What is your newest food obsession?

Options

Replies

• c_gapske
    c_gapske Posts: 2
    Options
    I have been loving lemon pepper chicken and chopped up roasted asparagus mixed into rice!! Very delicious. Sometimes I crave brats too and get the johnsonville cheddar brats. I cook one up and slice it into pieces and mix with the asparagus and rice. AMAZING. My favorite dinners.
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    KOH 100% coconut water and a tomato sandwich with tomatoes, avacado slices, alfalfa srpouts, and 2 teaspoons of mayo on wheat bread. Perfect for lunch and goes great with any soup!
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Chunky guacamole with grapes in it. I dont even use chips, I just eat it like a salad.
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I made myself a turkey salsa soup last night and loved it :D so I think I'll make it again tonight!

I used chicken stock, diced tomatos, onion, diced turkey, chilli powder with a pinch of salt and stevia. Yummm! ^_^
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Filet mignon and mastering the cooking of it!
  • 24lol25
    24lol25 Posts: 49
    Options
    OMG TOTALLY BACON!!! ????
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Roasted red pepper hummus. I could eat it all day...
    Totally agree! I was so disappointed when it was sold out in two different grocery stores - it's really delicious!
  • rheannaraye
    rheannaraye Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Zucchini noodles (Zoodles!) Seriously, my food spiralizer was the best purchase I've made!!!

Interested, check here: http://www.amazon.com/Paderno-World-Cuisine-A4982799-Tri-Blade/dp/B0007Y9WHQ
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say potatoes. I eat them everyday. They're my lifeline.
  • Almightybea
    Options
    Oooh, how do you make them?
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (straw/rasberry) cheesecake (.25package SF FF cheesecake pudding mix to 6-8oz of plain greek yogurt. Add fresh fruit) Using 1 cup yogurt and .25 cup strawberries: 188 calories 23P/18C/0F along with vitamins and calcium.

1 scoop vanilla protein (I use Dymatize ISO), 1 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk, splash of real vanilla, big dash of cinnamon.
    150 cals 27P/2C/3F along with 52% calcium and the benefits of cinnamon

Tuna/Salmon spaghetti squash patties. When the squash is fried, the texture is like hash browns! Even with all of the naughty, delicious extras, a huge patty is only 300 calories!

Half of a cooked, and shredded squash
    add a can of tuna (1-2 people) or salmon (mulitple servings),
    one egg (add more for multiple)
    Seasoning (I use smoke flavoring and garlic)

Extras:
    Bacon,Cheddar or mozzerella, Feta, Green onions...

Here is one version that I made if you can read it:
    Ingredients Calories Carbs Fiber Sugar Protein Fat
    Spaghetti - Spaghetti Squash, 3.5 cup 147 35 8 14 4 1
    Meat: Bacon (Hormel Black Label) Thick Slice - Bacon, 6 slices 330 0 0 0 24 27
    Cheese- Tillamook - Medium Cheddar, Finely Shredded, 4 ounce 440 0 0 0 24 36
    365 - Feta Cheese Crumbles, 1 oz 70 2 0 1 6 4
    Great Day Farmers Market - Extra Large Egg, 1 egg 70 0 0 0 6 5
    Chicken of the Sea (14.75 oz) Can - Pink Salmon Traditional Style, 1 container (1 4/5 cups ea.) 630 0 0 0 84 35
    Crisco - Cooking Spray, 15 - second spray 75 0 0 0 0 8
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 1,762 37 8 15 148 116
    Per Serving: 294 6 1 3 25 19
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    broccoli. Seriously, eat it all the time.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Here lately it's been hummus with blue corn chips.... I could put away the whole container if I didn't control myself!!
  • R1ss4n1
    R1ss4n1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Fresh ginger!

I used it recently to make a tradition korean dessert punch - sujeonggwa and the ginger leftover from boiling I ended up candying. Delicious!

Plus the punch has cinnamon as well as the ginger, though a bit too much sugar. Next batch I'm going to reduce the sugar and see how it tastes to fit it into my meals. :9

Sugeonggwa recipe (super easy!) http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/sujeonggwa (I skip the persimmon and the pine nuts normally)

Candied ginger - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/candied-ginger-recipe.html#! If you use the punch for liquid instead of water you've been boiling just the ginger in this will be a little cinnamon-y and pack a bit less heat.
  • Badger618
    Badger618 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Green Smoothies with Matcha powder
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    UPDATE newest food obsession is cottage cheese with fruit topping
  • AmanisMom
    AmanisMom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! That's how I feel about avocado, onions, and guacamole
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Gluten-free chicken tenders by Perdue! I did a double take when I first found them, and did it again when I tasted them. I couldn't believe they're gluten-free! And they're so easy to make, and not that expensive either (when compared to other GF brand tenders at my store, they were cheapest for the amount)

I love cutting a few up and adding them to a big salad, or they're great alone with barbecue sauce and broccoli on the side. And it's 180 calories for 3 of them!

*I swear I'm not a saleswoman, lol... I'm just excited to have found something GF that's just as good if not better than the "gluten" version :)
  • melissajane83
    melissajane83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese and pickles.

not together though lol
  • Jg04811
    Jg04811 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Asparagus!! Can't cook it fast enough.