will get over it.

I also have a question for anyone who might have an answer. Does anyone have tips or suggestions on how to dreya rolls. I was having a bit of an issue getting up once you get down. i tried pushing with my arms but no luck yet. Hopefully it will improve in time.
  • sarina87
    Options
    Classic Program Challengers (update)

maexxy
    kc4173
    jbeans67
    kappy2hot
    healthy_is_best
    think48
    bohochick
    sixpackgoal
    newman84
    GooBeGone
    mschelle

P.S. Thank you to bohochick, bethvandenberg, maexxy, mschelle, and shellync29 for getting those measurments up. Lets keep it up.
  • sarina87
    Options
    I would love to join but I have the Insanity program. Would that count?

Why not, i give you total props for taking on insanity. I will probably try that after P90X. Heard lots of great reviews.
  • shellync29
    shellync29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So the plan is that we are all going to weigh in every Saturday, right?
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    classic
    Starting Weight: 125
    waist: 28.5
    hips: 36.75
    chest: 32.5
    right arm: 10
    left arm: 10.25
    right thigh: 20.75
    left thigh:21
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    SW: 161 lbs
    Waist: 36"
    Hips: 42"
    Chest: 38"
    Right arm: 12"
    Left Arm: 12.25"
    Right thigh: 23.5 "
    Left thigh: 25"
    Lean Program
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I wish I could be in ...
    I have to put P90X on hold until after my half marathon.
    But I have ordered my resistance bands and my pull up bar...
    And I am planning on starting February 14th....

Oh, what is the difference between the classic and the lean program. How do you know which one you want to do? How can I still fit in my running 3 days/week with P90X?
  • sarina87
    Options
    So the plan is that we are all going to weigh in every Saturday, right?

anytime on saturday will be fine. i always weigh myself in the morning personally
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    sorry just got access to my internet

SW: 165 lbs

Waist: 33"
    Hips: 47"
    Chest: 38"
    Right arm: 12"
    Left Arm: 12"
    Right thigh: 27.5"
    Left thigh: 27.5"